Solution: How to fix stuttering in the Syria map.

Hyundae

Set the "terrain textures" to low in the graphics options.

In most cases, the problem is solved.

The Syria map, unlike other maps, consumes a lot of resource memory.

In my case, the Gulf map used 11G while the Syria map used 23G of resource memory, and when the terrain textures was set to low,

it was reduced to 13.5G, and I was able to play smoothly. Single play & No AI

Considering the low-medium PC users, the Syria map seems to need optimization.

My PC:

Intel I5 4570 3.2G

DDR3 32G ram

Geforce RTX2060 Graphic card

SSD 500G

Edited by Hyundae
  • Thanks 1

Limit your preload radius to no more than 50%

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

The team is looking at more optimisation for Syria,

the sweet spot for GPU Ram (VRAM) seems to be 6.8GB, the team are looking into reducing that.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Setting terrain textures to low, preload radius to 50%, resolution to 1080 and well, turning down a lot of other stuff as well...THAT made Syria work for me, without any single stutter.

i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (4 cores, 8 logical processors)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

32GB RAM

Samsung 1TB SSD for OS

Samsung 500GB SSD for recording

Samsung 4TB SSD for sims

• Like 1

+1 on the above.

Pre-load at 45% and textures to low and runs great in VR

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

+1 to terrain textures to low

It boosts performance a bit and I haven't noticed any difference in visuals

(only play VR and specs in signature)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I have had some success setting terrain shadows to flat instead of default.

That reduced stuttering a lot.

I have not tried reducing terrain textures yet.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

32 Gbs of RAM and 11 Gbs of VRAM (1080 Ti)and I'm still stuttering online on this map. I set the textures to medium and it still stutters while Persian Gulf flows beautifully at maximum settings.

This map badly needs optimization.

+1 needs optimised more

8700K @ 4.8GHz + 64G of RAM + 1080TI with 11G of video RAM

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

The team is looking at more optimisation for Syria,

the sweet spot for GPU Ram (VRAM) seems to be 6.8GB, the team are looking into reducing that.

thanks

Hi,

is this common DCS developers rule to target VRAM to cca 7GB VRAM?

If yes, it should be taken it into account when upgrading GPU, especially regarding new nVidia gpus spec.

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

I had a strange stuttering issue the other day after moving around a bunch of units. The mission was so bad I had to force quit DCS. I suspected a really bad path-finding issue caused the problem. I went into the ME and cleared up all the way-points, and the mission was playable again. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today I bought the Syria terrain and I think it looks Lovely. It mixes all the best values of Persia, Nevada and finally Caucasus maps. :thumbup:

ED, please do something to get rid of this bloody stuttering and low performance

:helpsmilie: :)

• Like 1

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Link is pointigt to DCS user files page. No settings or I am blind

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Yep, I know I've not got a very powerful pc by today's standards (i7-6700k, 16bg ram, gtx970) and I know the syria map is pretty beautiful but this map is absolutely unplayable for me with all the stutters while the persian gulf runs flawlessly. It's really not an fps issue I think, just the stutters...

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?