TACAN Tune and Link Tune

lbellouny

Since the last update, the Link Tune and TACAN Tune commands are not working. They are recognized in Voice Attack, but Jester does not tune to the desired channel or frequency. If I tell Jester to TACAN Tune Texaco, that will work, but giving him X-Ray 103, for this example Texaco’s TACAN, he will not tune it. Went as far as resetting the keywords and deleting the commands and re-importing, no joy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Retired CO of the vCSG-3's VF-103 Jolly Rogers

i have noticed that it works but can take a long time recognize or you may have to speak louder and more clearly. I got it to work several times last night but it was not consistent. I also saw today that after the profile update to add the syria map airport keywords that none of those work with the select command. Only nearest ATC, Select works.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, Tye said:

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am having the same issue currently 

Please could you turn on Vaicom debug and then post a screenshot of the VA log screen once you have tried to use one of these commands

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 2 weeks later...

Well just tried TACAN tune as well, and discovered this is also giving me the same issue. Both TACAN and Link Tune commands do not seem to function within DCS yet show as recognized in Voice Attack.

Though other AIRIO commands such as Radio Tune and Scan Sector commands seem to work just fine as well as all the other VAICOM commands.

I'll attach a another screenshot as well. 

tacan and link tune issues.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I couldn't get the TACAN thing to work as well.
Found out its because TACAN isn't a real word and windows voice recognition that VA/VAICOM uses, doesn't recognise it. I just made the word to be TACK AN instead of TACAN and it works.
Also in VA/VAICOM you have to say "TACAN X-ray 035" pretty fast. It has to be one fast phrase. As soon I paused for even half a second it goes nuts. I don't think the voice recognition is a VA/VAICOM issue, its more likely windows voice recog issue.

VA/VAICOM could use phrasing that is understandable by the bot though. Same goes for the word "Tune". For some reason, my pronunciation most likely, it hears something entirely different, so I just took the word out or replaced it with a synonym.

Check out the manual. Teaching/reteaching VAICOM new easier phrases for us to speak and it to understand is incredibly easy.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting this now as well.  Recognized by VA, but no actual response with TACAN Tune or Link Tune.  TACAN Mode works fine.

Manually reinstalled latest versions of VAICOM and AIRIO, reimported the latest VAICOM/AIRIO vaps, using x64 version of VA in the default install folder.

Edited by Home Fries

Same here.  I tried link tune. I heard the beep that it's recognized, but nothing happens both in game and in the VA window.  So I tried Radio Tune.  And as you can see below, Something happend in the VA.  Jester also switched to 127.00 in game.

image.png

EDIT:  I did a test of commands that are part of VAICOM for the AIRIO.  And Commands that are in the VA profile.  Those commands included in VAICOM, Laser Code and Radio Tune works fine.  Something happens in both VA and DCS.  But LInk Tune and TACAN tune.  Just shows recognized, but nothing else happens.  Interestingly, the recognized TACAN Tune and Link Tune commands did not show up on the VAICOM Log file.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Eagle_01

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

I did some testing and found 2 mods that is responsible for this.  The first one is the Hercules 6.8.2.  I removed the mod, TACAN Tune and Link Tune worked.  The second one is TacView.  I deactivated TacView in the DCS Options and deleted the TacView folder in saved games.  And TACAN Tune and Link Tune worked.  There is a caveat though, my TacView is the Steam version.  I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

On 11/22/2021 at 2:33 PM, Eagle_01 said:

I did some testing and found 2 mods that is responsible for this.  The first one is the Hercules 6.8.2.  I removed the mod, TACAN Tune and Link Tune worked.  The second one is TacView.  I deactivated TacView in the DCS Options and deleted the TacView folder in saved games.  And TACAN Tune and Link Tune worked.  There is a caveat though, my TacView is the Steam version.  I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I've had the same issue with the TACAN Tune and Link Tune AIRIO commands not working. Turning off TacView in DCS World Options fixed the problem. No need to delete the folder and this wasn't the Steam version of TacView or DCS World either.

Edited by DaMoFo
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

6 hours ago, DaMoFo said:

I've had the same issue with the TACAN Tune and Link Tune AIRIO commands not working. Turning off TacView in DCS World Options fixed the problem. No need to delete the folder and this wasn't the Steam version of TacView or DCS World either.

VAICOM and AIRIO updates today.