Cant find ships using AG radar

Teamasian

Although its probably due to user error, I am completely unable to see ships using the AG radar. Is there something specific I’m supposed to mess around with in order for it to work?

No, there's nothing special but you might want a 90° sweep for faster updating, can you share a simple track.

Here I've used my RWR to find the direction of my carrier group, and switched to A2G, the group is approx. 10 nm away.

4WXShXf.jpg

Tested Open Beta 2.5.6.53756

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

While you can, generally, use the mapping air to ground radar mode we have now to find ships, it's not ideal. That's why the Hornet has a dedicated SEA mode which is specifically designed to detect ship targets, and is not implemented yet.

While you can, generally, use the mapping air to ground radar mode we have now to find ships, it's not ideal. That's why the Hornet has a dedicated SEA mode which is specifically designed to detect ship targets, and is not implemented yet.

The main limitation currently is basically the range. In MAP you can see ships quite well (the returns are pretty sharp , not unlike what you see in the Viggen‘s sea mode (admittedly a much older radar)), but only within 20-30ish miles. Way too close for an effective Harpoon strike on a warship. For an effective Harpoom attack I think we need at least 60 miles, better 80. And that is what I think the SEA mode will give us as it is specifically tailored for this kind of search unlike MAP mode.

Edited by Hog_No32