How do I designate a CCRP target using the TGP post update

CBenson89

CZ isn't a mode but a command to zero out all the cursor slews. When you first start the slews are zero and when you move cursor they are changed and the CZ label changes from CZ (white text, black background) to CZ (black text, white background). This CZ highlighting in reverse video isn't in DCS yet.

You're not supposed to command track directly from SP. SP should only respond to TMS forward which puts down a temporary steerpoint and all the sensors start pointed at it. In SP pre-designate there shouldn't be a CCRP solution so HUD shouldn't show the ASL or TD box.

Anyway in DCS it's possible to get TGP tracking on the ground without the rest of the airplane "getting the message" and CCRP remains at the old non-TGP location. I'm not exactly sure what your video is showing but I think that's what you mean.

You're not supposed to command track directly from SP. SP should only respond to TMS forward which puts down a temporary steerpoint and all the sensors start pointed at it. In SP pre-designate there shouldn't be a CCRP solution so HUD shouldn't show the ASL or TD box.

-> is that the case since the update some days ago?

so : When TGP is SOI, the HUD Target box does not move to where You slew the TGP?

But... if the the active steerpoint is within the HUD, it kind of works

So at the moment it is not really possible to designate a target "on the fly" within visual range straight ahead for example ( when there is not a steerpoint on the target) ?

Hope they fix it soon. So annoying. I guess I quit playing until there is a fix. Just not enjoyable that we dont even have proper working CCRP at the moment.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Not sure what people are having a problem with. Use CCRP almost exclusively with the pod for target designation and not having any issues at all. First thought people are confusing the targeting of the F-18 and F-16, where the F-18 you designate a target, but the F-16 what you track is the target without any designation required. I've been loving the changes so it doesn't mess up the steerpoint when targeting.

If the CCRP line and TD box would move while slewing the TGP in Snow Plow mode that would be good enough. Not sure if it does in the real jet but if not then it would be pretty useless.

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

Not sure what people are having a problem with. Use CCRP almost exclusively with the pod for target designation and not having any issues at all. First thought people are confusing the targeting of the F-18 and F-16, where the F-18 you designate a target, but the F-16 what you track is the target without any designation required. I've been loving the changes so it doesn't mess up the steerpoint when targeting.

Try to designate a target that is not pre-planned with a steerpoint for a CCRP attack and you will understand.

Nothing to do with "mixing up with the Hornet Tpod"....

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Try to designate a target that is not pre-planned with a steerpoint for a CCRP attack and you will understand.

Nothing to do with "mixing up with the Hornet Tpod"....

I do, and I don't have any problem. Hence not understanding. :huh: Guess just have to see when an official response comes from someone at ED for what you seem to be having. :thumbup:

Edited by JeffreyC

I dont normally complain, but a short best practice video by someone qualified would be appreciated. How does the TGP work IRL for TOO targets and can it be demo'd please. Thanks.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

I do, and I don't have any problem. Hence not understanding. :huh: Guess just have to see when an official response comes from someone at ED for what you seem to be having. :thumbup:

But how do you get a proper "ccrp solution" then and recognize if your target that you have chosen with the TPod is really "tracked"? And how do you know when and where to pickle?

I don't get a bomb fall line, neither a time to release for GBU if I'm in CCRP and trying to attack a target of opportunity that is not near a Steerpoint.

Would be nice if you could "walk me through the procedure" because obviously I'm doing something wrong. Help is much appreciated.

The amount of comments and questions regarding difficulties with what’s implemented right now is evidence that something from the system is missing or not working as intended. I too am intrigued as to how JeffreyC claims there is no problem and all is working fine for him. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out a consistent sequence but am unable. Hopefully next update will fine tune things to be more useable.

There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to when you can use the sp mode to designate. I just keep mashing SP and CZ occasionally cycling through CCRP CCIP and guns until the TD box appears on my hud and is slewable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the new tgp and got confused as the CZ function didnt slew the TGP back to the selected steerpoint.

Can anyone summarize what is working or what is buggy at this time? I read thru this topic but dont get it...

I think we need a clarification video a la wags...

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

It should. CZ should highlight reverse video (white highlight, black text. doesn't right now) whenever there are cursor deltas away from the home position. You can hands-on CZ by TMS down several times with TGP SOI. Pressing the OSB labeled CZ should do the same.

How I've gotten SP to work is to never, ever slew SOI HUD while in SP mode and just for good measure make sure TGP is slaved and system CZ before entering SP. Then to designate TGP SOI and TMS right to command area track. I don't know if what I just said is fool proof but I can't remember SP screwing up doing the above. If I start HUD slewing in SP-pre-designate guaranteed to screw up the system.