dcs F16 radar version question ?

daive2006

It's probably simply a matter of public information available...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I'm sure you didn't mean Eagle.

Eagle as in Eagle Dynamics.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

ED’s decision on what versions to model are based on several things I’m sure....but they have said that one important consideration is the availability of information on the system. ED wants to be able to accurately model the system so they need enough publicly available info so make sure they do so. If a system is too new, then a lot of it is still classified-including capability.

Of course, this didn’t appear to be a concern in bringing in the JF-17 and the future Eurofighter...but I’ve complained enough about that

ED’s decision on what versions to model are based on several things I’m sure....but they have said that one important consideration is the availability of information on the system. ED wants to be able to accurately model the system so they need enough publicly available info so make sure they do so. If a system is too new, then a lot of it is still classified-including capability.

Of course, this didn’t appear to be a concern in bringing in the JF-17 and the future Eurofighter...but I’ve complained enough about that

Maybe it's because of the US jets that have too much info classified? However, the US jets we have in the game now are 80s design...

I mean ED employee was arrested when they tried to get the Viper flight manual.

What that ED employee did had nothing to do with ED, the manual collecting was what he was doing personally

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg