Trees from high altitude

-IRRE-Rolluptito

Hello !

I really like the map and its potential, but the only thing that I find that could be better is the texture of the tree-illusion drawn on it for high altitude. Altitude where the 3D trees are not visible.

If you see the Caucasus map from high altitude, there's textures for the trees on the ground, that make the illusion of actual trees.

On the Syria Map I have the impression that it is desert, and when I lose altitude I see trees grow-up.

I attach a screenshot of what I mean. I feel like the far distance "trees illusion" on ground texture is working well and could be awesome for the Syria map.

I attach two screenshots from the same area of Syria too, one is zoomed in, the other is a zoomed out.

How the trees illusion is managed on Caucasus map :

Screen-200901-153543.jpg

Syria zoomed in.

syr1.jpg

Syria zoomed out a little bit.

syr2.jpg

It seems like it could be darker, or have a texture design like the Caucasusmap, in parts of the map that are full of trees.

Thanks for the map.

RollupTito

Edited by -IRRE-Rolluptito
  • Like 1

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

I have also noticed many of the things pointed out here, then I remembered.....it's considered an early access map. I think there is a lot of work still to do before it rivals the other maps. Night lighting does not match the new lighting of the PG and Cauc maps. My point is, give it some time and I'm sure we'll all see it improve with each patch coming down the pipe.

Agreed on the original post. I honestly find the Caucasus map, aside from the lack of detail and individual trees in comparison to Syria, better looking from medium and high altitudes than Syria at this point.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

@Honez : Oh yeah, I know it is early. But the earlier we report that kind of stuff the better. ;)

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

I also agree with the OP's observation. And hopefully making trees more visible from a distance is already in the pipeline.

But it can't hurt to mention that it would be a nice feature to have.

It's pretty much the same with the runway lights that only appears when zoomed in or if the aircraft is close enough.

I'm sure Ugra Media is still working on many aspects and that the performance passes might happen later.

Beautiful map and level of details! :thumbup:

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Overall very good map- but I agree with this. Looking at satelite photos and other... sims which depicts the area photorealistically, the colours are very muted in this map. I reality the colours are more vibrant, contrastful and the forest areas are a much deeper green, not unlike the Caucasus forests.

• 1 month later...

+1 it is really big problem that i hope will be solved in near future becouse this is one of the best maps ever

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It seems way better with today's update. Good job !

It seems way better with today's update. Good job !

Could you post some screenshots for those of us sticking with stable? :helpsmilie:

Based on the patch notes it seems to be an ED problem, not a Ugra problem. it was said this map is using the latest map SDK and tech, so maybe they needed to work on that side and not on the map itself. In any case, if it is better, that is great news indeed, this map deserves to look as good from altitude as it does down low.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 6:43 PM, glide said:

Related to trees, I notice that the lights (street lights, buildings, etc.) do not render at night if they are outside the Visibility range.

I hope that UGRA will sort this out in some of next updates

106_47.jpg

9 hours ago, Avenger31 said:

I hope that UGRA will sort this out in some of next updates

It would be nice to see the lights across the desert.  I've been testing midnight flights with a full moon on PG and Caucasus (winter is very nice).  Looking forward to some night lighting.

They are improving map step by step, one of those steps will be lighting and we gonna have full enjoyment. I would also like to see different seasons like on caucasus map but who knows maybe that will be possible too 

106_47.jpg

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-watermanpc said:

Don't you have issues with the extreme load factor (guess=3) making objects to flicker?

No, I have custom values for instancing in terrainoptions41.lua set so this never happens, I have posted this many times in the past in other threads but it largely goes ignored.

edit: this was made yesterday in multiplayer using 3.0 distancefactor, see how it looks from around 10 minutes onwards.

Edited by Mustang

37 minutes ago, Mustang said:

No, I have custom values for instancing in terrainoptions41.lua set so this never happens, I have posted this many times in the past in other threads but it largely goes ignored.

thanks for the reply, and sorry if it is explained somewhere, I did actually read about it but I'm not sure what of your terrainoptions files is the one with that modified instancing value, guess the one in your Hormuz mod. Will take a look at it. Thanks for your work!

Take a look at my MODS here