TGP A2A mode

ilikepie

the manual seems a bit thin on tgp A2A employment.

looking for info on what ranges tgp is useful and what the expected behaviours are.

trying to corroborate behaviours, like switching from bhot to whot and losing point track on visual targets, plus effective range/s for holding point track and use in dgft mode

info appreciated

Action After Contemplation

Yeah seconded. I haven't been able to point track anything, and its super jittery when I switch to it, I can usually ID the plane at distance despite that but its far from ideal, like trying to spot something through a soda straw.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

At least now you get the struggle to find something with the TGP without the help from an afac or jtac.

In AA mode it actually isn’t that bad at all, you just have to get closer to be able to point track, TV usually works better. Also depends on how the bugged target is maneuvering.

Yeah AA mode is confusing right now. I locked an air target with my FCR, and turned on the TGP on the right MFD, but I accidently pressed TMS down and my TGP is slaved to a steerpoint (in AA mode), and I don't know how to get it slave back to the air target my radar is locking.

TBH, the whole TGP upgrade in the last patch is pretty confusing, and it gives you a feeling that they have not finished making those new functions because all functions works very poorly (MGC doesn't really do much, TV feed to too dark, SP mode is bugged, CCRP is not aiming at the target your TGP is tracking etc.). I am glad that ED finally made some progress on the Viper, but the results are pretty poor.

Does anyone else also think TGP is much easier to use before the update?

I think its one of the darkside of EA. It keep updated things and forced us to adapt.

As for the tgp A2A mode I agree its jittering too much, no idea if its realistic and TV mode is darn dark. I'm not sure I'm pleased with the update tbh. Probably the other F-16 sim spoiled me too much.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Yeah I guess I have to keeping doing air to air stuff (without the TGP) in the Viper now before they patch the TGP again. Or I can also do some CCIP drop with MK-82 and 84s.

Hope Maverick will be added in the next patch.

Good thing is that TWS mode seems to be working a lot better than before. I also noticed that the dynamic launch zone is more accurate? Seems like ED did some work but they didn't mention in the patch notes. IDK

Ok, so i can now point track closeish targets, i find the ir modes work better (probably realisitic).

Question, when i turn off the FCR, and just have the dashed box it does not show up on the hms. Should it show up on the hms like tgt tracked by radar?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).