Interactive Kneeboard Extension

Hollywood_315

Yeah. This thing is completely broke for me. I can get it to work for like 5 minutes and then it completely stops recognizing any of my voice commands to switch pages. I've tried them all and it just beeps and ignores me after that.

Train your speech engine again or adjust the name so the speech engine can recognize it easier.

Train your speech engine again or adjust the name so the speech engine can recognize it easier.

I've tried that, but that doesn't explain why it works when I delete the vaicom export file initially and then just beeps after several minutes of use. There is something else happening under the hood, but I can't figure it out.

Does the rest of Vaicom carry on working normally?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Does the rest of Vaicom carry on working normally?

yes. The rest of my commands are recognized flawlessly! I seem to have it "mostly" working by only using the following commands to switch tabs: "JTAC,..Page", "ATC,..Page", "Darkstar,..Page", "Batumi,..Page", "Crew,..Page" If i use those commands (per Hollywood's Post) I get it recognized about 50% of the time. I still get the beeps with no page or beeps with the kneeboard closing 50% of the time as well.

yes. The rest of my commands are recognized flawlessly! I seem to have it "mostly" working by only using the following commands to switch tabs: "JTAC,..Page", "ATC,..Page", "Darkstar,..Page", "Batumi,..Page", "Crew,..Page" If i use those commands (per Hollywood's Post) I get it recognized about 50% of the time. I still get the beeps with no page or beeps with the kneeboard closing 50% of the time as well.

Same here, just the ATC/Traffic/Tower...page command does not want to work sometimes. Other times it will hang my whole VAICOM and I have to restart voiceattack to fix it.

Just a point if your having trouble calling up the tabs, if you're using VSPX I don't think it works properly Hollywood has pointed this out a few times

You can add your own commands to go to a tab using the Execute external Plug In command in Voice Attack and add these to the VA profile which Vaicom uses.

It's in the manual how to do this and it's pretty easy. I'm using my own calls for the tabs as I have VSPX running. It enables me to go to a selected tab or page up or down across them and it works a charm for me

Just a point if your having trouble calling up the tabs, if you're using VSPX I don't think it works properly Hollywood has pointed this out a few times

You can add your own commands to go to a tab using the Execute external Plug In command in Voice Attack and add these to the VA profile which Vaicom uses.

It's in the manual how to do this and it's pretty easy. I'm using my own calls for the tabs as I have VSPX running. It enables me to go to a selected tab or page up or down across them and it works a charm for me

not using VSPX and honestly I didn't have the time, yet, to go and find a fix or workaround for something that should work OOB... however, thanks for the pointer, I'll have a look at using the plugin as you were suggesting.

Ok page 46 of the manual explains the VA commands you can add to the Vaicom profile to force the tabs from there.

If you have the AutoBrowse enabled in the EX tab of the Vaicom pop up window it will then jump to the interactive kneeboard and the relevant tab called for

I'm ass-uming you updated the keywords profile as you need that to do that to get it to work automatically without adding extra commands.

When it isn't recognized is the command showing as recognized in the VA window?

You could also try dropping a line to support at the Vaicom website explaining the problem, they have always been helpful in my experience

Ok page 46 of the manual explains the VA commands you can add to the Vaicom profile to force the tabs from there.

If you have the AutoBrowse enabled in the EX tab of the Vaicom pop up window it will then jump to the interactive kneeboard and the relevant tab called for

I'm ass-uming you updated the keywords profile as you need that to do that to get it to work automatically without adding extra commands.

When it isn't recognized is the command showing as recognized in the VA window?

You could also try dropping a line to support at the Vaicom website explaining the problem, they have always been helpful in my experience

I'll try to do that. The issue is it's never been completely repeatable. Sometimes it works, sometimes when I call ATC...page it closes my kneeboard, sometimes it just beeps and recognizes the command but does nothing, other times messes up VoiceAttack entirely and starts generating random keystrokes etc. Or freezes voiceattack and I have to restart it.

So really, seems broken in a way that is beyond my understanding. I simply don't know what to report, other than this and the fact that I am not the only one with this type of issue tells me something somewhere is broken, software side, not user side.

I'll try to do that. The issue is it's never been completely repeatable. Sometimes it works, sometimes when I call ATC...page it closes my kneeboard, sometimes it just beeps and recognizes the command but does nothing, other times messes up VoiceAttack entirely and starts generating random keystrokes etc. Or freezes voiceattack and I have to restart it.

So really, seems broken in a way that is beyond my understanding. I simply don't know what to report, other than this and the fact that I am not the only one with this type of issue tells me something somewhere is broken, software side, not user side.

@SPAS79 what is your hardware / software setup (i.e. what other software do you have running at the same time)? Also, are there any issues appearing in the log file (if you don't have debug on in Vaicom try enabling this and see if it gives any clues) if you open it after a crash? The log can be found at <VoiceAttack install directory>\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Logs

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

The plugin doesn't send any keystrokes so it looks like your problem lies somewhere outside.

