Multiple failures in a multiplayer flight of only two aircraft

shon

Dear ED:

With the sole purpose of collaborating in helping to have a better module, I present below all the errors that arose in the flight that I made yesterday in multiplayer in the release version, with a friend.

1. We were a simple flight of two F18C (# 1 and # 2) in CAT1. When # 1 made the first communication with the Carrier, on the screen the answer that # 1 could read was addressed to him and only to him despite being the same flight that # 2 and therefore susceptible to being "holding hands".

2. Despite being # 1 who contacted mother, and being able to read on the screen that mother was addressing him by his side number, a surprised flight # 2 saw on his screen that mother answered indicating his own side number. That is, only flight # 1 contacted with mother, but the program responded to both, # 1 and # 2, with their own side numbers.

3. Later when # 2 contacted mother, he received a correct answer with his side number, and flight # 1 also saw the correct sid number of # 2 on screen.

4. Flight # 1 entered the carrier pattern first, resulting in a bolter. At that moment the program was broken, because, despite communicating "bolter, bolter", the communications menu that # 1 could see in his screen had returned to its initial status in which the option to contact the Carrier "inbound" appeared again.

5. Flight # 2 was unable to trap because the program told him that "there was an aircraft on the runway! " (or similar).

6. Flight # 1 tried to reset their comms and go through the whole communication procedure again, but as of "see you at 10" it never received a new "Signal Charlie".

7. Flight # 2 reset its communications and was able to receive a new "Signal Charlie" and final communications in the groove.

Edited by shon

We’re both aircraft in the same flight in the mission editor or two delegate flights?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

We’re both aircraft in the same flight in the mission editor or two delegate flights?

Hi, Sierra99.

Yes, both planes on the same flight. In fact in SA I saw my winmang with the letter "A", and that can only be if in the editor they are in the same flight.

Yah, the carrier ATC does not handle bolters very well at all right now. Best case scenario is starting the approach ATC over from scratch, worst is what you experienced - borking the carrier for everyone else.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi ED. I hope everyone is in good health. They have been difficult months, and I hope that you can get back to work with strength.

In last update I've seen that, except for cosmetic aspects, in the SC no important communications arrangements have been developed, specifically in the multiplayer Case I: it does not recognize flights "holding hangs", it confuses the callsign, it establishes the Signal Charlie not by order of arrival, it does not authorize new Signal Charlie until the previous one is completely landed on deck ... Well, everything already explained in my first post.

I read not long ago that ED handles data that the SP is the majority use of this simulator, and that worries me because I do not know if it is given due importance to the MP. I would simply like to know, if possible, an estimated date to fix all these errors, or at the very least, if ED recognizes them as such so as not to reach false and unpleasant expectations.

Finally, suggest that the changes in the release do not take so long. Once it is accepted as valid that beta modules jump to release, it should not take so long for the improvements to arrive because after all, it is still a beta.

Thanks.

Edited by shon

• 3 weeks later...

Just to confirm that in CAT III there is the same random error as in CAT I when Marshall confuses your number with that of another flight and logically assigns the same stack altitude to both!!

This module is not "flyable" in Multiplayer, and I am reluctant to use third-party scripts. I look forward to the moment when the SC goes to release, or at least It get an update, with not only briefing rooms and other cosmetic additions because the main essence of the SC should be their communications, and so on it is exposed in its manual. In fact, I bought it hoping that one day what the product would be manifested in relation to its comms will be fulfilled, and also some "puppets" that move. At least this second is already well done.

Edited by shon