The last update is 64 GB !

LTPERRY

Hello everyone, I don't know if it's me who's having the problem or if the latest patch is that huge.

I'm at version "2.5.6.53756" Open Beta, and when I want to update to the latest patch "2.5.6.54046", I'm being asked for 64 GB of free space on my SSD (something that I obviously don't have) is there a problem or is the update for you too is that heavy ? :shocking:

It seems huge 64 GB to me just for an update :dunno:

Doesn't seem that bad for me, mine was only about 1.6 GB. Did you skip any updates? Couple recent ones were huge.

Just fire it up and leave it on overnight--good to go in the morning.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

0.76Gb Here, then turned to 26.4Gb

same here!

With this rate, my poor 500GB SSD drive will be full before the end of the month... :(

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

If you have another drive with space use mklink to create a download folder on that drive which DCS will use

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

same here!

With this rate, my poor 500GB SSD drive will be full before the end of the month... :(

Keep in mind that part of what the updater downloads replace existing files. But it's true: DCS will keep expanding, to infinity and beyond! :pilotfly:Better be prepared.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thank you for your answers, I think the problem comes from a module that I deleted because it took up too much space. :doh:

I deleted the Nevada map in the DCS folder to be able to install the Syria map, there are two problems :helpsmilie::

-The first is that the update obviously wants to reinstall it for me (the additional 30 GB equivalent to the size of the nevada map), this is the first problem. :book:

How can I make sure to remove this map without being forced to reinstall it by updates ? :dunno:

Second problem from what you said, the update is only 1.6 GB, so even taking into account the Nevada map it should only be 31.6 GB, but here the update wants to install 64 GB, so where do the other 32 GB come from ? I do not understand. :blink:

Thank you for your answers, I think the problem comes from a module that I deleted because it took up too much space. :doh:

I deleted the Nevada map in the DCS folder to be able to install the Syria map, there are two problems :helpsmilie::

-The first is that the update obviously wants to reinstall it for me (the additional 30 GB equivalent to the size of the nevada map), this is the first problem. :book:

How can I make sure to remove this map without being forced to reinstall it by updates ? :dunno:

Second problem from what you said, the update is only 1.6 GB, so even taking into account the Nevada map it should only be 31.6 GB, but here the update wants to install 64 GB, so where do the other 32 GB come from ? I do not understand. :blink:

1. To remove the map uninstall it in the DCS module manager.

2. The update is not 1.6GB - the initial delta files were but the rest then included updates to the Syria map among other things and so it becomes lots of GB

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal