Using Ultra-wide VR in DCS

Murdok123

You'll find several Pimax threads here

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=497

Or do a forum search for Pimax .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I've been using Pimax 5k+ with 180° horizontal FoV. In practice I've been using 150° setting to increase performance. It was outstanding, incomparably better than flat screen and most VR headsets.

After all I sold Pimax when I bought HP Reverb - Reverb clarity is a lot better, somewhere between Full HD and 2K flat screen, if it's even possible to compare VR with flat screen. Even tiniest most worn out text in F-14 cockpit is perfectly readable.

In short big, real life FoV of Pimax is great to have, but clarity of Reverb is even more important. There is a new Pimax 8KX, some guys are using it already and it's FoV of Pimax + clarity of Reverb. A holy grail of VR.

Here is some in depth review of a guy using it in DCS:

I've been using Pimax 5k+ with 180° horizontal FoV. In practice I've been using 150° setting to increase performance. It was outstanding, incomparably better than flat screen and most VR headsets.

After all I sold Pimax when I bought HP Reverb - Reverb clarity is a lot better, somewhere between Full HD and 2K flat screen, if it's even possible to compare VR with flat screen. Even tiniest most worn out text in F-14 cockpit is perfectly readable.

In short big, real life FoV of Pimax is great to have, but clarity of Reverb is even more important. There is a new Pimax 8KX, some guys are using it already and it's FoV of Pimax + clarity of Reverb. A holy grail of VR.

Here is some in depth review of a guy using it in DCS:

I'm holding out for the Xtal to drop in price to under $1000. ;)

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I'm holding out for the Xtal to drop in price to under $1000. ;)
I tested both the 8kx and Xtal at CES in Vegas. The 8kx definitely better than the Xtal. Xtal had amazingly clear lenses but there were really bad viewing issues - best way I can describe is like when you're looking around in zoom view and everything is distorted, not to that extreme but that same kind of unnatural feel. I did talk to the developer about it, and he is aware and said they are working on improving that. At the time of my visit, their pricing was almost $8k. I asked them if any chance of getting down to the $5k range - they scoffed at that suggestion. So don't expect your $1k dream to ever materialize. But I wouldn't worry about that as the pimax 8kx was a much better experience anyway.

*Tested only DCS

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk