Interactive Kneeboard Extension

Hollywood_315

1 hour ago, RogueSqdn said:

Turning off auto browse does not fix the intermittent ATC page. emoji2357.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Different problem that's why I quoted eagleace specifically.

I gather you've tried putting in a command into the Vaicom VA profile for the ATC tab and that didn't work, if not surely it's worth a shot?

I've got all the Interactive tabs working via the "Execute an External Plugin Fuction" using the commands detailed in the manual.

I use VSPX and as of now not all the calls work via Vaicom on its own, without the additional commands being added into the Vaicom profile .

Other than that I'm outta ideas @hornblower793 or Hollywood himself are the best bets to help you.

I'd also go direct to the Vaicom website and raise the query, although Hollywood visits here from time to time, I've always found shooting a query on the Vaicom website gets a faster response than posting up here.

• Like 1

Yes, I do have a command created, but unfortunately it only works about half the time. I can’t seem to narrow down why.

Not at home now so I can’t give you more information than that. I CAN tell you that I have left/right cycle tabs and a command for the REF tab working. The left/right cycle skips past the ATC tab most of the time also.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

22 hours ago, RogueSqdn said:

Yes, I do have a command created, but unfortunately it only works about half the time. I can’t seem to narrow down why.

Not at home now so I can’t give you more information than that. I CAN tell you that I have left/right cycle tabs and a command for the REF tab working. The left/right cycle skips past the ATC tab most of the time also.

Exactly the same happening here. Vocally or with keyboard shortcuts set in the Vaicom profile, the ATC tab doesn't really work. And I've also tried unselecting the Auto Browse option in the Config app. It doesn't make any difference. Funny because all other kneeboard tabs work perfectly. And I've also set  "next page" and "previous page" commands in the profile, through the External Plugin Function but it never shows the ATC tab.

Judy

Edited by Judy1301
Typo's

In Carrier the ATC does not write the spoken instructions in the kneeboard?

Can confirm. Same problem here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, overalien said:

Can confirm. Same problem here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah me too. Along with tab issues as others have said. Shame as I thought this was an amazing addition to DCS, almost essential really as its plugs a real gap and would make mission planning and execution so much more easily. Takes so long to collect all co-ords, and radio frequencies and get them into a kneeboard. I really think ED need to incorporate this sort of thing into core DCS. Even without the voice command bit.

In my case, it’s the manual tab commands that won’t work to bring up the ATC page. Haven’t tried it by voice.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

1 hour ago, Hollywood_315 said:

Update with FINISH and use the corect syntax e.g. ' JTAC,... Page'.  See manual.

Carrier CASE I works, CASE III doesn't: known issue.

I'll re-read the manual. I may have not done everything correctly. Thanks. If the profile in VA has the words listed then they will be saved correctly?, is that right?

Manual tab commands??

You can manually program commands into Voiceattack to switch to individual tabs, or to cycle left/right between them. It’s covered in the VAICOM manual.

• Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

21 hours ago, RogueSqdn said:

You can manually program commands into Voiceattack to switch to individual tabs, or to cycle left/right between them. It’s covered in the VAICOM manual.

That works for me, I can bind it to my button box. Great! Prefer that to voice command. Thanks!

Just purchased the Kneeboard extension.

It said to activate in the Vaicom config menu, but I do not see anything in there related to activating the Kneeboard extension?
Is this done automatically?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just stick the Key No into the (enter license key here) box followed by your email address in the (enter email address here) box in the  About Tab of the Vaicom pop up and after it registers with the server, which might take a few tries and it should be good to go.

Remember when putting in the Serial No & mail address to delete the (enter license key here) & (enter email address here) bfore putting in the details

43 minutes ago, Weegie said:

Just stick the Key No into the (enter license key here) box followed by your email address in the (enter email address here) box in the  About Tab of the Vaicom pop up and after it registers with the server, which might take a few tries and it should be good to go.

Remember when putting in the Serial No & mail address to delete the (enter license key here) & (enter email address here) bfore putting in the details

👍

Thank you!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

@Hollywood_315 and the entire VAICOM team (I assume there's a team?):

Thank you for this great tool!

As a Voice Attack and VAICOM Pro newcomer, the new interactive kneeboard is very helpful. Obviously stuff like being able to readback JTAC coordinates is extremely useful in VR. But also, for someone new like me, it really helps to see all the different possible radio callout lines (in the right side of the kneeboard).

Also, as a non native English speaker, I'm amazed by how good my voice commamds are recognized (I only did the Windows voice recognition test once).

VAICOM Pro and this kneeboard really enhanced my DCS experience!!

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 11/29/2020 at 9:25 PM, Biga42 said:

I realized that when you switch to ATC page is showing radios frequencies as 3.125, 4.123...etc, is possible to show the frequencies as 127,500...etc? Is it a configuration issue?

thanks!

@Hollywood_315 Do you know if there is a solution to this?

• Like 1

i9-9900KS CPU @ 5.1GHz, Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z390 Master Mobo, Corsair Vengance 64GB 3000Mhz Ram, 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 1Tb Drive (OS), 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 512Gb Drive (DCS), 1 x RTX 2080Ti AORUS Waterforce 11Gb, 3 x 27" ACER Predator 2560x1440px, 27" LG 2560x1440px HP Reverb G2, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog Throttle and Stick, 3 x HOTAS Cougar MFCDs, Elgato Streamdeck & Streamdeck XL

6 hours ago, funkster said:

Any news / release of the update to fix the known issue of  Case II /III ATC notes not being made? 

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/257727-happy-new-year/

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I have noticed that I can't get much of my misson briefing to appear on the first page, seems to just get the first word or two and then that's it. This would be really handy so I can finally add co-ordinates to brief in ME and then see them on kneeboard. I know this can be done view the ESC key but I can't directly copy co-ords from hat into aircraft as I have to keep stopping and starting.

I´m having a problem with the dictation mode. Everything  works as it should, exept the dictation mode. I can start it, the red "dict on" is turned on, but it doesn´t write anything down. No matter if I keep the PTT pressed or not. Any ideas? thx

btw: Great addition to vaicom, thx for that Hollywood! Keep up the great work! Really appreciate it!