Computer Thoughts

Hello community,

I currently have a computer that is sitting on the side waiting to be built. Due to COVID and me working in a hospital I could not finally build it. It has been sitting sealed next to my bed and need to know would I be better off selling and going with the newer stuff or not?

Here is my build

Lian Li PC-O11XL

Intel i7-9700K

EVGA Z390 Dark

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32GB

EVGA RTX 2080 Super

EVGA NU Audio Pro Soundcard

EVGA G3 750w PSU

LG 32" 1440P Monitor

What are your thoughts should I keep this build will I be good for at least 2-3 more years in most cases?

CPU cooler?

Looks like a good overclocking build to me. I don't think you'd get any kind of significant gains from a new CPU/MOBO/RAM combo. Just maybe better thermals and slightly higher clock speeds. 8 fast cores will be plenty for gaming for the next 2-3 years.

One exception I would look at is the GPU. A new 3080 coming out in the next month or so should beat 2080 Ti performance but we'll see once it's released and benchmarked. These cards are also typically hard to get a hold of when first released so you might want to enjoy your build till you have one in hand.

CPU cooler?

Looks like a good overclocking build to me. I don't think you'd get any kind of significant gains from a new CPU/MOBO/RAM combo. Just maybe better thermals and slightly higher clock speeds. 8 fast cores will be plenty for gaming for the next 2-3 years.

One exception I would look at is the GPU. A new 3080 coming out in the next month or so should beat 2080 Ti performance but we'll see once it's released and benchmarked. These cards are also typically hard to get a hold of when first released so you might want to enjoy your build till you have one in hand.

CPU Cooler sorry is the EVGA AIO 360mm... Yes I went EVGA all out lol I have always had the best luck with them through out the years. I remember there Core 2 Duo motherboards

Very well thought components.

Awesome build before the quarantine.

If you can sell the GPU at the same price as new, I will do that and buy a new 3000 series one.

And if you are going to delay a little more your build yet: I will try to endorse that build to a kind friend and refresh your rig whenever you will be back in your house.

(At least: saving lives was first than DCS.... thanks for that;-)

Edited by Leaderface