Better Smoke V22 for DCS 2.9

Tested all the effect and only Rain and Crater Texture are outdated.  I'm not too fond of the new Crater texture but I don't think it's worth replacing.

Also, the new default PFXDust.fx file for the Helo dust is identical to my file.  It even has my comments in it so they just took my edited file.  So I deleted the file from my mod.

Updated the files on first post.  I did not rename so just download and overwrite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Also, the new default PFXDust.fx file for the Helo dust is identical to my file.  It even has my comments in it so they just took my edited file.  So I deleted the file from my mod.

Updated the files on first post.  I did not rename so just download and overwrite.

Oh, that is a little cheeky! I'm assuming you weren't aware?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

1 minute ago, Taz1004 said:

No but I don't mind.

Fair do's. A credit would be nice though (or a free module)! Thanks for all your work sir.

Edited by zildac
  • Like 2

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

On 8/27/2020 at 3:24 PM, Taz1004 said:

UPDATED TO V10 for DCS 2.7

V10 is still in progress.  Still tweaking the vehicle smoke and also testing to see which effects are outdated.

Increases all smoke of same type.  

BetterSmoke_27_01.jpg

Better visibility of smoke from distance.

BetterSmoke_27_02.jpg

INSTALL:Extract to main DCS install path. OvGME or other Mod Managers recommended.

If you have any other mod that modifies particles, you must install this mod last and overwrite.

DOWNLOAD For DCS 2.7:  Right click the link and choose "Open link in new tab"

Single Player:  Better Smoke V10 SP

Multi Player:  Better Smoke V10 MP

DOWNLOAD For DCS 2.5.6

Single player: Better Smoke V9 SP

Multi player: Better Smoke V9 MP

Version History

I can't get the link to open?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

27 minutes ago, Florence201 said:

I can't get the link to open?

• From your browser:
    • Right Click the Better Smoke Version you want
    • select the Save link as.. option
    • follow prompts.

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

5 hours ago, El Phantasmo said:

Any chance of getting the SCUD's smoke trail to actually smoke all the way to its Apogee instead of cutting off 5k feet from launch?

Why? It's a ballistic missile, it has to stop burning before it reaches apogee or it will overshoot it's target...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Chrinik said:

Why? It's a ballistic missile, it has to stop burning before it reaches apogee or it will overshoot it's target...

Apogee was probably the wrong example. The point being that you would see the smoke trail continuing a lot longer during the missile's flight than it is modeled in game. 

8 minutes ago, El Phantasmo said:

Apogee was probably the wrong example. The point being that you would see the smoke trail continuing a lot longer during the missile's flight than it is modeled in game. 

Depends entirely on the range it needs to travel. The engine has fuel for about 65 seconds of continuous burn, after that it is dry. It can also shut off it's engine when it reached it's desired speed to reach it's target. It's a liquid fueled rocket, it does not continue to burn unnessecarily.
No burn should mean no smoke. The video I've seen they shut off their fuel at about 61000 feet, and produce a smoke trail until then and no further, as expected.

I can not reproduce your problem in DCS either. It keeps smoking as long as it is burning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Maybe a dumb question but if you install the MP mod on a server do all visiting the server get to see the effects, or do they all need to have the SP mod installed locally? And if its installed locally will they see effects if on a server without the MP mod installed?

Or have I got that all wrong? MP passes integrity check and SP doesn't?

Edited by Sprool

Unfortunately no, the client is where the "magic" happens. So each client would need to have the mod installed. The MP version of the mod is purely to allow the local client to pass IC checks. In all cases the mod is client side.

Edited by zildac
  • Like 1

Thx for V10 !!! 

Today I did this picture ... ups 😞 (but the smoke was nice)

N6Ppl2s.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

44 minutes ago, zildac said:

Unfortunately no, the client is where the "magic" happens. So each client would need to have the mod installed. The MP version of the mod is purely to allow the local client to pass IC checks. In all cases the mod is client side.

OK thanks for clarifying - understood 🙂

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Just installed the last version on the OB 2.7.

The dark smoke when the vehicles are on fire is simply beautiful, but the visual effect of the flames is greatly accelerated.

Am I the only one who has this strange effect? 

Already answered that.

And I am working on it.  It's really pain in the butt to tweak now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4