Better Smoke V22 for DCS 2.9

15 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

I don't get that.  Track?

ok so not supposed to happen. ill try reinstalling and see if it happens

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Im not sure but after Todays patch (DCS 2.7.11.22041 Open Beta) the smoke below and behind of the copter (tested Apache) looks different. Cleared cache and I'll check it again.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

3 hours ago, YoYo said:

Im not sure but after Todays patch (DCS 2.7.11.22041 Open Beta) the smoke below and behind of the copter (tested Apache) looks different. Cleared cache and I'll check it again.

Just delete the /Bazar/shaders/effects folder from the mod.

I'll update the file later.

• Like 1

• Taz1004 changed the title to Better Smoke V18 for DCS 2.7
On 3/31/2022 at 3:17 AM, Taz1004 said:

I'll update the file later.

With v18 now its ok again, thank You like always 🙂 !

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

4 hours ago, codenamepanzer said:

V16 is ok for me, impossible to use V17 or V18 on stable version (no mod shader installed).

Can somebody confirm that V18 is compatible with stable version ?

That make sense because stable is just older version of OB.

Hi Taz, v18, pls check this:

UHvmTYA.jpg

On TADS I dont see the smoke (TV sensor day, not a FLIR). No, hard to tell me thats mod bug or Apache. Can You check it?

If its AH-64 bug I'll create the new topic in bug section.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

41 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Hi Taz, v18, pls check this:

UHvmTYA.jpg

On TADS I dont see the smoke (TV sensor day, not a FLIR). No, hard to tell me thats mod bug or Apache. Can You check it?

If its AH-64 bug I'll create the new topic in bug section.

You can check by disabling the mod and see if it still happens.

If they're trucks, it happens without the mod.  And it happens on other modules too.  As I mentioned on previous notes, ED changed some trucks to old smoke for some reason and they don't show up on FLIR.  Try blowing up tanks or SAM.

• Thanks 1

@Taz1004

Love your mod, smoke, fire and ship wakes are awesome. Thank you for fixing the dust issue.

I was gonna' make a bug report to you, but version 18 fixed it.

CK5kuDe.jpg

9RN6nIB.jpg

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

@Taz1004
Love your mod, smoke, fire and ship wakes are awesome. Thank you for fixing the dust issue.
I was gonna' make a bug report to you, but version 18 fixed it.
CK5kuDe.jpg
9RN6nIB.jpg
Huh????
Here I was thinking ED removed the totally ridiculous "dust when on grass" and actually added flying grass, even overdone.
I guess I have to get the 18. Sigh... I was so happy and thought they were heading in the right direction. Oh, well.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Huh????
Here I was thinking ED removed the totally ridiculous "dust when on grass" and actually added flying grass, even overdone. emoji2361.png
I guess I have to get the 18. Sigh... I was so happy and thought they were heading in the right direction. Oh, well. emoji2373.png

On some choppers, it looks like they added rotor downwash moving the grass, but it disappears when the dust settles down.

I don't mind the "dust on grass" since they toned it down to fix the "glow in the dark" issue. It's darker colored and not as intense.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2021 at 11:55 PM, Taz1004 said:

UPDATED TO V14 for DCS 2.7  10/22/2021

Longer ship trails.  IC Fail version ONLY.

All ships moving at 11kts

BetterSmoke_v14_01.jpg

BetterSmoke_v14_02.jpg

Tested in a turn.

BetterSmoke_v14_03.jpg

Reference used

Just what I need for my carrier qualifications, thank you, Gonna test this evening

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 3 weeks later...

are there any specific parameters in the .lua files i can change to further extend or widen the aircraft carrier ship trails? (basic cvn74 and supercarrier)

i need them about 5x longer and "whiter" to use somewhat like an extended center line for practicing case 1 landings.

thanks!

@noobee   

Taz1004_Better_Smoke_v18_SP\Config\Effects\ParticleSystem2\shipTrail.lua

I'm not sure which parameters need to be adjusted, so make a back up to be safe.

Play around with the different parameters until you achieve the desired effect.

If you eff it up, resort to back up and try again. Let me know how you do.

• Like 2

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

images (1).jpeg

I know that the RPG 7 is not really smokey, but I will like to request a update to this smoke mod or a small alternative mod that adds smoke to the launch of the ED RPG, the fly and if possible the grenade explosion so it look similar to the AAA puff. Possible? 

It will improve my chances of seeing those bastards when they fire.

Edited by Stratos
  • Like 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

After DCS 2.7.15.25026 the original files included in this mod v18 have been changed...
(staticSmoke.lua, clusterShading.hlsl, gunSmoke.fx)

Perhaps a new version of the mod is needed?

• Like 3

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

• 2 weeks later...

Taz,

A great mod and I am not sure this is the place to ask the question but I will start here.  Is there a way to change the density.  The option in the ME doesn't seem to have any effect.  I am trying to build a scenario with some smoke but the smoke from a hours old fire is just as thick as a burning fire which is silly. thank you in advance for any thought you may have.

r/

Mage

On 7/11/2022 at 5:40 PM, aavmaj said:

A great mod and I am not sure this is the place to ask the question but I will start here.  Is there a way to change the density.  The option in the ME doesn't seem to have any effect.  I am trying to build a scenario with some smoke but the smoke from a hours old fire is just as thick as a burning fire which is silly. thank you in advance for any thought you may have.

For me the option in the ME works perfectly... 🤔

(Just keep in mind that you cannot change the density of a smoke that is already on fire. You have to stop it "SMOKE EFFECT - STOP" and then start another fire with a different density.)

Edited by Presidium
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great mod! In addition, I'm wondering if there's any possible to way to make the smoke less "fat" and instead longer but skinnier. I have some fires around my house IRL and that's how they tend to look, long trailing smoke tails into the sky. Is there an easy way for me to make that change myself? if so, anyone know which values to change to create this effect?

ps. Let me know if I should start a different thread

Cheers!

nullimage.png

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules