Interactive Kneeboard Extension

Hollywood_315

Is it possible to stop it from switching directly to the "Log" page when receiving a radio call? I am flying the "Raven One" campaign with its own two pages in the kneeboard for the missions. At the moment I have to browse back to mission pages after most of the radio calls.

Another feature request. For me it seems that the dictation module from Microsoft has problems to identify numbers (e.g. "2" [two] vs. "to"). Is it possible to use the keyboard for notes in dictation mode?

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

I'm having the same problem . . I've installed the feature and when I say 'kneeboard' the old one appears . . . can't get it to open with the yellow sticker in the upper left corner. Tried adding the 'key' again and going thru the install, but can't get it to work in any aircraft. I also purchased the Chatter and ATC feature today, chatter works fine, haven't tried the ATC yet. Any and all help would be appreciated . . thanks.

Do you press a PTT when saying "kneeboard"? That was my issue as I had an old "kneeboard" command in another piggy backed VA profile for the default kneeboard.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi!!

Nice work!!

A few errors:

1. When I said "Start Dictate" in Note tab, I can't end dictate...

2. Just after that, the listening keep on (I configured my hotas to suspend the listening after release the bottom)

and this error appear when I insist to end dictate: PTT: use an active TX node

If I am not activate the dictate, everything is ok.

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Is it possible to stop it from switching directly to the "Log" page when receiving a radio call? I am flying the "Raven One" campaign with its own two pages in the kneeboard for the missions. At the moment I have to browse back to mission pages after most of the radio calls.

Another feature request. For me it seems that the dictation module from Microsoft has problems to identify numbers (e.g. "2" [two] vs. "to"). Is it possible to use the keyboard for notes in dictation mode?

Having the same issue here... no idea what's wrong. I've also reset kneeboards via Kneeboardbuilder...

Wait, I've just managed to load it? no idea how...

Still, there's something that escapes me... probably due to the use of Kneeboardbuilder in previous times... I've tried to reset it completely and it seems to have worked. But I don't really know how this thing is supposed to work...

Also: is this compatible with VRK?

Having the same issue here... no idea what's wrong. I've also reset kneeboards via Kneeboardbuilder...

Wait, I've just managed to load it? no idea how...

Still, there's something that escapes me... probably due to the use of Kneeboardbuilder in previous times... I've tried to reset it completely and it seems to have worked. But I don't really know how this thing is supposed to work...

Also: is this compatible with VRK?

What issues are you having - the manual covers use - some of the tabs need to use special commands to access so the Ref page is brought up by saying Chief...Page, ATO is Show Log, AOCS is Crystal Palace. It will then auto populate with the relevant information during the mission, for instance JTAC nineline information will appear automatically on the JTAC page.

Also, I have kneeboardbuilder pages in mine and it works fine

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I would like to do the same questiom

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Just purchased the Interactive Kneeboard Key! Licence purchase and Key activation took less than 5 minutes. Now I need to get the family out of the house so they don't laugh at me when I am talking to DCS "Kneeboard - Crystal Palace," etc.. lol.. Cheers.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Also, I have kneeboardbuilder pages in mine and it works fine

Yeah it works for the pages, less so if you have moved the kneeboard around the screen, I guess... IDK between kneeboardbuilder, VRK, this extension and any handmade mods I might have done and forget about I feel there were too many variables. Solution: repair+clear, reinstall one by one... I am now at a point where VAICOM's kneeboard works nicely with VRK... still have to throw kneeboardbuilder in the mix and see what happens.

hey hollywood, what a great addition not only to vaicom, but also to the whole game! thanks for that. now i can finally get rid of those captions without missing anything :thumbup:

do you think there is any way that we could click the kneeboard tabs using the mouse in the future?

Can't help with the second one, but it just occured to me that perhaps the AutoBrowse Feature might be doing this.

I just wrote to Hollywood requesting just the same thing then it occured to me that perhaps disabling AutoBrowse might work, Yet to test it though

It's a tiny box at the base of the kneeboard opacity slider in the EX tab of the Vaicom pop up.

I'll report back later to confirm if that works or not

Can't help with the second one, but it just occured to me that perhaps the AutoBrowse Feature might be doing this.

I just wrote to Hollywood requesting just the same thing then it occured to me that perhaps disabling AutoBrowse might work, Yet to test it though

It's a tiny box at the base of the kneeboard opacity slider in the EX tab of the Vaicom pop up.

I'll report back later to confirm if that works or not

This should just allow you to browse the tabs without saying page in the command but will be interesting to see whether this is a side effect

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Issue with speech recogintion

Kneeboard works fine so far! Great job!!!

My probelm: my voice commands within the notes tab is recognized by accident. Trained the microsoft speech engine - but it didn't help. VA with VAICOM works fine so far.

May someone help me?

Kind regards

Robert

Issue with speech recogintion

Kneeboard works fine so far! Great job!!!

My probelm: my voice commands within the notes tab is recognized by accident. Trained the microsoft speech engine - but it didn't help. VA with VAICOM works fine so far.

May someone help me?

Kind regards

Robert

What is your exact issue - is it that your commands are added to the Notes page when you are on it and you issue the command? If so, have you turned dictation mode on by accident?

No, when Dictation is active my words are sometimes recognized, sometimes not. And when they are recognized they are often misunderstood.
I think the only option is to do more voice training - I am not 100% sure, but dictation uses the inbuilt Microsoft speech recognition engine and will not be interpreted by Vaicom

No, when Dictation is active my words are sometimes recognized, sometimes not. And when they are recognized they are often misunderstood.

Strange enough I have the same problem. Voice Commands are working good in the kneeboard, but dictation in the notes section so nearly not recognition my spoken words. I have to tell I am not naturally speaking englisch, I am german but the sytem is set to EN.

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

Strange enough I have the same problem. Voice Commands are working good in the kneeboard, but dictation in the notes section so nearly not recognition my spoken words. I have to tell I am not naturally speaking englisch, I am german but the sytem is set to EN.

I definitely think this is a Microsoft speech recognition issue. Have you set it to recognise non-native accents?