Better Smoke V22 for DCS 2.9

Is the IC check different per session? I just tested on 3 servers with full IC and works just fine.

Try docWilly's advice above or delete the file if the problem persists.

Maybe similar to Mustang's shader mod issue. I tested again and no problem for me.

NOTE: some users have experienced red IC shield in MP list shortly after installing and launching the game, simply restart DCS and you will be able to join servers again.

Edited by Taz1004

Try docWilly's advice above or delete the file if the problem persists.

I did it already, its working now, but now I don't have the modded texture, just that default non hd

Hope see the DCS update for effects, explosions and damage soon :)

Edited by Tuniorez

Hope see the DCS update for effects, explosions and damage soon :)

I really hope so too but don't hope too much. Looks like they're still looking for Special FX artist. I think that's been up for awhile.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217832

Thanks for the confirmation NPOSuperhornet.

Installed v6 of the Smoke Mod.

Connected to Blue Flag Syria.

Sitting in the "lobby" I had no problems.

When I selected a hornet slot, it kicked me out with a "A Pure Client Required" message or something.

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

I just uninstall all mods and reinstalled V6 to test. Started DCS right up and I got the red shield on rain.hlsl. I restarted DCS and it went away. Joined full IC server and sat there for 5 minutes and started up A10C

IC.jpg

Have you tried restarting and have you tried different server?

ED is quite likely releasing new explosion and other effects soon so no need for those.

Soon? Not likely. Me, you and everyone else here shall be many moons older before that happens. Have you seen the new clouds around yet?

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

Talking of clouds. Are you able to create a mod to stop them spinning? I can't see the new clouds coming anytime soon and it's really annoying in VR.

I'm sure there would be hundreds of appreciative players even if it is only usable in SP.

I just uninstall all mods and reinstalled V6 to test. Started DCS right up and I got the red shield on rain.hlsl. I restarted DCS and it went away. Joined full IC server and sat there for 5 minutes and started up A10C

Have you tried restarting and have you tried different server?

Yes I tried restarting - didn't try other servers.

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

Yes I tried restarting - didn't try other servers.

I'd like to figure out what the pattern is. Some say it's the crater texture, some say it's rain.hlsl. Is IC check just random? Is it a map? Module? Server?

For now, since it seems to be working for some and doesn't for others, I'll leave it as is and leave it up to individual to remove the offending file from the mod.

Clouds, I've been looking into it but just realized I've been looking at wrong place. Because if you think about it, spinning can't be avoided in a simulation like this where you fly all around, over, and under. Try simulating that scenario with flat card like business card and how it can keep pointing at your fingertip as it flies over that business card. If it doesn't rotate, as you fly over, it will have to flip. Which will be worse.

What can be done is dampen the rotation of the clouds. So it's not abrupt when you turn your head. But I need to look deeper.

Edited by Taz1004

Added version 6.1 at the bottom of first post. This is if you have IC issue with voronka_ground.dds

What it does is it adds NEW crater texture instead of modifying original. And then redirects the texture location in graphics.lua

DCS doesn't check IC on additional files so this should pass IC. This actually can be an exploit to get around any texture check. Which makes IC check on textures pointless.

If you have any other mod that modifies graphics.lua or if you modified it yourself, you will have to merge. Only line 97 is changed.

IC conflict on rain.hlsl seems to be resolved by restarting DCS.

Edited by Taz1004

Thanks Taz!

Anyway, I suggest keeping version 5 available as a separate file to download in case people doesn't want to restart DCS everytime or get around IC checks moving files or editing any .lua ;)

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

Just tested on my private server for over an hour. I even tried changing maps to see if that triggered it. I actually flew the mission and dropped bombs to see the crater texture.

I can't duplicate the issue so I'm gonna have to assume it's that specific server. Maybe they have customized IC check I don't know. Just delete the file from the zip.

Definitely makes nice, rich columns of smoke from burning vehicles...

Does the OP (or anyone) have any suggestions regarding the TGP "White Out" / "Black Out" that occurs depending on whether you're in WHOT or BHOT?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Didn’t have it in Hog2 pre Mod under the latest OB version.

I have seen it off and on in Hog1 and yes, it’s been a running gun battle to get ED recognize it because it’s not always immediately reproduceable.

Sometimes deleting / rebuilding the metashaders folder helps. Some say turning the setting for chimney smoke down to zero helps. Some say it’s related to whatever alchemy nVidia is doing with their drivers. But nothing concrete has ever been nailed down to the best of my knowledge.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Didn’t have it in Hog2 pre Mod under the latest OB version.

I have seen it off and on in Hog1 and yes, it’s been a running gun battle to get ED recognize it because it’s not always immediately reproduceable.

Sometimes deleting / rebuilding the metashaders folder helps. Some say turning the setting for chimney smoke down to zero helps. Some say it’s related to whatever alchemy nVidia is doing with their drivers. But nothing concrete has ever been nailed down to the best of my knowledge.

yes and unfortunately it is also present with Hog2 and not cured yet. Happens once in a while, next restart it´s gone, then up again. People look for a solution - so far chimney smoke to 0 seems to be a temporary cure for that desease ;-)

Same b****** as with the connection timeout in MP. Sometimes it´s there sometimes it´s fine and no one finds a definite reason nor solution.

At least it´s not triggered by TAZ Better smoke.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

yes and unfortunately it is also present with Hog2 and not cured yet. Happens once in a while, next restart it´s gone, then up again. People look for a solution - so far chimney smoke to 0 seems to be a temporary cure for that desease ;-)

Same b****** as with the connection timeout in MP. Sometimes it´s there sometimes it´s fine and no one finds a definite reason nor solution.

At least it´s not triggered by TAZ Better smoke.

Hmmm... All maps or just Caucasus? I have some trees that suddenly appears very large in front of me. But only Caucasus.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hello Taz,

I really appreciate your mod, and I've been using it for a now. However, since v6, I keep getting an integrity check fail in basically any server using the Caucasus map. A single file fails the check, and it's apparently a snow texture, hence why I only get it on Caucasus.

Here's what the integrity check window says :

textures/noise_2 @ mods/terrains/caucasus/vfstextures/noisewinter

Could you help me with that issue ? :helpsmilie:

1827536198_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_10.11-02_51_49_96.png.34518e14bf3bad450b51b618ae393a54.png

Hello Taz,

I really appreciate your mod, and I've been using it for a now. However, since v6, I keep getting an integrity check fail in basically any server using the Caucasus map. A single file fails the check, and it's apparently a snow texture, hence why I only get it on Caucasus.

Here's what the integrity check window says :

textures/noise_2 @ mods/terrains/caucasus/vfstextures/noisewinter

Could you help me with that issue ? :helpsmilie:

That is not part of this mod.

vfstextures is usually from terrain mod or my tree mod. And those mods are not intended for full IC. You have to join servers that allow texture mods. It'll say "-require pure textures: no" on the lower right when you click on the server.

Hi there,

just tried the Mavericks with IR cam and after having destroyed a target I was unable to see anything when aiming in that direction, it was completely white.

It seems that the smoke mod is the cause as it happens only when pointing where it is.

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

Hi there,

just tried the Mavericks with IR cam and after having destroyed a target I was unable to see anything when aiming in that direction, it was completely white.

It seems that the smoke mod is the cause as it happens only when pointing where it is.

As shown above, exactly same thing happens to me without the mod. And there is no reason why anything in the mod would effect TGP.