Default MFD Page File?

LieutenantFalcon

ED have stated that the ability to program a DTC (Data Transfer Cartridge) prior to flight on the menu Special Tab or ME that holds a bunch of this type info like SPs, MFD sets and CMS progs etc is 'in progress' for several aircraft including the Viper.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED have stated that the ability to program a DTC (Data Transfer Cartridge) prior to flight on the menu Special Tab or ME that holds a bunch of this type info like SPs, MFD sets and CMS progs etc is 'in progress' for several aircraft including the Viper.

Yeah but I'm looking for a solution that I won't have to wait 2 years for

I made a keyboard macro that sets things up for me like: set AIM-9 to bore, populates MFD pages (SMS, HSD) in A2A mode, centers HSD, locks HSD to radar range, defaults radar to TWS, turns on RWR, arms master arm, laser, tgp... all with one button click and it takes 2 seconds for it to do it's thing.

I just assigned OSB buttons to keyboard keys and used those in the macro. Not very technological, but it's what I have to work with.

i7-7700k OC'd to 5.0 GHz, ASUS 1080ti OC, 32 GB 3200 MHz G.Skill, Samsung 960 pro M.2, Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek pedals, Valve Index HMD

I made a keyboard macro that sets things up for me like: set AIM-9 to bore, populates MFD pages (SMS, HSD) in A2A mode, centers HSD, locks HSD to radar range, defaults radar to TWS, turns on RWR, arms master arm, laser, tgp... all with one button click and it takes 2 seconds for it to do it's thing.

I just assigned OSB buttons to keyboard keys and used those in the macro. Not very technological, but it's what I have to work with.

Would you mind please share?

Does anyone happen to know in what file I can edit the default MFD pages for the master modes? I did some digging under Mods/aircraft/F-16C/Cockpit/Scripts, but I can't find anything there even though the CMDS programs are there.

That'd be very interesting to know, if anyone, please share how.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Would you mind please share?

That'd be very interesting to know, if anyone, please share how.

I don't think I can copy/paste from iCUE (Corsair keyboard software) but here is a short representation of it so you get the gist:

1. Press key M

2. Pause execution for 100 ms.

3. Release key M

4. Pause execution for 100 ms.

5. Press key F

6. Pause execution for 100 ms.

7. Release key F

8. Pause execution for 100 ms.

9. Press key J

10. Pause execution for 100 ms.

11. Release key J

12. Pause execution for 100 ms.

13. Press key F

14. Pause execution for 100 ms.

15. Release key F

and so on.... then I bound that whole macro to my G6 key on my K95 keyboard so with one press of the G6 key it runs through all that in about 3.5 seconds.

I have bound those keys to the different OSB buttons in DCS. My advice is to do your normal set-up flow and take notes on which buttons you press, look up and assign those buttons to a unused key in the DCS settings, then use those keys to program your macro. I found for my system (others may vary) that if I tried to use 50 ms delays it ended up skipping a step every once in a while and would screw up the rest of the macro. I buffered it to 100 ms for that reason.

i7-7700k OC'd to 5.0 GHz, ASUS 1080ti OC, 32 GB 3200 MHz G.Skill, Samsung 960 pro M.2, Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek pedals, Valve Index HMD

I don't think I can copy/paste from iCUE (Corsair keyboard software) but here is a short representation of it so you get the gist:

1. Press key M

2. Pause execution for 100 ms.

3. Release key M

4. Pause execution for 100 ms.

5. Press key F

6. Pause execution for 100 ms.

7. Release key F

8. Pause execution for 100 ms.

9. Press key J

10. Pause execution for 100 ms.

11. Release key J

12. Pause execution for 100 ms.

13. Press key F

14. Pause execution for 100 ms.

15. Release key F

and so on.... then I bound that whole macro to my G6 key on my K95 keyboard so with one press of the G6 key it runs through all that in about 3.5 seconds.

I have bound those keys to the different OSB buttons in DCS. My advice is to do your normal set-up flow and take notes on which buttons you press, look up and assign those buttons to a unused key in the DCS settings, then use those keys to program your macro. I found for my system (others may vary) that if I tried to use 50 ms delays it ended up skipping a step every once in a while and would screw up the rest of the macro. I buffered it to 100 ms for that reason.

Thank you.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

• 1 year later...

Another way to do this is via VoiceAttack(VA). Technically, a VA sequence could be created which handles CMFD pre-configs ofr both MFDs. 
I don't have such a routine made up for me yet. But as my head goes back into the Viper, I will make one and share it in this forum.  

Edited by everest101

MOBO/MSI X570-A PRO/PCIe 4. CPU/AMD RYZEN 9 3900X (12 CORE), RAM/DDR4-32 GB (3200MHZ with XMP activated on the MOBO), GPU/EVGA-RTX 3080Ti, HMD/PIMAX Crystal, HOTAS/Thrustmaster Cougar

On 2/20/2022 at 4:37 PM, oznckr said:

Also check this out.

This is the answer. In addition to custom MFD profiles, you can set up and share your flight plan with wingmen. And a nice perk is that when you die and respawn, you don't have to retype all your waypoints. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

A good stop gap until the DTC is “FINELY” implemented.
(Should have been a priority in the first year IMHO)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog