[RESOLVED] Turning HSI VAD Selector

Antiguedad

I've noticed that turning HSI VAD Selector both in clockwise or counterclockwise directions always increases the value in modes rho and theta. At least in my case, I can't decrease the values of rho or theta in HSI VAD mode.

Dont know if it's a bug, or if anyone else have noticed this. (last openbeta)

Thanks. (sorry for the title, I meant value, not valor)

I don't often use it but i can confirme that when creating an offset to a target (tested on multiplayer).

Win10 64 / Intel Core i5-9400F/ 32Go RAM / GeForce GTX 2070s / HOTAS Warthog

french speaking here...

Callsign ZeeWag on DCS

Callsign "Wagner" since 1998 (Falcon 4.0, Longbow II...)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello JuanAJ, if you can confirm this still present in the latest update from 23/09/2020. If so, please attach a new .trk file thankyou.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Hello JuanAJ, if you can confirm this still present in the latest update from 23/09/2020. If so, please attach a new .trk file thankyou.

I can confirm this is still in the latest OpenBeta, tried yesterday. In orded to reproduce, just click+drag the IDN left knob, or scroll the mousewheel. it will only increase, regardless of the direction of the click-and-drag or the mousewheel.

And just to also confirm you have a clean install? Can you post a .trk file for us to review as well?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

• 3 weeks later...
Good to find this thread. Also got this behaviour in current stable, which is the same as beta at the moment of writing.
The fixes come out in OB and eventually work their way down to stable.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
With last OB as per 11-20-2020 the bug is still present.

HSI knob selector only increase in either clockwise or counterclock

understood, tracking.

• 2 weeks later...

I also confirm that this bug is still occuring on last OB.

Best regards,

Edited by MisterVince

Kind regards,

Vince

PC:

i5-7300HQ@2,5GHz | nVidia GTX 1050 Ti | 8Gb RAM | 256GB SSD for Windows+DCS | Windows10

Modules:

Mirage2000C | AV-8B N/A | MiG-21Bis | F-5E | L-39 | Gazelle | FC3

Combined Arms | Supercarrier

NTTR | Persian Gulf

hi, 

"Fixed: HSI knob decreases value" - WORKS WELL THX, 

Why now it is impossible to increase / decrease the distance(Rho) by one. Only every 5 units (Rho)?? //
OCCURRES WHEN I USE THE MOUSE ROLLER

Edited by error81

Hi Razbam,

Now, the HSI knob works both directions. But, it changes rho by 15nm steps (instead of 0.1nm...) and theta by somthing like 6°

And, that's not the worst : when changing one of those parameters (theta or rho) by some amount, then going to the other parameter, and changing it by a single step, the values jumps out like crazy. As if both values were changed at the same time when turning the knob, but updated on the HSI when changing it by one step.

In short:

Before last update : HSI offset was usable, but if you needed to decrease rho or theta, you had to increase up to 999nm or 359° and it would cycle back to zero. Not ideal but worked.

After last update : even if you are OK with not being able to adjust with more precision than 15nm or 6°, it's basically impossible to set a theta/rho offset due to the coupling between values.

TRK attached...

hsi-bug.trk