Buildings draw distance too close?

stormrider

I play in VR, so my settings are usually med-low. View distance is set to Med.

What I noticed is that compared to other maps, in the Syrian map, the buildings draw distance is way too close around the player's bubble making it considerably more difficult to spot and bomb buildings than other maps.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Noticed the same.

For example the TGP view starts to render at aroundish 43 nm. Only from around 25 nm the Warehouses at an airfield started to render. I could watch them slowly grew out of the ground.

I think they are aware that they kinda built something "too heavy" with the amount of detail on this map and this is the compromise to not run at 1 fps..

Hi, the same happen in the Caucasus, the buildings and trees start to grow in front of you, I have the visibility almost to the max. I use an Hp reverb.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

The same with the trees. I have posted on the wishlist that maybe something could be done about it. Otherwise it performs well for me in VR and I appreciate it’s a very new map. At the moment for me as a VR player it’s perfect for helicopters, but once you start climbing high the textures start to look a bit blurry at distance, and as you say there is no tree or building detail at distance.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Hi, the same happen in the Caucasus, the buildings and trees start to grow in front of you, I have the visibility almost to the max. I use an Hp reverb.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Lol those system specs though. TOP TIER :D

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Lol those system specs though. TOP TIER :D

Thank you. All the kids are showing off they gear so, why not show off mine?

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

it must be a VR thing then.

because this is my experience with HIGH vis range (I bumped it up from MED to test)

but I've seen it also in Caucasus map. so maybe it's a "VR optimization" thing?

it must be a VR thing then.

because this is my experience with HIGH vis range (I bumped it up from MED to test)

but I've seen it also in Caucasus map. so maybe it's a "VR optimization" thing?

I think your right. Looking at screen shots it seems to be a VR issue.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I must honestly say that I am a little disappointed. Syria offers a beautiful landscape, but it doesn't come across well in DCS. As mentioned above, the surroundings are shown in a too small radius, so that the objects appear in front of your nose. The textures on medium and far distance are very washed out and of low quality! I understand that you have to compromise somewhere to ensure a playable experience. But I think this should never be at the expense of the landscape. I personally prefer to do without these detailed cities, which are of little interest to me.

The map has a lot of potential, so please use it dear developers!

I must honestly say that I am a little disappointed. Syria offers a beautiful landscape, but it doesn't come across well in DCS. As mentioned above, the surroundings are shown in a too small radius, so that the objects appear in front of your nose. The textures on medium and far distance are very washed out and of low quality! I understand that you have to compromise somewhere to ensure a playable experience. But I think this should never be at the expense of the landscape. I personally prefer to do without these detailed cities, which are of little interest to me.

The map has a lot of potential, so please use it dear developers!

Agreed on all points. Though I'd say that, even with textures on high in 4K, they still don't look as good as Persian Gulf and even in some cases, the Caucasus map's textures.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

A part of Aleppo from 26000 ft at around 1.30 AM. Static weather, no clouds no something.

Zooming in and out let the lights also fade in and out. Not the case with PG for example.

There also the details getting better zoomed in (but not with such a difference like on the Syria map), but not the lights of the cities. Dubai´s lights are visible from far above and from long distances :noexpression:

Screen_200909_054029.thumb.png.ef8edc72ffdf094f59d49484be6710d2.png

Screen_200909_054025.thumb.png.ecb9297e9c093c4269840af6731d7bf8.png