Styrautomat SA06 mode disengagement

Goblin

According to the SFI (POH), SA06 HÖJD mode is disengaged by selecting ATT and ATT is disengaged by selecting SPAK. Selecting SPAK also disengages both ATT and HÖJD, if active. SPAK is disengaged by the SNURK on the stick, or by pulling the circuit breaker. This also disengages ATT and HÖJD, since SPAK must be active for those two modes.

In DCS Viggen, you can disengage HÖJD by selecting HÖJD and selecting ATT disengages both ATT and HÖJD.

Has this been confirmed as a bug?

SNURK seems to work as described, though.

Hi. I don't exactly get what you're saying (I'm a bit tired), but here's a post I made a while ago about issues with the autopilot modes activation: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4010689&postcount=6

Maybe you can start from there to show how it's supposed to work in real life.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

SPAK, ATT and HÖJD modes are all cancelled by selecting the lower mode, according to the Pilots Operating Manual. But doing that in DCS also cancels the lower mode that you are selecting, and that can’t be right.

Example.

SPAK, ATT, HÖJD modes are engaged.

I want to cancel HÖJD mode and selects ATT.

This should just cancel HÖJD, but in DCS it also cancels ATT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I may have spoken too soon…

Now you can cancel the ATT and HÖJD by selecting the lower mode. I.e. if ATT and HÖJD is engaged, you can press ATT to cancel HÖJD, or you can press SPAK to cancel both ATT and HÖJD. This is correct behaviour.

However, you can also cancel SPAK, ATT and HÖJD by selecting the respective mode. I.e. you can cancel HÖJD by pressing HÖJD again. Same with ATT. And, you can also cancel SPAK by pressing SPAK. According to the SFI (The aircraft operating manual) SPAK can only be cancelled by pressing SNURK on the stick, or by pulling the circuit breaker.

But at least it is now possible to use the Styrautomat as intended, even if there are some extra features 😉

Edited by Goblin

• 6 months later...

Question 1: "SNURK" is the "Autopilot disconnect" button described in RC2 on page 22 ?
Question 2: Is - or should - this button be mapped to the action in the controls-setup "Autopilot quick disengage"? I guess so ...

As a Warthog user I found out the following a few minutes ago (how could I have overseen this for years ... :doh:
The grey-colored "Flaps" 3-position switch on the most left side of the throttle base can be used pretty fine for actions "Autopilot HÖJD/ATT" (forward) and action "Autopilot SPAK/ATT" (rearward) pretty fine. This eliminates some of the difficulties in mapping switches and buttons.
I am not a cockpit-mouse-clicker-type-pilot, I use more the controls ... just because otherwise they became unused 🙂

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

On 7/6/2022 at 12:20 AM, TOViper said:

Question 1: "SNURK" is the "Autopilot disconnect" button described in RC2 on page 22 ?

That should be it, yes.

On 7/6/2022 at 12:20 AM, TOViper said:

Question 2: Is - or should - this button be mapped to the action in the controls-setup "Autopilot quick disengage"? I guess so ...

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Autopilot quick disengage is this very button (SNURK).

@Goblin SPAK/ATT/HÖJD being disengageable through it's own push-buttons is reported.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Regarding the action "SAS mode SPAK flight stabilizer":
In the real aircraft, does this action turn OFF the SPAK or does it just cancel the ATT or HÖJD if they (or one of them) were (was) engaged?
In DCS this action at first activation disables any ATT or HÖJD, and at second activation it turns off SPAK.

According to Goblin's post I assume it is wrong behaviour in DCS.

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

7 hours ago, TOViper said:

Regarding the action "SAS mode SPAK flight stabilizer":
In the real aircraft, does this action turn OFF the SPAK or does it just cancel the ATT or HÖJD if they (or one of them) were (was) engaged?
In DCS this action at first activation disables any ATT or HÖJD, and at second activation it turns off SPAK.

According to Goblin's post I assume it is wrong behaviour in DCS.

Yes, this seems to be wrong, as it should not be possible to disable SPAK through its own push button. The only possible way to disable SPAK should be through the SNURK button on the stick (AP disconnect) or by pulling the respective CB.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg