Interactive Kneeboard Extension

Hollywood_315

Hi...

I recently purchased the VAICOM plugin including the kneeboard and other stuff.

Now I have the following issues with the kneeboard:

1. The term "kneeboard" is not recognized by VA, so I have to push a button in order to open the kneeboard. No big deal, but still wondering....

2. I can not click on the tabs (AWACS, JTAC etc) with the mouse. Nothing happens, when I click on them.

3. I can only open some of the tabs via voice command. "AWACS" works, while "JTAC" and some others don`t. Also, what am I supposed to say to open the AAR tab? "AAR"? "Air Refuelling"? Air-to-air refuelling"?

Happy, if someone could help or lead me into the right direction...

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

23 hours ago, Phantom711 said:

Hi...

I recently purchased the VAICOM plugin including the kneeboard and other stuff.

Now I have the following issues with the kneeboard:

1. The term "kneeboard" is not recognized by VA, so I have to push a button in order to open the kneeboard. No big deal, but still wondering....

2. I can not click on the tabs (AWACS, JTAC etc) with the mouse. Nothing happens, when I click on them.

3. I can only open some of the tabs via voice command. "AWACS" works, while "JTAC" and some others don`t. Also, what am I supposed to say to open the AAR tab? "AAR"? "Air Refuelling"? Air-to-air refuelling"?

Happy, if someone could help or lead me into the right direction...

The tabs aren’t mouse clickable. The terms for the pages that work for me are “fuel page” “log page” “notes page” “flight page”. At least I believe that’s so as I haven’t used it for awhile.  Not sure about the JTAC page anymore. If you use the vspx processing then you have to change some stuff up but I can’t remember exactly what. It’s in the manual near the end. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Is their a way to turn off or disable the interactive vaicom kneeboard that now comes included in the updated free "open source" version of Vaicom?  I wanted to go a different route and cant get rid of it...

I want to be able to pull up my custom added kneeboard pages without having to click on the tab arrows to access.  Also having to establish bookmarks after every mission start is painful.  Vaicom kneeboard was a good thought but not "quick" user friendly for added pages....

17 minutes ago, HemiGuy said:

Is their a way to turn off or disable the interactive vaicom kneeboard that now comes included in the updated free "open source" version of Vaicom?  I wanted to go a different route and cant get rid of it...

I want to be able to pull up my custom added kneeboard pages without having to click on the tab arrows to access.  Also having to establish bookmarks after every mission start is painful.  Vaicom kneeboard was a good thought but not "quick" user friendly for added pages....

In the old, paid version you would delete your license key from the license page to disable it. I'm not sure there is a way to disable it in the current version.

However, do you realize that the VAICOM kneeboard extension is really just a single page in the regular kneeboard? You can still add your own pages to the regular kneeboard and access them in the usual way without using tabs. And as far as I know the need to recreate bookmarks at every mission start is a feature of the regular kneeboard that has nothing to do with VAICOM.

• Like 2

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Why I disagree, it's a good suggestion for the wishlist to disable it.
If you name your custom pages accordingly, (file names I suppose), they should be the first ones to the right. I have a voice command for it.
Other users have wished for the kneeboard to have predifined/static bookmarks, but that's on ED and not part of VAICOM, except that it adds itself as a bookmark, and I guess that's why it always displays as the first one.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
Hi, since some of the tab selection command doesnt work I would like to know how to create a ne new command within Voice Attack to activate the kneeboard.tab.log API.
I did it before but that was long time ago...

TY Gentlemen
Hi! What do you mean they don't work? They work perfectly for me. You can add buttons to browse between then too if you want.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...