[REPORTED]Strange Graphical Glitch

MarvK

31 minutes ago, Flappie said:

I beg to differ. I don't.

That's awesome, care to share your secret? Because tons & tons of people are having it, and absolutely nothing seems to help.

AD

• Like 1

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

@Aluminum Donkey I know. I've posted a few times in the thread to understand what you all have in common that I don't.

Here's my rig, software and settings:

MSI X470 GAMING PLUS

Ryzen 2700X (no OC)

RAM 32 GB DDR4-3000@2133 (XMP disabled - I don't like the racket it makes with the fans)

GTX 1080Ti (no OC) with NVIDIA driver v432.00

iiyama ProLite b2403WS (1920x1200@60 Hz)

No VR

No extra sound card

System stored on INTEL SSDSC2CT240A4

DCS stored on Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

TrackIR 4 with TrackIR 4.2 build 39 software

W10 Home Build 19041 (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

Automatically managed pagefile of 32GB stored on Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

USB selective suspend = disabled

Sleep mode = never

Power option = AMD Ryzen balanced power plan

DCS@latest open beta - no mods other than SRS and Tacview

I do not own any of the payware WWII modules, be it aircraft, assets or maps.

My NVIDIA settings:

image.png

My DCS OB settings:

image.png

Flappie_DxDiag.txt Flappie_OB_dcs.log

Edited by Flappie
added NVIDIA driver version
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

32 minutes ago, MarvK said:

Then this my be the difference.  I only see it on the Normandy map with WWII planes and assets.

That's what I suspected at first, then I did this test with exploding AI WWII planes: still no glitch on my rig.

Here's a video showing I don't get the glitch (latest OB):

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Flappie,

Thanks so much for posting your complete system specs. Interesting that you're using a GTX 1080 Ti, that's what I'm using as well, and performance is still very, very good for an older card.

Other than that, it doesn't look like your system is all that different from anyone else's. It's not like you're using a Xeon processor with 512 cores or whatever they're up to these days 🙂

I really hope we can solve this soon, because the constant flashing is annoying as all hell.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

3 hours ago, lipas70 said:

It probably makes a difference. Yesterday we flew with colleagues in the Caucasus (jets only). No flashes. Then a quick WW2 mission in Normandy and flashes like at a disco.

Exactly. It happens constantly for me in Normandy, I haven't noticed it in the other maps. Which really sucks ass, because I really like the Normandy map! I also have framerate drops in Normandy, it runs like a champ at 60 FPS (I have the framerate clamped at 60) but sometimes tanks down to 20 or so... Changing to external view and back again sometimes stops it and it goes right back up to 60--with constant flashing all the time. Downclocking my GPU and VRAM does not fix it.

Looks like the Normandy map itself is chock full of f*cking bugs, good luck ever getting it fixed.

This sim is way too expensive for this kind of rubbish all the time!!

AD

Edited by Aluminum Donkey

Kit:

On 12/18/2020 at 8:03 PM, Andy1966 said:

Hi I just wanted to say I just flew online on LDFMs  The Channel server earlier and there were no yellow and black flashes as were described earlier. there were however some stutters, not terrible, but very noticeable. 

hi, I got a chance to fly a little while this weekend, and the flashes are back

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried the extreme method: complete formatting and reinstallation of the operating system, the simulator only the essential parts, graphics drivers and peripherals.  I immediately tried to fly and do the aerial fights and the flashes continue.  this is all very frustrating.

Edited by zorro74

I just flew a couple missions over the Caucasus map with WW2 fighters. I do get some of the dreaded yellow flashing above the horizon like so many other people, but not as much as over Normandy.

So, the WW2 fighters seem to actually *cause* the yellow flashes--BUT, the Normandy map makes it much worse. Flying jets/helicopters over Normandy doesn't seem to do it.

Possible shader bug caused only by the WW2 fighters? Speaking of which, I've noticed the propeller discs flickering as well in WW2 modules (not yellow, just flickering textures.)

Dang, I hope ED gets this fixed soon, because performance in DCS is better now than it's ever been, and I wanna fly it, not just pork around with it!

AD

Kit:

3 hours ago, PETER SHIFTY said:

Hi, i have the same problem. 

DCS NORMANDY, DCS CHANNEL, P51, P47, SPITFIRE, WW2 ASSETS.

It seems to be caused mostly by the WW2 fighters. Other modules don't seem to do it, at least not for me.

There has been a report (with video) of the yellow flickering occurring with the Hornet module. I haven't had it (yet!)

AD

Kit:

On 12/21/2020 at 4:14 PM, Flappie said:

@Aluminum DonkeyI forgot some important detail: I use a rather old NVIDIA driver: v432.00

I think I'm gonna try that. v432.00 you say? I'll see if I can find it, we both have the same graphics card too.

AD

Edited by Aluminum Donkey

Kit:

Ok, I just tried the 432.00 Nvidia driver, deleted metashaders & fxo. Complete removal of previous driver with DDU.

No difference. Still lots of yellow flashing.

This is REALLY starting to p*ss me off. How long until ED fixes this for good? 6 months? A couple years?

Kit:

• ED Team

Understand the frustration, the solution is proving difficult. 

If I get any news I will share it. 

thank you

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

All right... Just did a HUGE down-clocking of my CPU, GPU and VRAM all together. About 1/3 slower.

Still yellow flashes. Happens with G-Sync on or off.

I guess it just tells us that the problem is the sim itself and not hardware, although I could try downclocking my system RAM too I guess.

Kit:

• ED Team

I dont think it is you, it is dcs. We are looking into it, but its not an easy one sorry

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

15 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I dont think it is you, it is dcs. We are looking into it, but its not an easy one sorry

This is driving myself, and many other people, absolutely bananas and MUST be fixed. I also just tried turning off XMP memory overclock, running some older versions of Nvidia drivers, downclocking my CPU, CPU cache, GPU, and VRAM, and deleting DirectX shader cache as well as metashaders/fxo, and running without G-Sync or V-Sync, and nothing fixes it. It doesn't happen in any other game--only DCS World.

This sim is *much* too expensive to put up with this. Many people are having this flashing/flickering problem. Not much point in developing the sim any more if this can't be resolved once and for all!

A long-time customer who's wallet is much lighter and is frustrated blue in the face with this,

AD

Kit:

• ED Team

As mentioned as soon as I have news I will post it, I can not magic a solution up sorry. 

It is very high priority already, but a challenging one for a fix. 

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Svend_Dellepude said:

Explosions seems to be the trigger on my end, regardless of module.

Yes as soon as combat starts and some damage is happening, this is what I am seeing