Sea Eagle

paco2002

• 10 months later...

Hey @Vibora - is this still planned? It'd be awesome to get the Sea Eagle working in multiplayer. If I recall correctly, it currently requires a waypoint placed in the mission editor, which won't work too well in a dynamic multiplayer scenario. Perhaps a system where we can adjust the Lat/Lon of the target using the kneeboard if we're parked on the ground with the engine off, like the current F-16 GBU laser code system? Thanks for all the hard work on the C-101.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I'd love it if you raised this in your priority list, to me it is the single biggest issue the C-101 has and really hurts my enjoyment of the module.  There are quite a few other DCS devs that have made the F-10 map a means to create waypoints for weapons, along with data card use and laser code settings that can only be done on the ground using the kneeboard, it seems to me that this would be a workable solution that the C-101 could employ.
Thanks for your consideration, it's just the one thing I wish I could do, use the C-101 in the anti-ship role on a multiplayer server, as it is it can't be done.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

This feature, even if just used on the ramp, with typing in the coordinates for it, is very important to the module's useability. Right now it is not possible to use the Sea Eagle in any kind of dynamic environment that is not a purely preplanned and scripted .miz prepared by you. 

On 10/31/2023 at 7:20 PM, Vähäkylä said:

This feature, even if just used on the ramp, with typing in the coordinates for it, is very important to the module's useability. Right now it is not possible to use the Sea Eagle in any kind of dynamic environment that is not a purely preplanned and scripted .miz prepared by you. 

Yes, I still see this as a kind of high priority, at least, some temporary way of programming the Sea Eagle to fly to a point and destroy a ship. 

Something like adding an F10 mark with a name, like Viggen does for the Flight plan, to fly to the point and search for a ship on a certain area, of let's say, 5-10NM (?) and attack a ship if found.

Hope this idea gets moving, since this thread is old, and there is people asking for it every now and then.

54 minutes ago, paco2002 said:

Yes, I still see this as a kind of high priority, at least, some temporary way of programming the Sea Eagle to fly to a point and destroy a ship. 

Something like adding an F10 mark with a name, like Viggen does for the Flight plan, to fly to the point and search for a ship on a certain area, of let's say, 5-10NM (?) and attack a ship if found.

Hope this idea gets moving, since this thread is old, and there is people asking for it every now and then.

There's definitely a way to script it.  I've played with it a bit and was able to assign targets dynamically.

This script is a few years old, but I would guess that it still works (see attached). You assign the SeaEagle target on the F10 map using a text mark that says "seaeagle". It could probably be done a bunch of different ways, but you get the idea.

Install this plus MiST in the mission.

seaEagle.lua

• Thanks 1