DCS crash during loading mission with F-14B

Razorback

Hi to all,

Well I have several DCS modules installed on my PC and it was a long time since I hadn't flown the F-14B.

A few days ago I tried to do a little flight but it was impossible to start the mission. Either DCS crashes during mission loading (80% of the time) or at startup I find myself in the cockpit and after 2s, freezing of the image and crash of DCS. :cry:

When AI, no worries but when I want to take the controls DCS crash.

For info my machine configuration has not changed and I have flown on the F-14B module for months in the past without any problems.

Here are already the steps I took to solve the problem but the crash persist !

- Update of the latest Open beta version

- Performed a cleaning via DCS_updater.cleanup

- Perform a repair via DCS_updater.repair

- I have uninstalled the F-14 module and then reinstalled it.

- I started from a brand new DCS Openbeta folder in my "Saved Games" profile.

Now I confess I don't know what to do!

If someone could enlighten me...Thx a lot,

Chris

• ED Team

Hi

please include your dcs log after the crash happens it will help the dev team

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

- I started from a brand new DCS Openbeta folder in my "Saved Games" profile.

Doesn't look like from your log - make sure to try clean profile. Does it happen with every mission?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Doesn't look like from your log - make sure to try clean profile. Does it happen with every mission?

Yes every mission.

Checked with all maps (mission editor) + instant mission + create fast mission + training

Clean profile already done --> no change

Does it crash if you run it with simshaker? Maybe somehowe simshaker not being plugged in is causing the crash - I am reaching far btw, but worth a shot. Over the years I have come to try and test the most absurd oddities that often then led to a surprise. Give it a try, see what it does.

Hopefully we can figure out what is happening. In the worst case a new, clean install is always an option as well, but for now let us see if we can't figure out what is happening.

Usually not being able to load into the plane points to a version mismatch, or you load in and the mission stays blank. So, not sure really what it is, but I think it is safe to say that something is awry on your side of the installation.

Did you or do you use any kind of mods?

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Does it crash if you run it with simshaker? Maybe somehowe simshaker not being plugged in is causing the crash - I am reaching far btw, but worth a shot. Over the years I have come to try and test the most absurd oddities that often then led to a surprise. Give it a try, see what it does.

Hopefully we can figure out what is happening. In the worst case a new, clean install is always an option as well, but for now let us see if we can't figure out what is happening.

Usually not being able to load into the plane points to a version mismatch, or you load in and the mission stays blank. So, not sure really what it is, but I think it is safe to say that something is awry on your side of the installation.

Did you or do you use any kind of mods?

Thx for your help

I already tried with the simshaker connected but same issue.

Currently I am building a new simpit for the arrival of the Mi-24P and my last option is indeed to restart from a complete new DCS install.

I didin't installed new mods since a few months now and the F-14B was running without problems.

I noticed that when in mission editor, when you clic on the button for choosing a livrery it takes also around 1s to have the total screen loaded, it was not the case before, and it's also only happening for the F-14B.

I think I'll look at it a lot more deeply when my simpit is finished and that all my controllers (imshakers, track IR, sticks,...) are again connected...who knows....

It's really hard to say from a distance. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the F-14? (The ME loading time is normal, btw, or in other words: we have no idea why it would happen, but it doesnt break anything.)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

It's really hard to say from a distance. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the F-14? (The ME loading time is normal, btw, or in other words: we have no idea why it would happen, but it doesnt break anything.)

Already done, same issue...

As said in my previous message, I will wait for my new simpit and if the module is not running properly I will do a complete new and clean DCS install.

I will let you know the result...

My DCS keeps on crashing too.

SteamVR/Index screen becomes black and DCS renders with one Frame every couple second in the desktop window.

The last crash was when i turned on the Radar on on the bottom Display for the Pilot.

Right in the moment where i flicked the switch DCS/SteamVR crashed.

Every other VR Game runs fine.

CPU: Intel i7 5930k@4.4GHz

RAM: 32GB DRR4@2400MHz (in Quad Channel mode)

MoBo: Asus X99 Deluxe

GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2080Ti@2GHz

Nvidia Driver Version: 452.06

DCS has its own SSD. A Samsung 860 EVO 1TB. The SSD is cached with an 250GB M.2 SSD Cache.

dcs.log

dcs.log.old.log

• 1 year later...

I too am having a problem with the F-14B part of F-14A/B.  I fly single player missions and have flown the F-14B model many times after purchasing the module in Sept. 2021. I recently started flying the F-14 again after a hiatus and discovered when I attempt any B model mission, the mission loads (Instant Action, SP Missions or Campaigns) but I am in F10 Map View after hitting the Fly Button.  I can change the view to F2 Aircraft View, F3 Fly-By View, F4 Camera on A/C View and F5 Nearest A/C View but cannot get into F1 Cockpit view nor do I have any aircraft control (stick, rudders or throttle) and can't R Alt + J Jump Into Aircraft or R Ctrl + R Shift + Tab Re-Spawn.  The only aircraft movement I get is if I hit R Alt + J Jump Into Aircraft, I then can see the aircraft pitch up for just a split second before resuming normal flight with a slight change in engine pitch. I can exit the mission at any time and have no problem flying the F-14A Missions, Instant Action or Campaigns nor with any other A/C.

MB - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming,  CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X,  GPU - Asus LC Strix RX 6900XT T16G Gaming,  RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3600

M2 – WD Blue SN570 2TB,  SSD – CT100MX500 SD1 1TB,  HDD – WD10EZ-22MFCAO 1 TB,  ThrustMaster WartHog HOTAS,  ThrustMaster Pendular Rudders,  HTC Vive Cosmos