Better Smoke V22 for DCS 2.9

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, Taz you've created a very awesome mod which i really enjoy and learned to love!

And i have a very specific question:

Would it in theory be possible to simulate the "blanket like" dust layer that often developes and lingers on gun run impacts on dry ground? (i'm especially refering to GAU-8 and vulcan impacts) What we currently have in both DCS vanilla and the better smoke mod, is sort of a single overly tall smoke collum that forms after each impact that disapears extremely quick.

Little edit: a toned down version of your cluster bomb epxplosion and smoke effect could work very well for this. 

Here are just some small examples to maybe give you a better idea of what i mean:

Edited by MRTX

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 10:24 PM, Taz1004 said:

Updated ...

Taz, different question.... can you do new FPS friendly effects for 7.62 and 12.7 mm (guns, smoke on the ground)? With this Pod's of Mi-24 they are FPS killer :lol:.

Maybe as alternative effect for current version which does not cause such a drop in FPS?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

5 hours ago, YoYo said:

Taz, different question.... can you do new FPS friendly effects for 7.62 and 12.7 mm (guns, smoke on the ground)? With this Pod's of Mi-24 they are FPS killer :lol:.

Maybe as alternative effect for current version which does not cause such a drop in FPS?

Don't have Mi-24 so I don't know what smoke is the FPS killer.  If it's gun, you can just delete the gun smoke.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 12:17 PM, Vanguard said:

Just tried it for a few mins today, and for me it's shimmering like a boss. Any ideas?

https://youtu.be/XSm8YjHTZjg

On 5/9/2021 at 12:24 PM, Taz1004 said:

No idea.  Never seen that before.  Post a track and the mission?

In case anyone experiences this in the future, this was a side effect of having:

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true

in autoexec.cfg

Cheers

Edited by Vanguard
  • Like 4

To anybody who follows this thread and may know an answer related to effects modding; is there a way to disable/neutralize the static smoke that generates anytime a static object is hit by ordinance?

I've dropped some GBUs on tree lines in the PG and massive fires generate immediately after the strike, I feel its a bit excessive. 

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

17 hours ago, Rhayvn said:

Seems to cause crashing with todays patch.  Specifically seems to happen on shot down aircraft impact with the ground.

Haven't tried yet with this mod but I would think that those new water splash effects for guns affect some how too?

I have been flying practice in Hornet, Eagle and Turkey shooting down other birds, at NTTR, CAS, PG and Syria, no problem noted so far.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

No mod is "done" as long as ED keeps updating.  Nothing new I'm working on currently but I might try to adjust some of the new effects.

thanks for the update 👍

however a mod can indeed be done if, either, the developer says it's done or simply disappears 😉 

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Taz1004 first of all thank you for your work to the DCS community.

Let me ask you, in VR the IFLOLS, Supercarrier as example (in CV-59 is unusable), look like a christmas ball too bright and difficult to use, i´d rather IFLOLS look like the PDL lights in KC-135, less dim.

With your expertise could you tell me if it is possible to tune that in some sort? 

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

13 minutes ago, fagulha said:

Taz1004 first of all thank you for your work to the DCS community.

Let me ask you, in VR the IFLOLS, Supercarrier as example (in CV-59 is unusable), look like a christmas ball too bright and difficult to use, i´d rather IFLOLS look like the PDL lights in KC-135, less dim.

With your expertise could you tell me if it is possible to tune that in some sort? 

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

F.

I don't have SC so I'm not even sure what you're referring to.  But I'm planning to buy it this sale so I will pay attention to the IFLOLS.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

I don't have SC so I'm not even sure what you're referring to.  But I'm planning to buy it this sale so I will pay attention to the IFLOLS.

In 2D it´s working perfect but in VR the meatball have a giant glow, it has to do how DCS renders some lights. Months ago the Hornet was visible from 20nm due to the lights were very bright. I could try to take a picture in VR so you can understand what i´m trying to say. You can check it with the default Stennis too.

You have here a previous post about the subject:

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• Taz1004 changed the title to Better Smoke V14 for DCS 2.7

Même chose, merci de garder tout cela à jour 😉

And thanks to keep it ovgme ready without any other thing to do

• Like 1

System specs: Win10 x64 | i7-9700KF / i9-12900KF | 48/64 GB | GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / RTX 3090TI 24GB | *NvME PRO 2To | HOTAS Warthog/Virpil | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Button Box