In any case nothing like this has been reproducible.

Suggest to start with a full DCS Repair, disable all mods.

Use Reset tab to reset keywords database and enable Debug Mode.

Then import a fresh VAICOM PRO .vap profile in VA (using Config tab/Export button and import in VA, FINISH steps) and try again.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

The plugin doesn't send any keystrokes so it looks like your problem lies somewhere outside.

In any case nothing like this has been reproducible.

Suggest to start with a full DCS Repair, disable all mods.

Use Reset tab to reset keywords database and enable Debug Mode.

Then import a fresh VAICOM PRO .vap profile in VA (using Config tab/Export button and import in VA, FINISH steps) and try again.

Thanks!

I'm going to try, test for a while and report back.

Well I have done all instructed, repaired, cleaned, no mods, the whole nine yards. Bottom line is: it works for a couple of calls after a reset, then stops. That's the only one that acts like that. Initially I thought it was tied to the the import of the new keywords in the database: nope, it stops working even if I DON'T import the keywords.

Then I thought it might have been due to the "auto browse" function, so I turned it off: nope, issue is still there.

The feature works for a couple of minutes after I restart voiceattack, then stops working, if I restart VA it'll work, for a couple of minutes, the die again.

Also, the KNEE dim control in the EX pane does nothing anymore?

IDK what else I would be supposed to do. To me, that particular function, (which would be very useful with the amount of data carriers dump on you) is broken.

I recently purchased and set up the Kneeboard. But for some reason when I open it (via voice or other means) the sticky is on the wrong page and it opens to the wrong page. it should be opening to the page with all the tabs if I'm not incorrect. and another thing I noticed is after I manually cycle to the correct page and say the command (like show notes) it boots me back to the sticky, that once again is on the wrong page, any way to fix it?

I recently purchased and set up the Kneeboard. But for some reason when I open it (via voice or other means) the sticky is on the wrong page and it opens to the wrong page. it should be opening to the page with all the tabs if I'm not incorrect. and another thing I noticed is after I manually cycle to the correct page and say the command (like show notes) it boots me back to the sticky, that once again is on the wrong page, any way to fix it?

The best thing to do is to contact @Hollywood_315 directly, either by sending him a private message on these forums (click on his name and you should be taken to his profile page where there is a Private Message button) or to e-mail support@vaicompro.com.

To help diagnose:

Do you use the standard DCS kneeboard, or have you built a custom one using Kneeboard builder or similar?

Which airframe(s) have you tried this with and in what types of missions?

• Like 1

Thanks for the new feature with clickable buttons to move forward and back to the other kneeboard Pages. Are there build in voice commands like page forward and page back already included, or shall we just so some custom commands on our own ?

like it very much ! Keep up the good work ! :)

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

The buttons at the bottom left of the kneeboard are a new DCS feature along with the ability to resize the kneeboard. They came in the OB update on Wednesday

However, I like it :)

so I will just make some custom voice commands then.

Thanks for the info.

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

Thanks all for the generous comments :thumbup:

Regarding additional feature requests we can't make any commitments at this time but do keep 'em coming - your user feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers

ok, so here it goes :D :

o another tab logging all radio messages word by word (not abbreviated), and also all mission text messages. this would not only allow going back to any previously given information, but also help catching text-only messages one would otherwise miss with the option HIDE ON-SCREEN TEXT selected.

​​​o the voice command list (right side of kneeboard) comes in very handy, but i haven't figured out the sorting criteria yet. it would be superb, if this list could show only contextually relevant voice commands.

again, super great addition to VAICOM! and i hope the suggested features would make it maybe even better.

cheers

hilok

Is there a way to just make the tabs at the top of the kneeboard clickable rather than using the voice commands to switch pages?

Not at the moment, and I suspect it might be difficult to do as this is now the area where DCS looks for drag commands to move the kneepad around.

You can assign keys / hotas commands to move and this is on page 46 of the manual

hi guys,

After carring some tests, some words are not working.

If I say "Anvil" - 1:00:27.299 Recognized : 'anvil' (Confidence 93)

nothing happens

If I say "Tower" - 1:02:04.941 Recognized : 'tower' (Confidence 95)

notinhg happens

am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

got it worked! "Show Anvil Page...etc"

On 11/7/2020 at 12:06 AM, hornblower793 said:

Are the Show commands in the VA list of commands (the pencil icon next to the profile name in the VA main screen and not the VAICOM config list)? It sounds like they are not in there. If not, then you need to go into VAICOM config, hit the FINISH button on the Editor tab and follow the instructions

The instructions are ambiguous and do not work for me in that Ctl A deletes EVERYTHING for spoken commands and Ctl V pastes nothing.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.