Interactive Kneeboard Extension

Hollywood_315

I definitely think this is a Microsoft speech recognition issue. Have you set it to recognise non-native accents?

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

Thanks for this hint, will try to find this setting. And maybe trying to do more windows speech training.

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

Somehow the kneeboard stopped working for me.

It worked fine initially however when I now open it, all I get is the header backdrop but no bookmark and the background is the metal back plate in VR (non-VR the board is transparent) and it seems to be non interactive.

I can however switch back and forth to the normal kneeboard pages.

Not sure what I did or what changed. So far I've tried resetting the lua code, repairing DCS and reinstalling VAICOM.

kbproblem.jpg.04fd39fec1c8bca8ca60c0b6f7acdff1.jpg

It worked fine initially however when I now open it, all I get is the header backdrop but no bookmark and the background is the metal back plate in VR (non-VR the board is transparent) and it seems to be non interactive.

Not sure what I did or what changed. So far I've tried resetting the lua code, repairing DCS and reinstalling VAICOM.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":7138660}[/ATTACH]

Same happend to me today. After just Command ATC it switched to the right tab and was visible normally.

But Now I have the second problem with dictation in the Notes tab. Now I can not dictate anything, it just do not react. With Start Dictate it switches to listining mode, but nothing happens.

strange behavior at the moment.

so how should I repair the Vaicom install. Exact steps would be nice, as I am relative new to DCS.

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

Could there be a clickable mini keyboard added in the future for manual note entries? Would be useful for live players acting as JTAC as I'm sure it won't automatically log in their 9-lines

This is also useful in some third party campaigns, where vital information is passed via custom radio messages. In my case data input via real keyboard would be sufficient. I have no need for a virtual keyboard. But I think it wouldn't harm :-)

• Like 1

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

Somehow I cannot switch Tabs on the kneeboard. I can easily bring up the kneeboard by saying "kneeboard". "Show Log" works for the Log page and "Show Notes" for the Note page.

Whenever I say "Show JTAC", "Show ATC" etc. nothing happens.

You need to say JTAC....page , Air Traffic Contol.....page etc.

Note that AOCS is Crystal Palace and Ref is Chief

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Same happend to me today. After just Command ATC it switched to the right tab and was visible normally.

Thank you. Unfortunately this does nothing for me - VAICOM does recognize the command (e.g. [Flip to Notes tab] in the debug info) however the kneeboard does not switch and stays emtpy/INOP.

I'm currently having a blast with the Raven One Campaign, but none of the scripted radio calls nor mission brief shows up in the Interactive Kneeboard, now i know BD has made some terrific kneeboards anyway, but i wonder if the radio calls and briefing could be included ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

But Now I have the second problem with dictation in the Notes tab. Now I can not dictate anything, it just do not react. With Start Dictate it switches to listining mode, but nothing happens.

strange behavior at the moment.

so how should I repair the Vaicom install. Exact steps would be nice, as I am relative new to DCS.

Very strange Behavior at the moment. I did not change anything in the setup, and suddenly the dictation feature is working again.

I just flew with the F18 and everything normal. Could be, that the problems was with an other module. Will Check this later.

Very strange Behavior at the moment. I did not change anything in the setup, and suddenly the dictation feature is working again.

I just flew with the F18 and everything normal. Could be, that the problems was with an other module. Will Check this later.

Works again in all modules I own. Very strange. Sometimes DCS and their addons behave as they like. Did not change or reinstall anything.

However, it is working, and I like the Vaicom Addon with all of it modules very much. Keep up the good work !!

Hi!!

Nice work!!

A few errors:

1. When I said "Start Dictate" in Note tab, I can't end dictate...

2. Just after that, the listening keep on (I configured my hotas to suspend the listening after release the bottom)

and this error appear when I insist to end dictate: PTT: use an active TX node

If I am not activate the dictate, everything is ok.

Thanks!

The video:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Somehow I cannot switch Tabs on the kneeboard. I can easily bring up the kneeboard by saying "kneeboard". "Show Log" works for the Log page and "Show Notes" for the Note page.

Whenever I say "Show JTAC", "Show ATC" etc. nothing happens.

The only one I can't call up is the ATC page, which would be damn useful when talking to a carrier...

To clarify: I can call ATC/Traffic/Tower and it gets recognized ok from VAICOM, just it does not "flip" to the ATC kneeboard page...

The only one I can't call up is the ATC page, which would be damn useful when talking to a carrier...

Have you tried using the ATC callsign (e.g. Batumi....page)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

You need to say JTAC....page , Air Traffic Contol.....page etc.

Note that AOCS is Crystal Palace and Ref is Chief

Thank you so much. Worked like a charm.

Beside that. Does anyone know, how I can combine the Vaicom Kneeboard with custom kneeboard pages? For example the Cas I / II / III Recovery grafics and stuff?

Thank you so much. Worked like a charm.

Beside that. Does anyone know, how I can combine the Vaicom Kneeboard with custom kneeboard pages? For example the Cas I / II / III Recovery grafics and stuff?

You are still having your other dcs kneeboard pages....

No problem

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

So the Vaicom Kneeboard ist just a simple Kneeboard page? Thats cool.

Yes, just use the keys you have mapped in DCS for navigating the between Vaicom's page and the others in the kneeboard

So the Vaicom Kneeboard ist just a simple Kneeboard page? Thats cool.

Yes as hornblower has already pointed out if you want to manually switch between custom kneeboard pages and the Interactive remember to switch off the autobrowse in the EX tab in the Vaicom pop up menu, or the kneeboard will snap to it anytime it has new information written to it

As I remember the usual order of pages, using Caucasus as an example, is the DCS airfield charts, the DCS coloured maps, aircraft specific info that's been added by the module, the Interactive Kneeboard then your custom pages.

I made some paging commands in my profiles that select specific pages on voice request, Bailey has the same in his profiles. I improved mine by getting it to page backwards and forwards to any specific page, however it needs to know the total pages in your kneeboard and also needs resetting at the begining of every spawn in order that VA can synch with the game.

FWIIW I got it working again:

I discovered that repairing DCS with the file removal option does not remove the files in DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\VAICOMPRO.

So I manually removed that folder and restarted VA to recreate it and that seems to have fixed the kneeboard.

FWIIW I got it working again:

I discovered that repairing DCS with the file removal option does not remove the files in DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\VAICOMPRO.

So I manually removed that folder and restarted VA to recreate it and that seems to have fixed the kneeboard.

yes think kinda temporarily fixes my issue as well, for a couple of calls. Then the kneeboard starts acting all strange again. Either sends random keypresses, crashes VAICOM/VoiceAttack and stops showing the ATC page completely.

yes think kinda temporarily fixes my issue as well, for a couple of calls. Then the kneeboard starts acting all strange again. Either sends random keypresses, crashes VAICOM/VoiceAttack and stops showing the ATC page completely.

Yeah. This thing is completely broke for me. I can get it to work for like 5 minutes and then it completely stops recognizing any of my voice commands to switch pages. I've tried them all and it just beeps and ignores me after that.