[CANNOT REPRODUCE, NO TRACK] Air to air radar locks targets far beyond gimbal limits

SKIPPY 7-7

This has felt like it's been happening for a long time. The air radar automatically soft locks targets beyond +/-70° azimuth in RWS and TWS. It's incredibly annoying in the HUD and HMD. What's up with this?

Heatblur F-14 Tomcat | DCS F/A-18C Hornet | DCS A-10C II Warthog | BelSimTek UH-1H

RTX 2080 Super, i7 8700K @ 4.9Ghz, 16gb 2400Mhz DDR4, Asus Z370F, Corsair H115i Pro

I also experience this from time to time. Even with radar turned off that lock still remains :/

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

This frequently happens to me when on the ground, pressing the NWS button to go into NWS HI.

What has this to do with the radar locking out of arc? I suggest you might have a mapping issue in answer to your question, but hijacking a thread instead of starting a specific one is really not a good move.

What has this to do with the radar locking out of arc? I suggest you might have a mapping issue in answer to your question, but hijacking a thread instead of starting a specific one is really not a good move.

Because its directly related. Intermittently when on the ground, pressing the NWS/undesignate button will 'bug' an LTWS track, occasionally behind you.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

In TWS, the undesignate button (which is NWS as well, on the ground), designates targets. The function is aptly called undesignate-to-designate.

That shouldn't happen on the ground in the first place (radar silent with wow), but sometimes it does happen, and sometimes it bugs targets way outside of any radar acquisition cone.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Because it's the exact same bug occurring in a different situation, that happens to involve another bug. And cage your attitude instead of hitting the fast erect button every damn time you post.