HNS initial implementation

Racoon76

It's not yet released, but to be expected in the new patch.

But I'm curious as well to know now in detail what has been implemented. Did it includes all INS fixing methods?

You won't need to fix the INS yourself since the NAV computer will do so using GPS. But yes, I would like to see DSG FIX so that you can use the radar to fix it in missions that do not have SATNAV enabled. (Or TCN, if it can.)

Also, I hope ADF navigation gets implemented as well. You can tune to stations using the radio panel and you will get Morse Code response, but no symbology is presented on HUD/HSD yet.

Edited by J20Stronk

You won't need to fix the INS yourself since the NAV computer will do so using GPS. But yes, I would like to see DSG FIX so that you can use the radar to fix it in missions that do not have SATNAV enabled. (Or TCN, if it can.)

Also, I hope ADF navigation gets implemented as well. You can tune to stations using the radio panel and you will get Morse Code response, but no symbology is presented on HUD/HSD yet.

uboats said the aircraft isn't ADF capable, and won't get symbology for it, even if the radio panel has an ADF mode. See: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4462924&postcount=55

As for HNS, currently setting the INS to HNS (INS + GPS which makes the green UFCP light near the HNS button light up) does not fix the very fast error rate of the current INS. After a 30 minutes flight, the whole INS can be more than a mile off currently, with no real way to fix it expect with a ground alignment or an overfly alignment.

uboats said the aircraft isn't ADF capable, and won't get symbology for it, even if the radio panel has an ADF mode. See: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4462924&postcount=55

As for HNS, currently setting the INS to HNS (INS + GPS which makes the green UFCP light near the HNS button light up) does not fix the very fast error rate of the current INS. After a 30 minutes flight, the whole INS can be more than a mile off currently, with no real way to fix it expect with a ground alignment or an overfly alignment.

I saw that. Unfortunate it doesn't use ADF, even if it's redundant.

And yes, I know HNS does absolutely nothing rn. Hopefully once it's in we won't have yo update the INS everytime we fly for a couple of miles/minutes; the NAV system will do it for us.