Interactive Kneeboard Extension

Hollywood_315

I bought the key, but have tried to activate more than 10 times and it always says: "Sorry, validation failed. Please check your email and key and try again"

If you turn debug on I suspect the log will give a server error 503. @Hollywood_315 has said that the licence server has been acting up recently and just keep trying until it works. I wasn't as bad as @speed-of-heat but it took me 4 or 5 goes

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hmmm... I'm just supposed to say "kneeboard", right? No config or checkboxes required?

The command is recognized, but just opens the standard kneeboard.

Hmmm...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it is all I had to do after buying and registering the kneeboard licence (and removing my own VA kneeboard command). I also had to do a repair install of windows to get speech recognition working again:(

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Pretty sure it is all I had to do after buying and registering the kneeboard licence (and removing my own VA kneeboard command). I also had to do a repair install of windows to get speech recognition working again:(

I had my own kneeboard command, removing it just made "kneeboard" unrecognized, so I added it in again, as all VAICOM profile commands should take precedence over other profiles anyway.

Anyway, got it working in the A-10C II, gonna test again in the Viggen where it wasn't.

Cheers!

Hay Hollywood,

great job! A constructive remark: your link on the bottom of VAICOM Manual page 76 still points to the April update of the Supercarrier guide. Since then, I guess May 28 version is the very latest, altough there is a May 11 version on the DCS Docu SC page. The May 28 version has the Case III departure picture corrected, without any clearing turn on page 43. This can be found I think only in the Doc folder of the Supercarrier modul, if you own it.

I just flew the Raven One Mission 11, and on approach after i had contacted Marshal it would not let me select the ATC page, i tried a standard case i recovery mission and it worked fine... anyone else tried this in the Raven On Campaign?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hey Drac

You're right there - I haven't had time to make one yet.

Why don't we do a:

+++ VIDEO COMPETITION +++

@All

The best VAICOM PRO Interactive Kneeboard video posted on YouTube will be rewarded with a FREE DCS module of choice!

:pilotfly:

Make sure to post a link to your vid in this thread.

Thanks again for your support.

All the best,

Hollywood

• Like 2

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Is Register server down? Can’t validate..

I've been trying over the past two days with two separate license keys. No joy so far. All the responses say "keep trying and it will eventually work after 5-10 tries". I've tried about 900 times so far... If you find a better solution than "keep trying" then let me know.

rolled the dice and purchased.... will install and try out tomorrow. :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've been trying over the past two days with two separate license keys. No joy so far. All the responses say "keep trying and it will eventually work after 5-10 tries". I've tried about 900 times so far... If you find a better solution than "keep trying" then let me know.

Stupid question. First time I installed and tried to validate, I forgot to remove all the text in the fields where you enter key and email.

Your sure you have only your key and email, and no other text left?

Also,

Please turn on debug in Vaicom and confirm the error you are getting is Server error 503. If it is something else then there may be another issue

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

I apologize in advance for this stupid question. I was able to purchase and received my validation code, when I tried to validate it I realized I didn't have any idea how to do that. I did try to look back and possible missed the instruction. If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction I would apricate it. Thanks

I apologize in advance for this stupid question. I was able to purchase and received my validation code, when I tried to validate it I realized I didn't have any idea how to do that. I did try to look back and possible missed the instruction. If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction I would apricate it. Thanks
You must enter the configuration window and then go to the tab for licenses. The configuration window you enter by pressing Lctrl + Lalt + c if I remember correctly.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Lctl + Lalt + c is correct, then go to the About tab. You will need to highlight the text in both the license key and e-mail addresses before you enter text into them or else your text will be entered into the middle of the strings (they do not auto clear when you start typing). Once both boxes are filled in hit the Validate Key button. If it fails just keep trying - the update server has been a bit grumpy recently (maybe it was threatened with lockdown) but there was a hotfix for Vaicom today that is hopefully sorting it.:thumbup:

Is there a list of the commands to use to bring up the various tabs? Saying "AWACS," "Notes," and "Flight" work, but Noe of the other tabs come up, and I don't see anything specific in the manual.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

It is in the manual page 40ish from memory?

try prefixing it with kneeboard awacs, and teaching it the sound/alias you want to use

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Is there a list of the commands to use to bring up the various tabs? Saying "AWACS," "Notes," and "Flight" work, but Noe of the other tabs come up, and I don't see anything specific in the manual.

Yes - page 77 of the manual. If you don't have the list there then you probably have an old version of the manual

Thanks for the information I did actually go into that screen but didn't realize how to do it, so your directions are very helpful.

My pleasure:thumbup:

I validated mine just some minutes ago at first attempt so it seems fixed

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

same here, no issue for reading it in on the first try.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control