Better Smoke V22 for DCS 2.9

Size matters! 😉

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Taz, could you be so kind to point me what are the files name for the longer ship wake effect alone?

I want to test only the ship wake using just the files involved from your mod.

Thanks mate.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

5 hours ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

Taz, could you be so kind to point me what are the files name for the longer ship wake effect alone?

I want to test only the ship wake using just the files involved from your mod.

Thanks mate.

\Config\Effects\ParticleSystem2\shipTrail.lua

Lines I edited are commented by my name.  Followed by default value.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Taz1004 changed the title to Better Smoke V15 for DCS 2.7

UPDATED TO V15 for DCS 2.7  11/18/2021

Merged with minor updates on Smoke and Water Explosion from latest DCS update.

Smoke:  ED added fire glow on ground.  Merged.

Water Explosion:  Not exactly sure what they changed but quick glance at the code, looks like it deals with how water explosion looks in FLIR.  I never looked at water explosion through FLIR so I can't tell if anything was changed.  Merged.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

13 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

Water Explosion:  Not exactly sure what they changed but quick glance at the code, looks like it deals with how water explosion looks in FLIR.  I never looked at water explosion through FLIR so I can't tell if anything was changed.  Merged.

Thank you Taz1004!

• Like 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

hace 15 horas, Taz1004 dijo:

Thanks for your work dude 😉

• Like 4

Sent from Nokia 3310

1 hour ago, Saguanay said:

Cool.   Dropped a big effect bomb.

Only the one package?    The SP ZIP doesn't seem to open up / download.

Screen_211120_214603.png

As I noted, you need to right click and open in new window from Chrome.  And click on address bar and Enter.

Or use Edge and ignore security warning.  Warning is from no SSL on my web server.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, piolin23000 said:

i can't found the V15 for this fantastic MOD, can someone give me the way to download it?

thank you 7 special tanks to TAZ1004 for this

It´s on the first post.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• Taz1004 changed the title to Better Smoke V16 for DCS 2.7

UPDATED TO V16 for DCS 2.7 12/7/2021 

Helo dust glowing at night fixed.

BetterSmoke_v16_01.jpg

Affects day time slightly.

BetterSmoke_v16_02.jpg

Also affects smoke sreen deployed by ground units.

BetterSmoke_v16_03.jpg

IFLOLS reduced for Stennis.  IC Fail version ONLY.  Doesn't apply to IC Safe version.

BetterSmoke_v16_04.jpg

Larger ground glow from fires.  Duration of the glow also lengthened from 100 seconds to 180 seconds.  IC Fail version ONLY.  Doesn't apply to IC Safe version.

BetterSmoke_v16_05.jpg

IFLOLS glow also edited for Supercarrier.  Can be downloaded from separate thread.

Supercarrier IFLOLS

IFLOLS_v1_01.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

Taz1004 thank you so much for the IFLOLS edit for Supercarrier!

Going to try it afterlunch and leave here feedback.

Keep up,

F.

EDIT: i gave feedback in the Supercarrier IFLOLS thread you created.

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, daviddou80 said:

V16 link looks like failure

As stated works fine, just right-click and choose "open link in a new window" as described in the first post.

Hi guys! thanks! 4 all the work. I want to shared this pictures. Please considere put more orange to your smoke plume on night fire, specially when the base of fire its large or the plume angle its more horizontal because of wind ,.. regards! sorry the english. 

06102020incendio.jpg

1598267600-incendio-gran-magnitud-santiago-cuba.jpg

Edited by Huilque151

3 hours ago, Huilque151 said:

Hi guys! thanks! 4 all the work. I want to shared this pictures. Please considere put more orange to your smoke plume on night fire, specially when the base of fire its large or the plume angle its more horizontal because of wind ,.. regards! sorry the english. 

06102020incendio.jpg

1598267600-incendio-gran-magnitud-santiago-cuba.jpg

I wish.  But not possible.

• Like 1

Hmm, just installed the mod and blew up a truck but the fire looks insanely massive, not like the screenshots on the front page. that fire looks like a nuclear meltdown and the smoke from an entire forest on fire 😄 

is this right?

Screen_211221_182253.png

1-smoke.jpg

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules