[REPORTED]Strange Graphical Glitch

MarvK

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Yes as soon as combat starts and some damage is happening, this is what I am seeing 

Yes. Same here. Recently I've been doing 1v1 guns SP and if i deal enough damage to turn the AI into a fireball or  when AI impacts the ground I will get this glitch. But it's like 1 out of 10 times or less.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I agree - explosions, smoke, lighting and or some combination of damage in the environment - challenging indeed.. 

Glad I am not the developer(s) with the task of trying to find root cause by troubleshooting and "simplifying" the 'ultra complex' DCS Graphics engine.   Not fun - I am sure.  

Good Luck ED thanks @BIGNEWY - Happy Holidays!

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

As mentioned as soon as I have news I will post it, I can not magic a solution up sorry. 

It is very high priority already, but a challenging one for a fix. 

That's good to hear, I will try playing with NVCP settings and the like to see if anything helps or gives any insight.

BTW I'm not trying to rant. OK, I'm ranting. 🙂 But, we love our sim and spend a small fortune on it, and this has been around for a while.

You could just re-write the whole graphics engine to use Vulkan API, that might fix it 🙂

AD

22 minutes ago, Svend_Dellepude said:

Yes. Same here. Recently I've been doing 1v1 guns SP and if i deal enough damage to turn the AI into a fireball or  when AI impacts the ground I will get this glitch. But it's like 1 out of 10 times or less.

I like big WW2 furballs with 32 planes in the air buzzing around like a swarm of hornets 🙂  I'm surprised at how good the performance is overall, although there's a little stuttering that's tough to iron out.

The flashing is like a light show at a rock concert.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

2 hours ago, Aluminum Donkey said:

The flashing is like a light show at a rock concert.

AD

Which BTW could be considered a good thing now that there are no live shows with covid and all.. 🙂

Edited by Svend_Dellepude
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

12 hours ago, Svend_Dellepude said:

Which BTW could be considered a good thing now that there are no live shows with covid and all.. 🙂

Yeah, but you can watch kickass live shows on various video hosting websites, I'd rather not see them in my flight sim 🤘

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

Ok, I just updated to the latest Nvidia Studio-Ready driver, version 460.89, and deleted my fxo and metashaders2 folders.

Now I get white and black flashes instead of yellow ones. 😄

Still have some experimenting to do... I've only flown the WW2 fighters on the Caucasus map and not Normandy yet.

AD

Kit:

Update--I'm back to getting yellow flashes with WW2 fighters.  🤮

AD

Kit:

Big orange and multicoloured flash across the screen momentarily flying the P-47 on the Channel map.

Had it many times over the last month and is intermittant.

No files to send. Just reconfirming what others have seen.

No mods being used.

Edited by Catseye

Add one more to the confirmation list---spitfire in Channel Map Instant Action missions.  With or without gsync enabled.  Pretty much any combination of nvidia control panel settings.  Seems rather random in severity and frequency---but seems to start when something takes fire.

Confident ED will fix.  Thank you.

8700K.  32gb ram.  RTX 3080.  

Edited by manashttu

Intel 8700K, delidded at 5.1 ghz, Asrock z370 Extreme4, 32gb DDR4 3200, MSI Ventus RTX 3080, triple 1440p Dell s2716dg screens, VKB Gunfighter Mk.I, Virpil M50-CM2 throttle, MFG Crosswind pedals.

+1

Settings: Normandy map: Spitfire and P-51 in single-player

System: i8700, Nvidia 1080GTX, 24GB, Rift S

Started with the installation of the latest DCS Stable. I guess the OB problem has propagated to Stable. I'm rolling back to the previous Stable - this is unplayable. 

+1

Normandy map when flak starts firing

Nvidia drivers version 457.09.

Spec in signature.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Guys, read my first post in this thread.  This has been going on since mid August.  The last OB that was not showing the flashes, was OB2.5.6.52437. If you want to try it for yourself, roll back to that one.

I still think it has to do with the WWII asset pack. Flak is at the top of my suspect list. Next would be muzzle flashes.

I really hope that this will be fixed soon. It kills the immersion.

Edited by MarvK
reformat text

23 minutes ago, MarvK said:

Guys, read my first post in this thread.  This has been going on since mid August.  The last OB that was not showing the flashes, was OB2.5.6.52437. If you want to try it for yourself, roll back to that one.

I still think it has to do with the WWII asset pack.  Flak is at the top of my suspect list.  Next would be muzzle flashes.  

I really hope that this will be fixed soon.  It kills the immersion.

Thanks, MarvK, but I'm using stable, not OB. So, I have to roll back to the previous stable (which I'll probably end up doing because otherwise WWII warbirds over Normandy are unflyable). I sure hope they find a fix quickly!!!

Checking in, I experience it as well on the Channel map running the Liberation missions. It appears to happen when there's lots of action going on, though it does not happen when I myself hit targets. It also does not happen in the beginning of the missions where there's no gunfire/hits, nor does it happen in extended free flights without enemies or weapons usage. 

the same here with P-47 and Channel map a lot glichts in red orange color flash

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

+1, today on Normandy MP Map, did not see this before.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

I have just been flying mission 5 of Horrido which features low cloud and as soon as combat starts against the bombers the flashes and general light show on the clouds is the worst I have ever seen it. I have never experienced this in any of the other software that I use.

The worst part is that sometimes the entire mission will go smoothly and the next one with a lot of flashes.
It is really difficult to pinpoint the moment and circumstance that starts to cause this. It is completely incomprehensible to me.

W10 64bit, i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, GTX 1070Ti, 27" FullHD monitor

I upgraded to the newest Nvidia drivers (from 438.16) last week. Flushed FXO, metashaders2 of course. The flashes are absolutely constant in the WWII instant action missions - every few seconds as soon as combat starts - and less common but still present with jets. SP or MP, no difference. The amount of combat and particularly burning/crashing/exploding aircraft seems directly proportional to the flashes. In the usual missions I play, the frequency is the same as it has been for months; in these WWII bomber intercept missions it's much worse.

It's not related to map or aircraft type so I think that can safely be eliminated as a factor.

If I fly the 109K bomber intercept its perfectly fine until I get near the bombers. When they start to fire the sim shakes like crazy! It’s like the aircraft is being shaken by an angry toddler. Totally unplayable. I also get only occasional flashes, but they are only moderate.

5 minutes ago, Spicer1978 said:

If I fly the 109K bomber intercept its perfectly fine until I get near the bombers. When they start to fire the sim shakes like crazy! It’s like the aircraft is being shaken by an angry toddler. Totally unplayable. I also get only occasional flashes, but they are only moderate.

Intel i7-9700k @ 5Ghz. Corsair H80i cooler. Zotac RTX2080 super OC. 32GB. Rift S. Asus ROG strix Z390-F.

The same, I met it on Normandy map. Even in VR and on 2D monitor. Its interesting that this problem has been around for half a year and has not been resolved till now?

Graphical glitch. Pls fix it. 

latest?cb=20180810014617

Easy to spot it, use my simple mission and try to attack Boston (FW190 A8).

FW-190 A8 Normandy flight.miz

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Guys! At last! I can see them too!

Joking aside, I've installed some WWII modules (WWII assets pack, P-47D, Spitfire IX, Normandy and the Channel) while they are free-to-play in order to check if I could "at last" see the infamous glitch while playing your tracks... and yes I can.

Here's my replay of one of MarvK's track (Flashing2.trk). I see one pretty specimen at 1:39.

Now, I'll uninstall one by one each WWII module until I can't see the glitch anymore (... I hope I won't be seeing it anymore...).

EDIT: Uninstalled Channel map, Spitfire IX and P-47D. Still having the glitch, aboard a TF-51D.

EDIT2: I'm now pretty sure this is linked to the AAA 8,8cm Flak 37 unit. Over Normandy, it seems I cannot reproduce the issue when no Flak 37 is present.

Edited by Flappie
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I saw it when I didnt have any AAA on the ground, just two WW2 planes in the air ...

so maybe the problem is demage model or ammo?

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro