Yes. There is no way to make the AI drop JDAMs diving and I wanted to stay true to the book

as much as possible - all within the DCS limitations.

Hey baltic_dragon, thank you for reply! Could you please advise regarding elevation question above?

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

I have a question: there are coordinates for all 4 targets on the kneeboard indeed, but there's no elevation for them. Does it mean I shouldn't touch elevation at all when enering data for JDAM PP mode or enter 0 feet (what I did)?

All the targets are on the water, which means elevation 0, yes.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

All the targets are on the water, which means elevation 0, yes.
Thank you

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

• 2 weeks later...
Are nvg’s disabled for this mission? I can’t get them to work and getting in formation is really difficult when you can’t see your lead. Even when using a/a tacan and radar. Am I missing something?

Latest patch has made it so you have to choose what helmet you want. You have to ask the ground crew via the radio for the helmet addon either: JHMCS, or NVG. You can not have both.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 12:39 AM, tifafan said:

Shooted down by SA-15 when drop bomb.....

Yep, me too. Stay on leads wing until we get told to drop, turn left on target, get a launch warning and 5 seconds later I'm dead, happened twice now. I have ECM doing it's xmit thing and  I'm dumping chaff and flare. Happened twice now. Also, while my lifeless corpse and mangled jet were plummeting to the deck I went ahead and hit F6 to check the progress of the 3 munitions I was able to get off and at least one of them landed in the water right in between the boats. I definitely plugged in the coordinates accurately. Gonna give it a third go here shortly but I don't know what else I can do differently.

14 hours ago, Arbil said:

Yep, me too. Stay on leads wing until we get told to drop, turn left on target, get a launch warning and 5 seconds later I'm dead, happened twice now. I have ECM doing it's xmit thing and  I'm dumping chaff and flare. Happened twice now. Also, while my lifeless corpse and mangled jet were plummeting to the deck I went ahead and hit F6 to check the progress of the 3 munitions I was able to get off and at least one of them landed in the water right in between the boats. I definitely plugged in the coordinates accurately. Gonna give it a third go here shortly but I don't know what else I can do differently.

I’ll check - it shouldn’t be that difficult.

I made sure to stay above 15k and put my dispenser on S/A mode so it was dumping chaff like crazy when I triggered it and I was able to survive the attack run this time.

However, the AAR part of the mission is seriously buggy. When I get up behind the tanker and used the radio to call ready pre-contact, it just keeps repeating the chicks in tow dialog line and doesn't let me ever hook up to the basket. I had plenty of fuel so this was no biggie. So I just said abort rejoin and then formed up on the right and the dialog popped calling for 2 to refuel. She just dropped back like a mile and hung back there doing nothing for like 5 minutes, then 4 got on the basket (he was super low on fuel from catching up to us when I hauled ass out of the AO), using the SA page to check his fuel it seemed like he got almost a full load, he was showing 10.1 on the SA page for his fuel. He finished then went back to left wing of the tanker and then 2 came up and plugged in. After she was done the dialog progressed and 4 said he was going to take fuel but I guess because he already did he just stayed on the left wing of the tanker indefinitely and never did anything. The mission wouldn't progress past that point. I just went ahead and switched to marshall and called inbound and headed back to the ship with 2 on my right wing the whole time in the pattern and down to the deck, I had no way to kiss her off because the triggers were still stuck with 4 on the tanker's left wing just flying around. The mission still completed when I got back aboard mother so I can move on, thank goodness. But, yea, the AAR part was super buggy. Still loving the campaign and having a blast with it. Thanks, Baltic, for your work and responses here on the forum.

• 2 months later...

any info on the SA? btw I'm experimenting with this mission and I don't hear the radio checks like in some videos. I'm on 3 pri on the deck. but I can only listen to the flight when push is broadcasted. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

On 4/27/2021 at 8:58 AM, t-stoff said:

any info on the SA? btw I'm experimenting with this mission and I don't hear the radio checks like in some videos. I'm on 3 pri on the deck. but I can only listen to the flight when push is broadcasted. 

The SA display is working for me in 2.7. The check in is different to the missions before for me. I hear a big check when all players check in, then nothing. I just launch as close as possible behind Hammer 11 (CY11 on SA page) and find him airborne (which is bloody hard!).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 9:25 AM, baltic_dragon said:

I’ll check - it shouldn’t be that difficult.

I have a problem even before this. That first SAM that launches, when it says it's not tracking and it went ballistic - it locks me and kills me EVERY TIME. I'm pretty sure you designed it that way, and it doesn't lock onto anyone I've watched do the mission on youtube and whatnot. I'm in formation in the correct spot. I have ECM XMIT on, I've tried dumping chaff and evading with no success. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. 

7 hours ago, Delta302 said:

I have a problem even before this. That first SAM that launches, when it says it's not tracking and it went ballistic - it locks me and kills me EVERY TIME. I'm pretty sure you designed it that way, and it doesn't lock onto anyone I've watched do the mission on youtube and whatnot. I'm in formation in the correct spot. I have ECM XMIT on, I've tried dumping chaff and evading with no success. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. 

I have the exact same problem. I have tried the mission 3 times now and i got shot down every time by that SAM.

34 minutes ago, Tmi said:

I have the exact same problem. I have tried the mission 3 times now and i got shot down every time by that SAM.

Me too.

Edited by alip
error

RTX 3080 12GB  *  i7-13700K  *  64GB DDR5  *  Windows 11

9 hours ago, Tmi said:

I gave up after the fifth attempt. If I have to type those freaking GPS coordinates in one more time I'm going scream. I'm glad I'm not the only one having the problem. It sucks, because I wanted to finish the campaign this weekend. Now I'm not touching it again until I see Baltic's response. 

Guys, I am looking for advice please.

I have tried Mission 10 like 7 times, and no matter what, I get shot down by a missile launched from the island before Bandar Abbas.  I have tried flying very close in formation to Cajun, far from Cajun, release chaff/flares, take evasive actions... and no matter what I do, I ALWAYS got shot down by THAT missile.

Any suggestions please?

I see I am not alone, which is a relief, but I do not see any replies/suggestions. Hopefully @baltic_dragon may give us a clue please?

Cheers!

Edited by john_e_alarcon

1 hour ago, john_e_alarcon said:

I have tried Mission 10 like 7 times, and no matter what, I get shot down by a missile launched from the island before Bandar Abbas.  I have tried flying very close in formation to Cajun, far from Cajun, release chaff/flares, take evasive actions... and no matter what I do, I ALWAYS got shot down by THAT missile.

Any suggestions please?

I see I am not alone, which is a relief, but I do not see any replies/suggestions. Hopefully @baltic_dragon may give us a clue please?

Cheers!

I think we are all kinda waiting for a reply from him at this point...Not sure if/when that might come.

On 5/26/2021 at 3:37 AM, Delta302 said:

I think we are all kinda waiting for a reply from him at this point...Not sure if/when that might come.

On 5/26/2021 at 1:40 AM, john_e_alarcon said:

Any suggestions please?

Cheers!

Hey guys and indeed sorry for not replying earlier, I have a lot of RL and normal work stuff going on that kept me away from DCS for a week or more.

I'll fix this issue for the next update (unless it lands today or tomorrow). Indeed it looks like the last one borked something in the mission, either with SAM ROE or something else...

• Like 2