Interactive Kneeboard Extension

Hollywood_315

On 3/5/2021 at 1:59 PM, Lostaviator said:

Anyone else having trouble with the knee board?  I can only get the Log page and Notes page to come up via voice command.  

I was having that same issue. I "fixed" it by adding new VoiceAttack button commands for 'kneeboard.tab.nxt' and 'kneeboard.tab.prv' so I don't have to say the Page commands anymore. Works nice having a hat with press as show/hide, up/down for next/prev page, and right/left for next/prev tab.

image.png

That said, If you have VSPX disabled, try adding a delay between the words... like "Texaco.....(half-second or so pause until you hear a beep)... Page".

Edited by Monkwolf
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 9:14 AM, DayGlow said:

Does this log radio messages as well? I'm a VR player and want to try the Enemy Within campaign, but have held off so far as I understand there is a lot of custom radio messages that have target coordinates outside of the JTAC. I'm hoping this is the solution that I am looking for. 

Custom radio messages are not logged on the kneeboard.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 4:51 AM, =Panther= said:

Custom radio messages are not logged on the kneeboard.

Damn. This would help me a lot as foreigner. So far, I mostly need to play mission twice - first time, I am focused on text, because I cant take the info from voice good. Second time, I am actually playing the mission, keeping the custom messages in head:-) Hopefully in future it will log it.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

On 4/18/2021 at 3:49 PM, tribundf said:

I am having issues with the ATC, JTAC, etc. information not being written down on my notepad. I everything else is working correctly.

I am having some issues as well--possibly since the 2.7 update.  In my case field ATC and JTAC instructions are being captured, but SuperCarrier instructions (Case I, II, or III) are not showing up.  Anyone else?

Thanks!

ColdFront_WI

Home-built Hornet pit, detailed plans available on GitHub

Virpil WarBRD base, TM Hornet/Warthog grip, TM Warthog Throttle, Logitech G Pro rudder pedals

MSI MPG Z390M, i9-9900k @ 5.0GHz with Noctua NH-D15, RTX 2080ti FE, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD, HP Reverb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here.  No ATC or Air refueling instructions being captured.  Started with 2.7 update.

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

I wonder if this has anything to do with 2.7 encrypting/compiling the lua files.

FWIW, the kneeboard will show up but will have no text updates for me since 2.7.  

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Same here.  No ATC or Air refueling instructions being captured.  Started with 2.7 update.
You mean ATC for carriers? Haven't tested that, but normal ATC works fine for me, except the Caucasus bug. But that's on ED.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I wonder if this has anything to do with 2.7 encrypting/compiling the lua files.

FWIW, the kneeboard will show up but will have no text updates for me since 2.7.  
Haven't really gotten to try it out yet, so I don't get to change pages. But text on the default page updates for me.
I really hope Hollywood can come around soon as I want VAICOM to work in the Hind for sure, and hopefully the A-4 as well.
It does work on ground for the T-45, just hope they can sort out the radios soon.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I have the error that the Target Information is not displayed in the Jtac tab in multiplayer. Sometimes when JTAC transmitted Data, the tab also contains confused stuff.

SinglePlayer works fine. Is that right ?

AMD 7800X3D | Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus | Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 64GB @6000MHz| NVIDIA 4090 FE | DCS only @ M.2 WD SN850X 1TB | Quest 3 & Virtual Desktop | TM Warthog | TM Pedals | | My F-18 Rogers SimPit

in most situations when i am in the air, i can't get to the ATC kneeboard page  if i am approaching a carrier... 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi there people

Just to make you aware that the loss of some Interactive Kneeboard notations in DCS 2.7 has been flagged. 
ED is still making changes to 2.7 openbeta at this time.
Once 2.7 moves out of beta and into stable release version, a plugin update will be planned.
All Interactive Kneeboard functions work in DCS 2.5 release version.   

All the best
Hollywood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks for letting us know you're working on it.  👍

• Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

@Hollywood_315 Thx for the update!

I just purchased the whole bundle and I noticed the yellow sticker is not standard there, also when i say "Anvil" to go to the JTAC page the kneeboard closes instead.

Is that normal with 2.7 or is there still something wrong on my end?

I reckon your accent your Dutch?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone having issues getting this to show the tabs, I went through hours of diagnosing my problem only to find that I had an old registry entry for DCS world on an old hard drive that didn’t exist anymore. Even though I’m now using DCS beta and that was correctly set in the settings, when it couldn’t find my old install the kneeboard didn’t install correctly. I deleted the old registry entry with regedit and reset my lua files and now it works (at least as well as it should under 2.7)

Possibly a bug that it didn’t just ignore the old registry entry and install in open beta like it should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi just bought kneeboard plugin

installed the licence.... no problem

but now kneeboard dont work.

i found that commands like "kneeboard" "next" "previous" etc.... are not shown in my command in my profil "VAICOMPRO for dcs world.

did i miss something?

thx

i found that commands like "kneeboard" "next" "previous" etc.... are not shown in my command in my profil "VAICOMPRO for dcs world.
did i miss something?

thx

Did you do the “finish” steps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tony86 said:

did i miss something?

thx

Apart from "Kneeboard" those are not VAICOM kneeboard commands. If you are looking for them then I suggest you have not read the kneeboard documentation in the VAICOM manual. "Kneeboard" itself should work but you need to make sure you do the "Finish" steps to add them to your profile.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 4/1/2021 at 8:45 PM, Munkwolf said:

I was having that same issue. I "fixed" it by adding new VoiceAttack button commands for 'kneeboard.tab.nxt' and 'kneeboard.tab.prv' so I don't have to say the Page commands anymore. Works nice having a hat with press as show/hide, up/down for next/prev page, and right/left for next/prev tab.

image.png

That said, If you have VSPX disabled, try adding a delay between the words... like "Texaco.....(half-second or so pause until you hear a beep)... Page".

Seems to be a syntaxc error in the VSPX keywords collection, and the following method works as a temporary fix for me.

-    Copy all VSPX keywords collection from your VA profile into Notepad++ and located the line that contains all kneeboard extension keyword. From a fresh install it should looks like this:
[Kneeboard;][Start Dictate; End Dictate; Correction; Clear Notes; Show Notes; Show Log; Show Tasking Order]

-    Removed the bracket after the words"Kneeboard" and before "Start Dictade" so it looks like this:
[Kneeboard; Start Dictate; End Dictate; Correction; Clear Notes; Show Notes; Show Log; Show Tasking Order]

-    Copy and replace the modified keywords collection from Notepad++ to your VA profile.

Remember to edit this line everytime you have made some changes in your keywords collections.

Edited by Olmba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

can someone help me.

I do not get the entire 9 line or ATC tab text readout on the kneeboard . I only get the first line of the text. Any way that can be fixed?

image.pngimage.png

this is the only line that pops up after Case 3 readout!

Edited by Convexrook

zprwsp-6.png