F-16C Block 40/42

CapableJet7

Hi guys,there is the possibility to have the F-16C in the Block 40/42 Version?

The Model is the same with some changement.

The cockpitg have a different HUD (I don't remember the name) and reinforcements on the fuselage.

He haven't some weapons mode (the block 50 have all the weapon modes of the 40 and some more)

The engine is a little less powerfull.

If I have forgotten any differences, please addin the replies,i will add to the original post..

I really hope it is taken into consideration.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I have forgotten any differences, please addin the replies,i will add to the original post..

Every F-16 is different, not only by block, also by year and country. Each country decides what they want in the original delivery and their own update/upgrade program.

For example, this are Israeli Block 40

Notice the enlarge intake light with additional electronic warfare antennas. D models with extended backbone. It will have several other avionics and equipment, weapons capabilities are different, etc.

Other will have different HUD, example Solo turk 91-0011 was a block 40 with WAC HUD and not the WAR HUD among my other equipment and capabilities differences. Different weapons and engine subversions.

There are no weapons mode, there are many software versions. F-16 without MMC used System Capability Upgrades or SCU ( these include some block 5, 10, 15, 25, 30, 32, 40, 42, 50, 52) F-16 with MMC use Operational flight programs ( these include some block 10,15,20,40,42,50,52) Depending weather it was a SCU or a OFP and which one will determine many capabilities.

Other equipment that are different at different time by different countries.

Radars are different, radios, EW equipment, engines, cockpit panels will be arrange differently, external and internal lightning changes over the years and by country, IFF etc.

Engine for example also have different subversions. For example, there are F110-GE-100 to -100D, F100-PW-220 will have different subversions also with different improvements.

Lighting also have differences, for example Greek NVS capable F-16 tend to have a orange tint to the lighting while USAF is a blueish green.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

F-16 is like a "frankenmonster-modded-to-infinity" aircraft where likely any of them are same to each others and most are unique ones when compared to even next coming from the factory.

I would have always thought about F-16 being fairly standardized and very strict in the specifications, but as I didn't have much interested at all to Falcon, I didn't know how different it can be between units and all. It truly is an aircraft that has been developed leaps and bounds far from its original idea, that has had severe limitations in its original design that was to be made it so that you couldn't even upgrade it further from it. But yet there were found ways to overcome all the restrictions and limitations built to it, and get it to be something far more than originally wanted.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

If we narrow it down to just USAF block 40/42 from 2007 after CCIP upgrades with same OFP, then the radar, radios, cockpit arrangement, cockpit lightning, IFF and engines will be different.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The 2007 version is too new...

I think in game we haven't the ultimate version of the block 50/52..

Inviato dal mio SM-A505FN utilizzando Tapatalk

DCS block 50 is a 2007 versions

We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

To whom it may concern,

Just keep in mind, if they would do a USAF 2007 block 40 after ccip, it would still not have AAQ-13. I mention this since most people asking for block 40/42 ask because they want TFR

To whom it may concern,

Additionally:

So, looking at the USAF circa 2007.

There where units with the AAQ-28, each of the pods have their own software. Old software, was not tested for laser masking zones with the AN/ASQ-213 HTS pod installed. Because of this, units with those LITENING pods could not carry both pods at the same time due to the danger of causing laser eye damage to the pilots.

Some units had the AAQ-28, but no ASQ-213. Others, vice-versa had the ASQ-213 but no AAQ-28. Some pilot and maintainer where not train to use the equipment. So the missions stayed the same.

There where several unit or bases closing or changing missions or aircraft, for example Cannon AFB and Moody AFB, so their aircraft where being send to different units. Several units had a good mix of aircraft with different capabilities.

To whom it may concern,

USAF block 40/42 uses the Wide Angle Raster (WAR), Diffractive Optics HUD.

USAF block 50/52 uses the Wide Angle Collimate (WAC), Refractive Optics HUD.

But this is different on different F-16. For example some ROKAF block 52 had WAR HUD and as mention before Turkish block 40 use WAC HUD.

