A-10C Flight Performance Request to Fixed with DCS: A-10C II

Habu23

• ED Team
When and Where was it ever posted that the sim is de-rated per agreement with the government and/or the manufacturer?

Never, Wags mentioned something with the Hornet, but nothing that I know of on the A-10C has been 'de-rated' some things were left out and not modelled with the agreement, but that's it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

When and Where was it ever posted that the sim is de-rated per agreement with the government and/or the manufacturer?

There are posts about it on the forums. I can't recall which ones or where they are, but a part of ED's agreement with the manufacturer apparently doesn't allow them to exactly model the A-10.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

There are posts about it on the forums. I can't recall which ones or where they are, but a part of ED's agreement with the manufacturer apparently doesn't allow them to exactly model the A-10.

Hearsay! Was this ever about FM?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Guys, make sure the internal testing numbers corresponds to the front-end gauges numbers and visually confirm, if the FM is tested with other tools bypassing the cockpit, it wouldn't reveal a possible issue with just the gauges properly corresponding. If there's a gauge that has an issue like this, it can make so much trouble for everyone and we would argue forever.

There should be some kind of a setup where all the gauges in the cockpit view are all presented on multi-monitors visually and also numbers when the team does the FM tests, or some similar setup, so both can be compared in real-time. There has to be a tool that plots all the performance data to a timeline chart ... and another separately for the final gauge values, a discrepancy must not exist. A simple program could monitor all of this for discrepancy in real-time and show a giant warning when a discrepancy is detected in any of the gauges/stats.

For statistical and benchmarking purposes, perhaps it's possible by modders/users to use the DCS scripting API to get a report dumped to a text (or otherwise) file from all the A-10 gauges, perhaps TacView already does this, kinda like "black box" data or "telemetry".

I don't have DCS installed currently so I can't check right now.

This is speculation ofcourse, I don't know how stuff is really wired under the hood, but it's best to leave no stone unturned.

@Habu23 - You could wrap the youtube tags around your video to make it embedded as well, thanks, but without the URL link, only the video code RY8lAihUMUY

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

AD

This is only with regard to systems modeling. AFAIK there are no restrictions on flight modeling, there is no way you can "nerf" a flight model. I mean you could do it, but even small discrepancies can, and usually do break the entire FM. I mean Eagle Dynamics might not have the most accurate or up to date data, which is why SMEs like like Habu are important to fill in the gaps.

As for the whole terrorists breaking in on an airbase and stealing an A10C, well that's just too many hollywood movies dude. The biggest threat is corporate and government espionage, with no "material" theft involved.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Also good catch on the Motor Switch and Fuel Flow Override stuff being modelled good, along with the overall engine stuff, this is important for Damage Model eventually so it'll have to be looked into one or another, it's critical to the in-flight recovery stuff and that whole part of damage resistance and survivability to RTB for repairs, this no dobut affects gameplay in a long term dynamic mission, and that's the kind of stuff I find so interesting, that's partially a major reason why A-10C is still my favourite.

I don't care if even bigger than original work needs to be done on A-10C 2, I'm ready to pay for it what's necessary, I want them go all crazy on the damage model for A-10C :devil: , because A-10C is exactly that kind of an airplane with such potential and we should use it to it's fullest potential !!!

But the raw damage model is one thing, the systems, gauges, alarms, warnings, buttons and beeps all have to respond and be in sync so it's all dynamic and your even slightest things affect the way damage spreads/affects the aircraft, edge cases should be covered, that's the magic of it!

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Wags said that DCS F-18 flight model is altered compared to the real one to protect real life operations of the aircraft. It's not unreasonable to assume that flight models of other DCS products are altered as well. I mean, why would you protect F-18 flight model, but not protect A-10 or F-16 flight models, both aircraft being in active service?

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

Just remember, It's still a "simulation" of IRL.

ED can only go so far as per $ / time and could theoretically work on it forever.

Even million dollar mil's sims are still not quite right compared to IRL.

Are ED's models the best in PC simming (Yes) Still good enough to be a D level sims.

Full video

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

No absolutes here. First day buy for me, and the current Hawg is still fun after 7 years of flying. Very much appreciate the efforts of ED, Habu, Snoopy, many others.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

I would like to offer a different perspective;

I bought a new pc, warthog hotas and the whole shebang to fly the hog back in 2017. Unfortunately shortly after that I got shipped out to out of nowhere for work, and I did not have time for DCS until the epidemic..

ED kept the module and the base sim updated while I was taking time off from DCS. It received a new cockpit, new sounds and more.. I think they held their end of the bargain pretty good.

Re; flight performance--It is great news that they are re-analyzing and they have a real A10 pilot to help them now.

