Interactive Kneeboard Extension

Hollywood_315

Yes - page 77 of the manual. If you don't have the list there then you probably have an old version of the manual

Ok, I see that, but what I meant was what we have to say for each tab. After adding an alias I got JTAC to work (as “JAY TACK”), but can’t get ATC, AOCS, or REF to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Try Air Traffic Control for ATC. I haven't needed to use the others yet, but AOCS might be Crystal Palace

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Is there a list of the commands to use to bring up the various tabs? Saying "AWACS," "Notes," and "Flight" work, but Noe of the other tabs come up, and I don't see anything specific in the manual.

Page 45?: Call “AWACS…Page” or “Anvil…Page” etc. to browse to a tab (enable the Auto Browse option (EX) to browse without use of the Page command)

Page 45?: Call “AWACS…Page” or “Anvil…Page” etc. to browse to a tab (enable the Auto Browse option (EX) to browse without use of the Page command)

Not specific enough, unfortunately. AWACS works. Saying "ATC" or "Tower" or "Reference" doesn't.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Not specific enough, unfortunately. AWACS works. Saying "ATC" or "Tower" or "Reference" doesn't.

I have had a try this morning and the following work for me:

Chief = Ref tab

Air Traffic Control or an airfield name = ATC tab

Tanker or a tanker callsign = AAR tab

Crystal Palace = AOCS tab

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Anyone else notice that when you call inbound to the carrier, you don't get any information on the kneeboard?

Jtac info comes in automatically, but ATC info doesn't

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

Anyone else notice that when you call inbound to the carrier, you don't get any information on the kneeboard?

Jtac info comes in automatically, but ATC info doesn't

ATC for land based does appear - will try carrier later

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

I have had a try this morning and the following work for me:

Chief = Ref tab

Thanks, I’ll give it a try after work.

I came up with a better way of controlling different PTTs for multiple aircraft last night, but I’ll create a thread for that later.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

I can't call up the Tabs, what am I doing wrong? Saying "Kneeboard" without pressing any TX button brings up the interactive page alright, but just can't browse through the tabs... ?

How are you trying to move between the tabs? Is the Auto Browse checkbox bottom right of the EX tab in VAICOM Config checked or unchecked?

OK - I am running that way as well. To move to a tab I push a TX, say the name of the tab (e.g. JTAC or AWACS) and it then moves to that tab. This will not work for Notes or the Briefing tab where you have to use a command of the form Show...Notes

For some of the other tabs you can use the following

Chief = Ref tab

If this doesn't work, are you running Easy Comms on or off and which airframe are you trying it in?

ATC for land based does appear - will try carrier later

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

With today's vaicom update, the kneeboard is picking up atc info for me. All is good

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

@Hollywood_315 Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, when on the ground (certainly on the carrier) you can't seem to select the ATC page of the board ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

@Hollywood_315 Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, when on the ground (certainly on the carrier) you can't seem to select the ATC page of the board ?

I have just tried it with the Tomcat on the supercarrier deck and used ATC, Air Traffic Control and George Washington to get the ATC tab up, but it didn't appear 100% of the time and I needed to remember to release and the press the PTT button between each attempt

For now, I’ve created previous and next tab joystick binds in VAICOM, but would prefer for the voice commands to work.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

I have just tried it with the Tomcat on the supercarrier deck and used ATC, Air Traffic Control and George Washington to get the ATC tab up, but it didn't appear 100% of the time and I needed to remember to release and the press the PTT button between each attempt

yeah, my ptt is not engaged, i am using keybinds to tab through as i cant seem to get voice commands to work at all for kneeboard

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I like it. It works pretty well but still a little buggy. I can't get back to the ATO page after I leave it, and also can't figure out the voice commands for the AOCS, REF and NOTES tabs. I've read the manual and tried "show tasking order", "show notes", etc, but none of those work. VA is recognizing me perfectly. The log shows, "Unrecognized: 'show notes'", "Unrecognized: 'show tasking order'", etc. Any ideas? No issues with the AWACS, JTAC, ATC, Tanker and Flight tabs... they work great.

Thanks.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Are the Show commands in the VA list of commands (the pencil icon next to the profile name in the VA main screen and not the VAICOM config list)? It sounds like they are not in there. If not, then you need to go into VAICOM config, hit the FINISH button on the Editor tab and follow the instructions

• Like 2

That must be it. Now that you mention it, I do see a one-liner about that in the manual that I missed. Thanks hornblower! Consider it fixed unless you hear any thing else from me.

• Like 1

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Hmmm... I'm just supposed to say "kneeboard", right? No config or checkboxes required?

The command is recognized, but just opens the standard kneeboard.

Hmmm...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm having the same problem . . I've installed the feature and when I say 'kneeboard' the old one appears . . . can't get it to open with the yellow sticker in the upper left corner. Tried adding the 'key' again and going thru the install, but can't get it to work in any aircraft. I also purchased the Chatter and ATC feature today, chatter works fine, haven't tried the ATC yet. Any and all help would be appreciated . . thanks.

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |