Better Smoke V22 for DCS 2.9

SP version should be added as official in game, what amazing effects the steam smoke and the explosion brighter and smoke from clusters...

A beautiful idea, but if they can’t incorporate even Mustang’s ridiculously small modification of desert textures, then this has no chance.

• Like 1

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

These mods (smoke and terrain noise) have such low visibility, should be included by default! Come on ED!

• Like 1

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Not sure what you guys are referring to as visibility. LOD? Better if you show me.

Basically from how far away the explosions are visible.

Smoke, tracers, cluster bomb detonations and regular explosions all have different visibility range, where smoke and cluster bomb detonations are visible from very far away, whereas regular explosions are not visible until the player is very close, or very zoomed in. Which means you can easily miss that explosions are even taking place, unless they hit something that is destroyed and starts smoking.

I'll attach a screenshot to show. The game was paused when I took the screenshot, the only thing I changed was the zoom.

Screen_201122_113246.thumb.jpg.3bc228d9ddb53e5132608902d5ef0e2d.jpg

• Like 1

Taz1004, And everyone who knows...

Maybe you know in which file it is possible to increase the number of sparks? Previously, there were many more.

And further. It is possible to blow sparks into an explosion when the missile hits the tank ...

The number of sparks in early patches.. Video spoiler.

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Smoke, tracers, cluster bomb detonations and regular explosions all have different visibility range, where smoke and cluster bomb detonations are visible from very far away, whereas regular explosions are not visible until the player is very close, or very zoomed in. Which means you can easily miss that explosions are even taking place, unless they hit something that is destroyed and starts smoking.

I'll attach a screenshot to show. The game was paused when I took the screenshot, the only thing I changed was the zoom.

You can change that by increasing all LODdistance in /Config/Effects/ParticleSystem2/groundExplosion.lua

It will probably break IC however.

• Like 1

Taz1004, And everyone who knows...

Maybe you know in which file it is possible to increase the number of sparks? Previously, there were many more.

And further. It is possible to blow sparks into an explosion when the missile hits the tank ...

The number of sparks in early patches.. Video spoiler.

Looks like you have glow turned off in that video? Some shader mods like Kegety's will force glow off which breaks some explosions.

Just download the MP version. It wont have those effects but will be IC friendly.

Doesn't look like there are much more I can edit without breaking IC. So much of going forward will be for single player.

Amazing work as always Taz!!

Please don’t withhold any improvements you can implement due to IC.

Personally I try to ignore servers with IC checks to avoid losing such great and must have improvements that ED is unfortunately taking forever to implement, if at all...

I hope the team at ED understands how important these kind of “core mods” are to a combat sim like this, and would rush to implement them already themselves...

keep up the great work!!!

Ron

• Like 1

Callsign   SETUP

Screw IC, tons of folks looking for mods don't play online anyways. Make it work/look good.

I will say the preview vid for the catapult steam, I think the ED steam looked a lot better after the jet launched as it dispersed though blown by the jet.

• Like 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Screw IC, tons of folks looking for mods don't play online anyways. Make it work/look good.

I will say the preview vid for the catapult steam, I think the ED steam looked a lot better after the jet launched as it dispersed though blown by the jet.

Default steam bounces back and forth waving like a snake. It doesn't get blown away by wind and it doesn't disperse.

But as always with any mod, you can remove part of the mod you don't like.

Could you please share your experiments with us, what have you changed to get a good result?

Thank you!

Callsign   SETUP

Apologies for asking a dumb question or two, but modding things like smoke and trees is new to me.

Assuming they don’t break IC, can anyone tell me how much of a hot on performance it will take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be none to minimal performance hit as long as you don't fly directly into smokes and fill up your screen.

• Like 2