Create Fast Mission Error

Gökhan

Hi. Here's the right path for open beta: C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\options.lua.

If your file is right where it should be, then maybe it's damaged. Please backup your options.lua and try the default file, attached to this post. Does the game still complain with it?

options.lua

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi Flappie,

Thanks for the default options.lua file. Unfortunately, it did not work. One more thing is that the message has a strange detail.

C:\Users\Gökhan\Saved Games\DCS\\Config\options.lua not found.

As you can see, there are double \\ before config folder. Is that normal?

That's probably the error we were looking for, yes. I've tried to reach my own Config folder by giving Windows explorer the same wrong path and it fails because of the double antislash.

Now we have to find where this \ comes from.

Hi Flappie,

Thanks for the suggestions. I indeed ran cleanup and repair before consulting you guys. It did not bring up any solution.

I need to find the file that is looking for this wrong path for the option.lua and correct the // to /

Take care,

Here's a test I've just done:

1. I rename options.lua into some other name

2. I start the game (I need to enter my login and I get the default settings and default screen definition)

3. I rename the newly created options.lua into some other name

4. I try to create a fast mission: DCS doesn't say anything about missing options.lua file, but instantly goes back to its main menu.

I really don't know how you get the error message abot options.lua...

• 1 month later...
Hello,

When I try to create a standard fast mission, I get the message that options.lua is missing where is should be yet when I check the location I can see the actual file.

Does anyone have a clue what might it be?

I have exactly the same problem. When I try to create a fast mission (or any kind of missions) I get the same error message. Options.lua is missing.

Are there any answers to this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine is in the same situation. I couldn't find a solution (nor this thread in forum search tool). Maybe some mod wants to combine threads.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=289169

And BTW, yeah, in addition to what I already said in my post, the repair was also tried and everything but nothing changed.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Interesting. I tried to reproduce the steps in order to compare our log files. I chose the settings in your screenshot, and... my OpenBeta DCS froze. I had to kill it.

Here are the latest lines of my log:

2021-04-14 19:27:48.514 INFO    LUA-MISSIONGENERATOR: 		blueTemplates: "Blue Offensive - Large 2"
2021-04-14 19:27:48.514 INFO    LUA-MISSIONGENERATOR: 		blueTemplates: "Blue Offensive - Large 1"
2021-04-14 19:27:48.514 INFO    LUA-MISSIONGENERATOR: 		blueTemplates: "Blue Defensive - Large 1"
2021-04-14 19:27:51.507 DEBUG   LuaGUI: --onMisGenEvent--	2	0	copy data tables
2021-04-14 19:27:51.507 DEBUG   LuaGUI: percent: 0 - copy data tables
2021-04-14 19:27:51.507 DEBUG   LuaGUI: --onMisGenEvent--	0	0	
2021-04-14 19:27:51.507 DEBUG   LuaGUI: Mission Generator: start thread
2021-04-14 19:27:51.508 INFO    Dispatcher: load terrain from ./Mods/terrains/PersianGulf\terrain.cfg.lua
2021-04-14 19:27:51.513 DEBUG   LuaGUI: --onMisGenEvent--	2	1	Load Terrain and terrain dependend data
2021-04-14 19:27:51.513 DEBUG   LuaGUI: percent: 1 - Load Terrain and terrain dependend data
2021-04-14 19:27:51.520 INFO    SECURITYCONTROL: Loaded mods/terrains/persiangulf/terrain.cfg.lua.pak.crypt
2021-04-14 19:27:51.521 INFO    TERRAIN: lSystem::load(./Mods/terrains/PersianGulf\terrain.cfg.lua)
2021-04-14 19:27:51.521 INFO    TERRAIN: lSystem::openSession(./Mods/terrains/PersianGulf\terrain.cfg.lua)
2021-04-14 19:27:51.521 INFO    TERRAIN: lSystem::exit()
2021-04-14 19:27:51.521 INFO    VISUALIZER: TerrainRenderer::release
2021-04-14 19:27:51.521 WARNING LOG: 1 duplicate message(s) skipped.
2021-04-14 19:27:51.521 INFO    TERRAIN: lSystem::CleanScenes()
2021-04-14 19:27:51.521 INFO    EDOBJECTS: lTypeObjectManagerImpl::clear 13

But I can't reproduce this crash. 😐

Edited by Flappie

@Hawk331I can't see your error message in your log. It's hard to know where the issue happens in the log. The only weird things I see in your logs don't seem related to the issue:

Weird device name:

2021-04-14 16:49:58.352 INFO    DCS: Device plugged: \\?\USB#VID_044F&PID_0402#6&39e6741b&0&3#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}

Logbook error:

2021-04-14 18:01:37.457 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error onShowMainInterface:[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_logbook.lua"]:1118: attempt to index local 'unitTarget' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [C]: ?
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_logbook.lua"]:1118: in function 'updateUserStatistics'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:359: in function 'updateStatistic'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:396: in function 'show'
    [string "./MissionEditor/MissionEditor.lua"]:627: in function 'openReturnScreen'
    [string "./MissionEditor/MissionEditor.lua"]:702: in function <[string "./MissionEditor/MissionEditor.lua"]:696>.

Thank you for trying to help, @Flappie. I mean it is not game breaking or anything. I can live with it. I will keep on trying trhings to fix it. I can tell you renaming the folder to back up so DCS create a new one didn't work for me. Maybe. it is my spanish user name with a strange character causing the issue.

2 hours ago, Hawk331 said:

Maybe. it is my spanish user name with a strange character causing the issue.

That's a very interesting lead, because :

Gökhan has the issue (C:\Users\Gökhan\Saved Games\DCS\\Config\options.lua not found.)

@Ala13_ManOWar lives in Spain (seen in his profile)

@cthulhu68obviously comes from another world (see his kickname and profile)

Guys, can you please confirm you have non-English/accentuated/"weird" characters in your Windows login?

Edited by Flappie
  • Thanks 1

I'll find out. I don't remember he has any weird character in the name, but worth the shot. Also, I believe he probably uses Spanish GUI, just in case it might be related also.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice