Performance issues for me

CommandT

Luckily in the setting menu you have 3 custom save settings so if all your settings are good for the other maps then have those set to custom 1 maybe, then try different settings in one of the other two.

To be honest I had exactly the same issue, I was so annoyed how badly it performed flying low and slow in a heli over cities until I tried to adjust a couple of things - the terrain textures are pretty much the cause of my fps loss so I've got them on low. I've not really tried with many ground units yet mind you but with 4 Landrover 110s I'm starting to get slight stuttering back but generally I'm at 35-37 fps

123.jpg.217ed555104687407cffe35d029f0cc4.jpg

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

It runs pretty good for me a pretty constant 40-50 fps.

I found a couple of glitch areas in the desert E & SA to Damascus.

Anything below 1700 feet I was getting a massive frame rate drop & it would start to stutter.

This surprised me because there was nothing there except desert terrain.

It was like it was trying to load a massive amount of polys. But my graphics card load dropped from 98% to 65%

& the map is a RAM pig like 25-28GB of RAM.

Edited by mrmat01

I tried to adjust a couple of things - the terrain textures are pretty much the cause of my fps loss so I've got them on low. s

That's interesting because with terrain textures set to 'high,' I'd say that they still don't look as good as the Persian Gulf or Nevada textures. Syria is my first ever third party module, so maybe I'm just used to how ED's in house stuff looks... which is always pretty amazing.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

That's interesting because with terrain textures set to 'high,' I'd say that they still don't look as good as the Persian Gulf or Nevada textures. Syria is my first ever third party module, so maybe I'm just used to how ED's in house stuff looks... which is always pretty amazing.

Don't go off ED's house stuff its an advertisement & is meant to look as good as it gets. absolutely stunning & amazing. :surprise:

But for us mere mortals our with the middle of the road gaming pc's I run i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 2060

Its always a compromise between eye candy & FPS. For me its pretty good for the most part. There are just a few areas the need a bit of a tickle to get working better.

& its not where you think its in the desert where there is nothing.

Edited by mrmat01

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=284106 Worth looking at this forum thread, it suggests dropping your preload radius might help

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

I flew on the map last night for the first time in the F14. I was also experiencing mini stutters now and again.

My system isn't the best i5-7600K, 1070ti and 32Gb of RAM however all other maps are pretty faultless on the settings I use. Syria wasn't liking it.

After messing with settings I found the best solution was to set terrain textures to low. To me it looks the same on 1080p but no more choppy flight.

The F14 always saps fps more that other jets in any case so probably worse for me than a lot of others flying other airframes. No idea how bad it is for other jets.

I hope it will be optimized.

I understand that it's a big detailed map, but it runs much much worse then the other maps.

This. The annoying thing about DCS is that even ED itself seems to have wildly disparate standards for detail settings and that's even before third party.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Pretty map, performance not so great though, which is a pity. I am not interested in tweaking settings every time I change maps, my other maps give me a solid frame rate after years of tweaking, now I suffer tweaking fatigue, so I need a break from tweaking for a few years. I will put it back on the shelf for a few months and try again later stage see how it pans out.

i7-9700k, 32gb ram DDR4 3200, Z390 mainboard, DCS NVMe drive, 1070ti.

Hey guys

If the latest open beta update fixed your low FPS problems then disregard.

After clearing out the shader folders in saved games and mods terrain misc and using mustangs syria noise fix my FPS got much better.In VR im seeeing good performance even low over cities.

Ps Could have been the latest syria patch

Edit: After starting today FPS in half again in test mission!!

Repaired dcs FPS normal again!

Played a couple missions in syria then back to test mission and FPS in half again!!

Exit and hit emptystandbylist and FPS normal again!

Man get tired of this.

Wished Id held off this purchase..will in the future.

i9900k..32gb ram..2080 super

Edited by aceviper