The summary obviously can never be as good as the video can show the context and stuff, RDR ALT switch is missing from the summary, what about other people who haven't seen this thread, it's about them testing it out and confirming commenting on that, I'm sure someone else who's responsible for A-10C would want to see it.

I usually don't delete anything unless it's terribly wrong or obsolete, this doesn't feel like it. I put my old obsolete or wrong test videos on unlisted (not private) for example, so they don't mess with new users, but when someone's been part of a topic deeply and suddenly can't check back on something to remember how it went then it's just more confusion IMO.

Must be a mistake. If the comments were the problem, why not just disable them?

Perhaps that's just my philosophy, infact part of my DCS hiatus is because i have around 12 TBs of data I need to sort and archive, only a fraction is being erased, I'm pretty serious on data preservation I guess, I can remember so many times I was extremely upset when I couldn't find something from back 3-4 years ago, even if it's just for reference when talking on another topic, another time I forgot to save source code to my VS projects because they were saved in Program Files for some reason, I guess if a person never has such an experience you don't tend to ever develop a serious data retention habit.

I'm not saying this is of that importantce, but you know, the internet is full of garbage these days, screaming and yelling and impatience, this was just a well made video, no weird microphone imbalances, just loved it, I listened to it three times just for the fun of it :)

Good thing there is Google Takeout, I think it should retain the original copy of the original video even on deleted videos, I've done it a few times, but the last time was a bit back so I forgot.

Edited by Worrazen

Hello all,

Just to be clear to everyone, the video was very positively received by ED and I was given the opportunity to describe each point in my summary slide in good detail with key members. All bugs, and then a few that I forgot to address in the slide and video, have been noted. I'm really happy to see how DCS: A-10C II turns out with these improvements, let alone the new stuff. For full disclosure, I've brought up the following additional items:

-IFF Panel default switch settings at startup

-Fuel Flows Override additional thrust

-Gun Dispersion

-Default MFD setups

-Default CCIP Gun Cross vs. Reticle

-TGP Mask Zone too aggressive

I must admit that I am a very private person as far as my participation in the community is concerned, and I decided to put the video on private for this reason only. It achieved its purpose, and a lot of good came out of it. My intent for my participation here is to improve upon the essential parts of a sim that is dear to me, and I hope you all understand. Hopefully my next topic is a Bactria sequel with the new DCS: A-10C II!

Habu

Edited by Habu23
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello all,

Just to be clear to everyone, the video was very positively received by ED and I was given the opportunity to describe each point in my summary slide in good detail with key members. All bugs, and then a few that I forgot to address in the slide and video, have been noted. I'm really happy to see how DCS: A-10C II turns out with these improvements, let alone the new stuff. For full disclosure, I've brought up the following additional items:

-Gun Dispersion

-Default MFD setups

I must admit that I am a very private person as far as my participation in the community is concerned, and I decided to put the video on private for this reason only. It achieved its purpose, and a lot of good came out of it. My intent for my participation here is to improve upon the essential parts of a sim that is dear to me, and I hope you all understand. Hopefully my next topic is a Bactria sequel with the new DCS: A-10C II!

Habu

We are very thankful:D

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Thank you for your input Habu, I'm sure the module will be great. I'm looking forward to it :D

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Hopefully my next topic is a Bactria sequel with the new DCS: A-10C II!

Habu

This is the quote I’ve been waiting for! I still play Op BACTRIA, going in and fixing things that go awry with various updates (the new Caucuses map took a fair bit of work). I hope you’re glad to hear that mission is still alive and well! When you start work on your new mission, I’d be happy to help with VOs or anything else you need, since I’ve gotten so much play out of the original it’s the least I can do to give back.

On topic, it’s awesome that you are helping out with the Warthog II. I can’t wait for both!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• ED Team
I bet it was because of him saying that the current A-10C doesn't fly anything near as pig as the one in DCS. Bad constructive feedback from good source = breaks all the forum rules.

You do realize that 1) we(ED) didn't delete it, and 2) he explains above why it was deleted. Really, stop now.

• Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hello all,

-Gun Dispersion

-Default MFD setups

Habu

Thank you for you inputs and help! Looking forward to the V2.0 :D

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

Hello all,

-Gun Dispersion

-Default MFD setups

Habu

Job well done your input is very much appreciated!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• ED Team
As a general rule, when someone deletes stuff himself it's still possible he got pressured or paid. And it is a bit funny that it got removed as soon as there were dumbster fires rising on the comments. But to be fair, there are larger fires than that with no oppresive actions taken, even on your own forums.

Save your conspiracy for other places please, it is not welcome here.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2