DCS-Presence

Today I present to you something nobody asked for:

DCS-Presence integrates Discord Rich Presence into DCS World. Information like what aircraft you are flying, what map you're on and the mission you're in can be displayed in your Discord status, allowing your friends to see what you're up to before they even start their game.

I've been working on this with this with my colleague Jaffa over the last few months and we certainly hope that you will have a smooth experience out of the box. That being said, this is the first time the mod is released to a larger audience, so unforeseen issues may occur in regards to differences in people's setups.

We would appreciate any feedback on issues you may find as well as any suggestions for improvements you may have.

Download DCS-Presence from the DCS User Files: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311970/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

• 1 month later...

hi there how to instal this i dropped 2 folders into saved games but my discord status show usual DCS world im running openbeta

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

hi there how to instal this i dropped 2 folders into saved games but my discord status show usual DCS world im running openbeta

Is DCS-Presence showing up in your DCS main menu?

Also, please attach your dcs.log

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Join the TTI Discord

Is DCS-Presence showing up in your DCS main menu?

Also, please attach your dcs.log

Yes its showing up

dcs.log

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

Do you happen to be running either DCS or Discord as Administrator?

Yes both

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

Yes both

one last thing i can think of, discord needs to be running *before* you start dcs. other than that I'm sort of out of ideas to be perfectly honest. the log indicates that the plugin loaded correctly and I'm really not sure what prevents it from working :/

Join the TTI Discord

• 5 weeks later...

@M16A3NoRecoilHax I love DCS Presence, but I noticed that 0.1.0 causes a CTD when trying to join a Tomcat as RIO in multiplayer. This has happened repeatedly on separate occasions, and removing DCS-Presence fixed the issue.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you test a fix for this.

EDIT: I did not test jumping in as a pilot and having someone else join as RIO.

• 3 weeks later...
@M16A3NoRecoilHax I love DCS Presence, but I noticed that 0.1.0 causes a CTD when trying to join a Tomcat as RIO in multiplayer. This has happened repeatedly on separate occasions, and removing DCS-Presence fixed the issue.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you test a fix for this.

EDIT: I did not test jumping in as a pilot and having someone else join as RIO.

Hey man, sorry for the late response, but it does indeed look like there is an issue with the RIO slots. I will try to identify the source of the problem and hopefully find a fix.

Join the TTI Discord

DCS-Presence 0.2.1 is out!

Get it here!

Main changes:

+ Added Support for F-14A

+ Added Support for Anubis' C-130

* Fixed crash when joining multicrew slots

Join the TTI Discord

• 3 weeks later...

DCS-Presence 0.2.2 is out!

Get it here!

Main changes:
+ Added Support for P-47D-30 (Early) and P-47D-40

* Fixed plugin not loading after 2.5.6.59398 update

Edited by M16A3NoRecoilHax

Join the TTI Discord

On 12/1/2020 at 10:43 AM, Weegie said:

Sounds interesting could I enquire how it extracts this data.

Another form member was wanting to automate Vaicom to auto select a profile but no exposed vairiable currently exists, this program is obviously able to do that.

Sorry for the late reply, all the data is obtained via the various functions of either the Network API or the Export API. What specific data are you looking for?

Join the TTI Discord

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 9:21 PM, M16A3NoRecoilHax said:

Sorry for the late reply, all the data is obtained via the various functions of either the Network API or the Export API. What specific data are you looking for?

Me too I could not remember for the life of me what data it was

However I found it another thread, what I'm interested in is how does DCS presence know which module to select.

I'm loking for a way to automate Vaicom to select a particular module and although this could posssibly be implemeted via a Vaicom exposed vairiable, so far I'm at a dead end, so I'd be interested to see how you execute it, if you would be so kind

Apologies for the VERY slow reply

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 11:00 AM, Weegie said:

Me too I could not remember for the life of me what data it was

However I found it another thread, what I'm interested in is how does DCS presence know which module to select.

I'm loking for a way to automate Vaicom to select a particular module and although this could posssibly be implemeted via a Vaicom exposed vairiable, so far I'm at a dead end, so I'd be interested to see how you execute it, if you would be so kind

Apologies for the VERY slow reply

Again apologies for the slow reply, I only just realized that the new forum had disabled my email notifications. You can either get your current aircraft via the "Name" variable in the table returned by Export.LoGetSelfData() (note this needs OwnShipExportAllowed to be on if you're in MP). Otherwise in MP you can call id = net.get_my_player_id() to get your own player id, then use side, slot = net.get_slot(id) to get your own slot id. Then you can use DCS.getUnitType(slot) to get the unit type of the slot (aka the Module). So I would recommend using the Export route for SP and the net. route for MP.

Join the TTI Discord

9 hours ago, M16A3NoRecoilHax said:

Again apologies for the slow reply, I only just realized that the new forum had disabled my email notifications. You can either get your current aircraft via the "Name" variable in the table returned by Export.LoGetSelfData() (note this needs OwnShipExportAllowed to be on if you're in MP). Otherwise in MP you can call id = net.get_my_player_id() to get your own player id, then use side, slot = net.get_slot(id) to get your own slot id. Then you can use DCS.getUnitType(slot) to get the unit type of the slot (aka the Module). So I would recommend using the Export route for SP and the net. route for MP.

Thank you very much I'll give that a try and see if I can figure it all out and get it to work

Very much appreciated

• 3 months later...

DCS-Presence 1.0.0 is out!

Get it here!

Main changes:
+ Added Support for VNAO T-45C

+ Added Support for CAM Cessna P210N

+ Added experimental option to display name of current server (opt-in via Special Options)

Edited by M16A3NoRecoilHax
  • Like 1

Join the TTI Discord

• 1 month later...

DCS-Presence 1.0.1 is out!

Get it here!

Main changes:
+ Added Support for Mariana Islands

+ Added Support for Mi-24P

(known issue: Mi-24P icon may not properly show in status, should be fixed shortly)

• Like 2

Join the TTI Discord

• 9 months later...
10 hours ago, ThatPieMan said:

Any chance for an update for the new '64?

Hey there, version 1.0.2 has been out for a while now and adds support for the Apache. I just forgot to post an update to this thread. You can get it on the user files: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311970/

Join the TTI Discord