Flight Panels

MustangSally

My panel's LED doesn't sync with the game since the latest SimAppPro software update. 

Export.lua is checked and looks fine to me.

Can anyone help?

Edit #1: It works just fine in singleplayer mode but not in multiplayer.

Edit #2: I have deleted all wwt lua files and downgraded the SimAppPro, now it's working again. Should investigate more...

Edited by Gamja Field

New update out to fix sync issue

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 6:58 PM, FoxTwo said:

Got mine, they're working well.

If you want to be able to map all the functions 1:1 you're going to have to edit some LUA.

Drop these into your DCS program files folder (for example \Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta) if you want an easy fix. Doesn't break IC it's just button mappings.

Mods.zip 47.26 kB · 93 downloads

Hi---where did you find cockpit button and switches arguments? I am trying to find what cockpit argument is for HMB brightntess knob in f-18? I am using SIMVC cockpit app It doesnt work

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

On 5/15/2021 at 7:57 PM, Dudikoff said:

By default, they do operate as DX-buttons so you can map them directly in DCS or use some alternative software (Gremlin).

The reason I'd want to use their software for that is to create profiles which I can modify and load outside DCS and which (I hope) would also allow me to map the backlights which exist on some of these buttons.

Did you managed to map backlights using sim app pro software?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

11 minutes ago, hreich said:

Hi---where did you find cockpit button and switches arguments? I am trying to find what cockpit argument is for HMB brightntess knob in f-18? I am using SIMVC cockpit app It doesnt work

I don't even bother editing the lua anymore, I just use quaggles input command injector and munkwolf's community keybinds, which so far seem to have all the inputs required to map pretty much anything in any module.

But if you don't want to bother, you can just use the relevant part of the keybinds from munkwolf:

https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds/blob/main/InputCommands/FA-18C/Input/FA-18C/joystick/default.lua

{cockpit_device_id = devices.HMD_INTERFACE, pressed = hmd_commands.BrtKnob_ITER, value_pressed = -0.5, name = _('HMD OFF/BRT Knob - CCW/Decrease (Slow)'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Custom')}},
		{cockpit_device_id = devices.HMD_INTERFACE, pressed = hmd_commands.BrtKnob_ITER, value_pressed = 0.5, name = _('HMD OFF/BRT Knob - CW/Increase (Slow)'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Custom')}},
		{cockpit_device_id = devices.HMD_INTERFACE, pressed = hmd_commands.BrtKnob_ITER, value_pressed = -2, name = _('HMD OFF/BRT Knob - CCW/Decrease (Fast)'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Custom')}},
		{cockpit_device_id = devices.HMD_INTERFACE, pressed = hmd_commands.BrtKnob_ITER, value_pressed = 2, name = _('HMD OFF/BRT Knob - CW/Increase (Fast)'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Custom')}},
		{cockpit_device_id = devices.HMD_INTERFACE, down = hmd_commands.BrtKnob_AXIS, up = hmd_commands.BrtKnob_AXIS, value_down = -1, value_up = 1, name = _('HMD OFF/BRT Knob - 0% else 100% (2-way Switch)'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Instrument Panel'), _('Custom')}},
		{cockpit_device_id = devices.HMD_INTERFACE, down = hmd_commands.BrtKnob_AXIS, up = hmd_commands.BrtKnob_AXIS, value_down = 1, value_up = -1, name = _('HMD OFF/BRT Knob - 100% else 0% (2-way Switch)'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Instrument Panel'), _('Custom')}},

On 1/16/2022 at 10:50 PM, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

For me, yes it does indeed. I fly a lot of traffic patterns with my modules, and find the gear lever a massive inmersion booster. Much more than pressing a button from Warthog throttle or clicking one of the small buttons from the PointCtrl finger unit.
What´s more, the lever allows me to operate the gear while keeping my eyes out of the cockpit, with muscle memory I find the lever easily.
Tomorrow it will arrive a F-16 ICP. And by xmas I bought a programmable keyboard for Hornet/Harrier UFC. I like the best of two worlds, physical devices and VR.

U can always program friction control lever on throttle through script target software to change gears state up/down, and even make your throttle led lamp 1-5 to blink three times...That's what i use, so i have an indication that gear is moving up/down

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 9 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 7:46 PM, Josh3945 said:

Take those 4 screws out and on the front plate take out the 6 outer screws. The 4 corners and then there’s one on the top in the middle and on the bottom in the middle. That’ll let you take the back plate off. 

Same happened to me and this worked, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/@Willdass

Setup: VPC Warbrd with TM F/A-18 stick on 10cm extension, Realsimulator FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra with F16SGRH grip, Winwing Super Taurus throttle, SimGears F-16 ICP, Winwing Combat and Take Off Panels, TM TPR Pendular Rudders,  3x TM Cougar MFD's, Simshaker Jetpad, Wacom Intuos S for OpenKneeboard.

PC: RTX 4090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64gb RAM 3600mhz, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2, Meta Quest Pro