IN PROGRESS | Campaign: A-4E Skyhawk - Yom-Kippur Chapter I(looking for ALPHA TESTER)

Chef98

A-4E Skyhawk - Yom-Kippur Chapter I(under construction)

Hi guys, I'm working on a campaign for the free A-4E on the not so free Syria map :P with increasing difficulty, story line and real events inspired operations. The Chapter I of the Campagne will be placed in Yim-Kippur war 06.oct-10oct, the turning point.

All missions are with custom audio.To the fakt that I don't work for Disney and have synchronous speeckers avarible, the quality is acceptable for me ;)

There is already a three count number of work inside but I think without testing it will take around 100-150 hours to finish it.

The first three missions are in a playable condition, only cosmetics missing. Before release they will get a work over. All standard radio calls by KI will get removed (forgot to do it), scenery and ambient have to get added (smoke explosions moving helicopters and so on).

The next two weeks I don't have enough time to finish the Campaign in the next two weeks but I will upload the first 3 missions for you. I hope you will like it and please report bugs and things you dislike.

The full campaign you will get in around 4 weeks.

DOWNLOAD: https://mega.nz/file/ChIShSxQ#sNhuGzqoUBcsX6Z2Rrx9Bxyzodf2o83yii8uKa6WAhg

Install: Put the hole Syria folder to -> XXX:\Users\XXXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Missions

Missions in a nutshell:

Mission 1: The Greenhorn

Patrol above the Operation area with audio sight seeing tour.

Note: Haifa University, UN demilitarized zone, Strong border fortification and Ministry of Interior was not there in 1973

Mission 2: With the back to the wall

Intercepting mission where you have to protect Haifa on the first day of the Yom Kippur war. Because the IAF lost several jets in Sinai these days the IAF was not able to fly CAS until the enemy SA6 are destroyed(next mission).

Note: Haifa got hit by a few rockets but a air raid on Haifa never happened.

Mission 3: Operation Model 5

This is a SEAD mission with the AGM45 Shrike, where your wing man will fly by your order around and bait the SA6, so you can destroy it.

Note: Operation Model 5 was executed but without positive result. The Arabians had moved their SA6 before. Skyhawks don't have RWR so you have to bait the rockets.

Reported problems:

Mission 1:

-"Bing" checkpoint sound stops story sounds

-Smoke disable area by wingleader KI must be bigger

greetings and thank you for testing.

Edited by Chef98
  • Like 1

Hi, thanks for sharing, the A4 really needs more missions and will benefit greatly from your work. I’d love To help test this campaign, but I’m currently focused on another project and will not have time For the next 2 weeks, afterwards I will surely fly them and provide my input.

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...