[CAN'T REPRODUCE] mission 2 - smoke immediately lands after takeoff

dorianR666

Make sure to wait for Smoke to take off first and then rejoin on him after some time as per briefing. You have to enter into close formation with him and you will get space bar prompt to continue.

he did take off first. i missed the catapult a bit, right as he was taking off, and i had to turn around, which cost me about one minute of time. when i took off, i looked for him and saw him landing for some reason.

is him landing shortly after take off scripted by you based on some condition? or is this just another dcs ai quirk?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

The Smoke that takes off despawns and the mission-ready one spawns once he reaches certain point. So he should in theory continue on the straight path... I'll check what is going on there, but I suspect an AI quirk here, as others passed this mission (and unfortunately these WILL be happening throughout the campaign).

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey I just checked this one in different configurations - can't reproduce. If I don't take off, Smoke orbits around the carrier waiting for me to get airborne. If I do take off first, he simply starts following. Even if I spawn after he gets the "follow" command, he still obeys his orders. Sorry, can't help here...

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png