Interactive Kneeboard Extension

Hollywood_315

9 hours ago, Mower said:

The instructions are ambiguous and do not work for me in that Ctl A deletes EVERYTHING for spoken commands and Ctl V pastes nothing.

Ctl A should delete everything - if Ctl V does not work try pasting the commands into Notepad or similar after pressing the Finish button, and then copy them all from there into the VA profile. On an infrequent basis, Ctl V does not work for me and this workaround solves it

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

49 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

Ctl A should delete everything - if Ctl V does not work try pasting the commands into Notepad or similar after pressing the Finish button, and then copy them all from there into the VA profile. On an infrequent basis, Ctl V does not work for me and this workaround solves it

Thanks for the response, what I mean is Ctl-A delete ALL of the entries, not just the AI Communications, the whole page, all entries for all categories delete, is that expected?  I have the Pro License BTW lest you think Im wasting your time, sir. 👨‍✈️

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

No - I think you have missed a step.

When you have the VA profile open there should be a category called Keyword Collections. Each of these entries will say AI Communications under Description. Double click on any of these entries and it should open the Edit a Command screen as shown below

image.thumb.png.99a5e632a0722da6300d79e044dabac4.png

You then need to Ctrl + A to delete all the entries in the When I say field and then Ctrl + V to paste the new set in.

Press OK here and then Apply / Done on the Edit profile screen

Hopefully this sorts it👍

• Thanks 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Glad to be of some assistance😀😀

Hello guys,

Here's my experience so far:

The ATC page is not working correctly. It displays correctly the first time I open the Kneeboard and then it won't react.
I've added vocal commands in VA as suggested and even with "next page" and "previous page", the ATC page doesn't work. I go from JTAC to AAR in both directions, but the ATC page is ignored.

I'll keep investigating/

Judy

Got some odd behavior here too. All of the commands work, except "Kneeboard" I can browse all the tabs, dictate without issues, but I cannot open or close the kneeboard with a voice command, I just get the little speech bubble with a red cross in the top right of Voice Attack and nothing shown in the log. All of the other commands show up as recognized, and if I say something completely wrong like "I would like a keyboard" it shows as unrecognized, but the word "Kneeboard"... nothing apart from the VA indicator that it wasn't recognized.

I've gone through the troubleshooting steps above, tried VSPX on and off, imported a new profile, deleted the VAICOM folder in the scripts folder in DCS, run a cleaned and mod less version.

It's not the end of the world, I can bring up the kneeboard with a button press, it's just really odd.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Highwayman-Ed

You could just always make your own command in VA and add it to the profile if Vaicom won't Open/Close the kneeboard for you. R_Shift "K" is the usual default, that's how I open and close my kneeboard anyway and it works well for me

I realize that's sorta missing the point but it is a workaround

I'm at a loss now. I'm trying VSPX. I think it's better for the way I speak, but it's now impossible to display the kneeboard🤔. My vocal command is recognized in VA but the kneeboard doesn't show.

Another problem : the Config window keeps showing Easy Communications ON on the PTT tab, but I selected EC OFF in DCS. Funny because the PTT tab shows EC ON when I start VAICOM and DCS, but when I exit DCS, it shows EC Off. Beats me.

I've already done the "dance" (delete Export.lua, etc.) but to no avail.

I'm using the F/A-18 module. I haven't tried another module, but I suppose I'll have the same behaviour.

Any ideas?

Judy

Thanks for your help, Hollywood. I'll check that later. The funny thing, though, is that the PTT tab goes from EC ON when I start DCS to OFF when I quit it. And I made sure EC is Off in my test mission options.

I'm now going to try with EC On in DCS settings and in the mission options to see how it goes. More later.

Judy

@Judy1301

Can't help with the Comms problem but I run VSPX and added the Execute External Plug In commands as detailed in the manual to call the Kneeboard Tabs up and they work great for me

When I'm next in DCS I'll look at what the PTT page is saying for Easy Comms, but I cannot recall havinng any problems.

OK, the latest :

I'm now in EC On and VSPX and it works much better. Everything I say is perfectly recognized and executed. The relevant radio frequencies are automatically selected, as designed. It's now a real game changer.

I've had to set up keyboard shortcuts in VA to display the kneeboard and its different tabs. Everything works OK BUT the ATC tab. Whatever I do (vocal or keyboard shortcut), it never shows. I don't know why. It's not really a show stopper but I'd like to understand why.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Judy

i have been unable to get access to the ATC tab on the ground seems to be ok when i am in the air...

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 12/14/2020 at 7:58 PM, Weegie said:

AAR tab working fine for me using the kneeboard.tab.tanker  command in the Plug in Context box that's within the Execute an External Plugin Function command in VA

Yes the AAR tab works fine for me too, it's just the ATC tab that doesn't work 😉

2 hours ago, Judy1301 said:

Yes the AAR tab works fine for me too, it's just the ATC tab that doesn't work 😉

Apologies I misread your post

ATC also working fine using kneeboard.tab.atc command in the Plug in Context box that's within the Execute an External Plugin Function command in VA

I did have some trouble getting VA to recognise ATC, so used the following in the  "When I Say" box [ATC;EhTeeSee;Traffic;Tower] Data

VA will then select the ATC tab when I say "ATC Data" or  "EhTeeSee Data" or "Traffic Data" or "Tower Data"

I have the ATC tab command set up in Voiceattack but it only works intermittently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

2 hours ago, eagleace21 said:

Is there any way to prevent it from bringing up the VAICOM kneeboard page every time I interact with jester via VAICOM?  I am usually using my kneeboard pages and its annoying to have to constantly cycle back to the page I was on.

Must admit I haven't noticed that but not been in the Tomcat a lot recently.

I use VA to go to various pages on the kneeboard and noticed that whenever the Interactive kneeboard had any updated info to display it jumped to the relevant tab

and found it really annoying

To stop that Uncheck the Auto Browse box in the EX tab of the Vaicom pop up window, it's on the right below the slider that alters the Interactive kneeboard opacity

Hopefuly the same thing will work for you

20 hours ago, Weegie said:

Must admit I haven't noticed that but not been in the Tomcat a lot recently.

I use VA to go to various pages on the kneeboard and noticed that whenever the Interactive kneeboard had any updated info to display it jumped to the relevant tab

and found it really annoying

To stop that Uncheck the Auto Browse box in the EX tab of the Vaicom pop up window, it's on the right below the slider that alters the Interactive kneeboard opacity

Hopefuly the same thing will work for you

I will give it a try, thanks!!

Turning off auto browse does not fix the intermittent ATC page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)