To whom it may concern,

USAF block 40/42 uses the Wide Angle Raster (WAR), Diffractive Optics HUD.

USAF block 50/52 uses the Wide Angle Collimate (WAC), Refractive Optics HUD.

But this is different on different F-16. For example some ROKAF block 52 had WAR HUD and as mention before Turkish block 40 use WAC HUD.

Which are the differences between the WAR and WAC? Only "esthetic" or functional?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which are the differences between the WAR and WAC? Only "esthetic" or functional?

Wide Angle Raster (WAR), Diffractive Optics

Wide Angle Collimate (WAC), Refractive Optics

Also, like everything else, it depends. Some WAC HUDs can project FLIR other can't. Depends on the Pilot Display Unit (PDU) used AFAIK.

To whom it may concern,

Wide Angle Raster (WAR), Diffractive Optics

Wide Angle Collimate (WAC), Refractive Optics

Also, like everything else, it depends. Some WAC HUDs can project FLIR other can't. Depends on the Pilot Display Unit (PDU) used AFAIK.

Uh ok,thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Only on a DCS forum could the discussion take this turn. You rightly start talking about the historical/geographic/whatever realism where you should use the F-16 and end up talking about technical stuff and that could go on for eternity.

Due to the 1.15 rule I prefer not to mention the name but have you ever tried the dynamic campaign of the other....

The only motivation for having another version is to fly it in a dynamic campaign that gives a touch of realism to the whole experience. There is no other sense for which ED should make that F-16 version.

I really wonder how you play DCS, the more i read the forum the more it becomes difficult for me to understand what you find satisfaction in.

To give you an example, it's as if for you the fun of football consisted in changing shirt and team (block 40 or 50 etc) rather than in the game itself (play the campaign=that is not a bunch of scripted mission but is a real moving world day by day like real life)

In practice the 40-50 block are pretty much the same thing, no need unless you have a dynamic campaign and even then it would be marginal.

I suggest people to take a look at that other....(rule 1.15 sorry) with the dynamic campaign .. and if you want maybe this thread.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=284141

Edited by Expert

the differences are very few so why not? It would be really easy to make it happen.

This is the kind of statement that gets thrown around pretty frequently around here and really gets under my skin. Unless one is a 3D modeler, texture editor, computer programmer, and has a decent understanding of the underlying DCS code base, that person cannot possibly evaluate how difficult any feature would be to add to DCS.

Another potentially interesting conversation mired by these post, including this very post... Oh well, I should know better by now.

To whom it may concern,

If we narrow it down to just USAF block 40/42 from 2007 after CCIP upgrades with same OFP, then the radar, radios, cockpit arrangement, cockpit lightning, IFF and engines will be different.

This idea has merit. The purpose of the CCIP Program was standardization of the "F-16" fleet 40/42's and 50/52s all went through the program. And in theory...all emerged with basically the same cockpit layouts and capabilities.

As far as I can decipher, modeling the Post CCIP 40s would only require the removal of a few details to be correct. The Bird Slicer IFF antenna and JMHCS transducers inside the canopy are the most obvious items that stand out.

Modeling the Block 42/52s would require the Pratt & Whitney engine be modeled along with the correct afterburner external details.

I'm sure I've missed something but I'm to tired to go to the big computer to search for stuff...

This has good info

https://www.usaf-sig.org/index.php/reference/114-research-material/82-f-16-viper-faq-stuff-you-wanted-to-know-about-the-f-16cd

Maybe on down the road, ED will do a 42/52 version the way they have with the modernized A-10C.

Edit: ooops my bad

All Block 50/52s are now CCIP, and most of the Block 40/42s are, though the Block 40 series doesn't have the IFF blades in front of the canopy, just the JHMCS being the only clue the jet is CCIP. In short order it can just be assumed that a Block 40/42 is CCIP equipped, though externally it’s tough to tell.

So in reality all it might take is removing the Bird Slicer antennas to do the 40.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Why 2007 ffs?!

Why lock it to a single year? Just give it everything and we mission designers decide what's best for the mission.

:doh:

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png