Rudder Pedals with Warthog

DevPreach

Hi All,

I'm looking to be buying a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS soon and I know that unlike my Logitech X56 it doesn't have the twist function on the stick for the rudder control. So what pedals do you all recommend or what other control do you all use for your rudders? I know that the X56 is still a decent HOTAS system but I have some money from a lawsuit settlement that I have to spend by mid-September or I lose it. With this money I'm also planning on getting a VR setup as well as several other things. Any recommendations for rudder pedals would be greatly appreciated.

Devpreach

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X OC'd to 4.4 GHz on all 8 Cores, Asus ROG STRIX GAMING-E MOBO, 3XWD Blue 500GB SSD, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB PCIE SSD, Seagate 4TB 7200RPM HDD, GIGABYTE AORUS AMD RADEON RX VEGA 56 Graphics Card, EVGA G2 SUPERNOVA 1000W PSU, THERMALTAKE VIEW 71 TG CASE, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS

i got these

https://mfg-sim.com/en/3-rudder-pedals

i like them had it for 4 years now its held up well only sign of age is some tarnish on the spring and had to tighten some screws that work them self louse over the years still runs smooth

when i orders mine i had to wait 3 mounts but worth the wait IMO, im not sure what the wait time is now

things to note

get the other cams in your order in case you want to change the center detente feel

use the calibration software the comes with the pedals not windows calibration

I have the TM TPR rudder pedals and despite the price, i'm very happy with them. The only significant issue IMO is, that these are not suited for under a desk use due to the pendular system and the angle of the pedals. I used them under a desk for like 6 months and it was a pain, absolutely not recommended. Now that i have them installed in a simrig with very low seat height, they're a dream to use. The springs are a bit soft, but they can easily be reinforced with a few rubber bands. A cheap and very effective mod i learned about here in the forum. Own them for about 2 years now and no issues so far.

Cheers

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

i got these

https://mfg-sim.com/en/3-rudder-pedals

i like them had it for 4 years now its held up well only sign of age is some tarnish on the spring and had to tighten some screws that work them self louse over the years still runs smooth

when i orders mine i had to wait 3 mounts but worth the wait IMO, im not sure what the wait time is now

things to note

get the other cams in your order in case you want to change the center detente feel

use the calibration software the comes with the pedals not windows calibration

+100

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

For under the desk use I highly recommend the VKB rudder pedals. I had the TPR and MFG pedals but the VKB are much better for under the desk use.

If you build a simrig, I recommend the TPR pedals.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

For under the desk use I highly recommend the VKB rudder pedals. I had the TPR and MFG pedals but the VKB are much better for under the desk use.

If you build a simrig, I recommend the TPR pedals.

Nope, fantastic for helicopters but that's about it

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I think it also depends on what you fly.

For helicopters, the VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV is perfect. They also work well for WW I sims like Flying Circus Vol. 1 where the aircraft have no brakes. They aren't optimum for WW II and Modern aircraft with toe brakes, although the VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV does have the option to use virtual toes brakes via a software key bind to a joystick button.

The Thrustmaster TPR pedals look like a viable option. I would talk to some TPR users regarding seating, under desk clearance and ergonomics since I've read of ergonomic issues related to the TPR configuration.

MFG Crosswinds seem to be the go to standard for pedals due to their price point. Dollar for dollar, they're hard to beat and my friends vouch for their excellent build quality.

Then there is the Slaw Device if you have that kind of money available.

I think it also depends on what you fly.

For helicopters, the VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV is perfect. They also work well for WW I sims like Flying Circus Vol. 1 where the aircraft have no brakes. They aren't optimum for WW II and Modern aircraft with toe brakes, although the VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV does have the option to use virtual toes brakes via a software key bind to a joystick button.

The Thrustmaster TPR pedals look like a viable option. I would talk to some TPR users regarding seating, under desk clearance and ergonomics since I've read of ergonomic issues related to the TPR configuration.

MFG Crosswinds seem to be the go to standard for pedals due to their price point. Dollar for dollar, they're hard to beat and my friends vouch for their excellent build quality.

Then there is the Slaw Device if you have that kind of money available.

Aren't the Slaw and TM TPR the same price ($500)?

Buzz

I recently ordered a set of Slaw Device RF Dora V2 pedals and the price is 395 Euro. The Slaw Device RX Viper V2 pedals would be 435 Euro. I didn't realize that the Thrustmaster TPR MSRP was $ 500.00.

Edited by US103_Waddell
Edited to reflect cost of the pedals only.

I recently ordered a set of Slaw Device RF Dora V2 pedals and the full up price including shipping and the 5% PayPal fee is $ 600.00. The Slaw Device RX Viper V2 pedals would be $ 650.00 including shipping and the 5% PayPal fee. I didn't realize that the Thrustmaster TPR MSRP was $ 500.00.

I often see when the cost of our pedals, including shipping, is compared with the cost of pedals from other manufacturers without shipping. Shipping of 10 kg ranges from 10 (Poland) to 110 euros (Australia). And this cost does not depend on us and is not our profit. The same as VAT, which is mandatory only for the European Union, with the exception of companies that have a valid Euro VAT number (for such companies and for non-EU citizens, VAT is = 0%).

Dora pedals cost 395 euros excluding VAT + shipping. Just wondering when did you order our Dora pedals?

Edited by Slaw

My apologies Wiaczeslaw, it was not my intention to inflate the cost of your pedals by including the shipping cost and PayPal fee. I was responding to another member's inquiry and included the additional costs. Again, I apologize.

To set the record straight, the RF Dora V2 pedals are 395 Euro and the RX Viper V2 pedals are 435 Euro.

I submitted my order on July 18. I can PM you if you would like additional information.

I edited the cost of your pedals in my original post to reflect the cost of the pedals themselves.

Edited by US103_Waddell

You have nothing to apologize for.

I just thought that you ordered pedals from such a seller. https://www.ruten.com.tw/item/show?22015417639819

I have nothing to do with this. Moreover, we did not supply Dora pedals to Taiwan (there were several deliveries of Viper pedals, which are also sold in this store for almost 750 euros)

Here the pedals cost almost 700 euros.

And I would not want such sellers to deceive the buyers of our pedals.

I recently ordered a set of Slaw Device RF Dora V2 pedals and the price is 395 Euro. The Slaw Device RX Viper V2 pedals would be 435 Euro. I didn't realize that the Thrustmaster TPR MSRP was $ 500.00.

I believe they always were. I bought them when they first came out and paid $500 from Dell. I've never seen much of a discount on them but I suppose they were somewhere.

Buzz