Is air refuel necessary?

It is recommended in some missions and in two where it is necessary, I’ve implemented a kind of „save game” system - where you can just get behind a tanker and when a prompt appears, exit the mission. Campaign will progress to next stage where you start behind the tanker with full tanks.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I'm interesting in your campaign, but I would to know if air refuel is necessary in some mission.

I just can't do it and this would be an impediment for me. Thanks

just need practice, set up in Mission Editor a tanker and you behind and practice. Was like you couldn't do it for the life on me :) now have no issues

It is recommended in some missions and in two where it is necessary, I’ve implemented a kind of „save game” system - where you can just get behind a tanker and when a prompt appears, exit the mission.

When I fly behind a tanker - what prompt appears before exist the mission for „save game” system?

Campaign will progress to next stage where you start behind the tanker with full tanks.

Will I start behind the tanker with full tanks in the same mission ?

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

The save feature doesn't work, or me hitting "end mission" was incorrect. I wasn't sure what to do and google doesn't have the answer... so it took me to mission 4. I'm not happy, because my choices are now to lose all progress, start over to see what would of happened in mission 3 OR continue and just not find out until I fly again. Was I supposed to press fly again?? or close?? Anyway to go back?

Sorry for the rant there, because OTHERWISE, this is an AMAZING campaign!!! I love the immersiveness, the realizm and the way it's literally forcing me to become a better pilot. THank you, i truly mean that!!

The save feature doesn't work, or me hitting "end mission" was incorrect. I wasn't sure what to do and google doesn't have the answer... so it took me to mission 4. I'm not happy, because my choices are now to lose all progress, start over to see what would of happened in mission 3 OR continue and just not find out until I fly again. Was I supposed to press fly again?? or close?? Anyway to go back?

Sorry for the rant there, because OTHERWISE, this is an AMAZING campaign!!! I love the immersiveness, the realizm and the way it's literally forcing me to become a better pilot. THank you, i truly mean that!!

Continue the campaign and just run M3 again from Mission Editor or as separate one just to see what happens.

I am checking the save game mode and it seems I was too optimistic - apart from taking players to M4 (I can’t figure out why), even if it works and you start behind the tanker, if you don’t succeed in the „branched” mission, it will take you back to M2... so I might need to disable it and search for another solution.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I'm interesting in your campaign, but I would to know if air refuel is necessary in some mission.

I just can't do it and this would be an impediment for me. Thanks

I had a hard time figuring it out too. Since the F/A18C has short legs air refueling is an essential part of the F/A18C experience, so I was determined to learn.

It is easier to dock a spaceship then to do an air refuel! So that is how I looked at it, it is like docking a spaceship in KSP. In a spaceship you turn on your thrust, then turn it off when you achieve your desired translation. Aircraft are different, you need to manually turn off the 'thrust'. For every action you have to do a counter action to correct. Want to increase your altitude pull on the stick, then push the stick to counter. Want to go faster, push the throttle forward, then pull the throttle back. Do everything in increments. Catch the basket then fly in close formation with the tanker. Make continuous adjustments, for every action do a counter action. Takes practice but once you get it down it is very rewarding.

I still have trouble when the tanker is turning, why does it take so long for a tanker to turn?

Continue the campaign and just run M3 again from Mission Editor or as separate one just to see what happens.

I am checking the save game mode and it seems I was too optimistic - apart from taking players to M4 (I can’t figure out why), even if it works and you start behind the tanker, if you don’t succeed in the „branched” mission, it will take you back to M2... so I might need to disable it and search for another solution.

Will wait your solution about fly in this company without the requirement for obligatory AA refueling... and then I will buy

Edited by SMN

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

simple solution is to practice aar, dont forget everyone had troubles when they first started to aar. Need to practice once you get the hang of it you will find it will come naturally

I do not ask for suggestions how to execute AAR, I do not have time and desire to master AAR!

I have executed several AAR, but have not derived pleasure from it :(

If will no any solution about fly in this company without the requirement for obligatory AA refueling... I will not buy this company...

All only IMHO

You can progress without AAR, with a simple logbook edit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I do not ask for suggestions how to execute AAR, I do not have time and desire to master AAR!

If will no any solution about fly in this company without the requirement for obligatory AA refueling... I will not buy this company...

All only IMHO

I get it. I don't want to master start up procedure, I just use the cheat. I don't want to master the radio communication, I just take off and land.

Apparently I didn't have notifications on here, I'm sorry for the late reply. I did wait to continue until I heard back though and I'm glad I did, because in the meantime I bought the book.

I really appreciate the reply and a QUICK one from you!! (just wish I had notifications on lol) I will continue on as you suggest and go back in ME for #3. Thanks BD and I suppose this will just make me a better pilot, as I'm just going to have to figure out how to air refuel on the smaller tankers lol

All only IMHO

SMN - I had issues as you see here and I promise you, you won't regret this one. EVEN with the AAR issues, it's totally worth it. BD will fix it, I believe that, but even without it, i'm continuing on and I know I'll love it. Buy it... probably the best campaign out there. JS

You can progress without AAR, with a simple logbook edit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For the "logbook edit challenged" here (me). Is there a simple guide or guide that I can follow to accomplish this? I have looked before , a few months ago but my resultant edit for another campaign toasted my progress.

EDIT: Please Ignore..worked it out using this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2830501&postcount=181

Edited by zildac
Figured it out

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero