6 Sidewinder loadout..?

Goblin

I’m not sure if this is a bug, or if it has been reported before.

I thought the AJS 37 could carry a combination of six Rb24/J/74, but when reading the SFI, I’m not so sure anymore.

Looking at the loadout scheme, the R7 pylons can only carry the Rb24J. The regular Rb24 can only be carried on the S7 pylons and the Rb24J and Rb74 can be carried on the V7 and S7 pylons.

Furthermore, it seems like the R7 pylons can’t be used if the V7 or S7 pylons are used for Rb24/J/74.

Anybody got any contradicting information regarding this..?

85412349-68AE-43AE-8384-0E1D188D0A39.thumb.jpeg.dc40bfb43fb30a99bb0fe48d13890698.jpeg

7ABBFBBC-2D95-45DE-9F5F-883A0EF3E27F.thumb.jpeg.e9a53033d711a5599341ba6c359541d2.jpeg

It should be possible. It is just that the rail (rb-24 skena, might be the Aero-3B) does not fit on the inner four pylons (different attachment system entirely), but requires an adapter (Lavett 24) or just the newer type of rail (Lavett 74) that came with the AIM-9L.

So, the image shows the outer rails seperately from the others, not necessarily completely loadout schemes. We haven't found anything systemwise that would prevent it, unlike other weapon combinations.

Whether they would ever use 6 sidewinders on an AJ is different however!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It should be possible.

Yeah, I thought so too... It just bugs me why they didn’t extend the R7 Rb24J all the way down for all load alternatives in the schematic? And why do they write the AA loadouts are

* 4 Rb24/Rb24J

* 4 Rb24J/Rb74

* 2 Rb24J

Why not an alternative with

* 6 Rb24J/Rb74..?

It’s not a big issue. I doubt an AJS 37 would ever use a loadout like that ;)

It just made me curious and I wanted to know if anybody had any evidence...

Whether they would ever use 6 sidewinders on an AJ is different however!

That would not be possible as the R7 pylon wasn’t active on the AJ. It lacked wiring and connectors.

We are rather fortunate that we avoided the rb28!

Would have been interesting to play around with that one :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Was referring to the AJ(S) series rather than the JA (which had different outer pylons), but yeah no outer missiles on the AJ.

I see what you mean now.

It still is a mystery to me, why the loadout schematic is like it is, and why they only mention 4 or two missile combinations, without mentioning a six missile config...

The weight of RB74 would create to much stress on the wingtip,

Yes, the R7 can only carry the 24J, according to the SFI.

But why does the SFI say that the air to air load (jaktlast) is either four 24/24J or four 24J/74 at the S7 and V7 pylons or two 24J at the R7 pylons..? The SFI never mentions a six missile load...

So perhaps these limits is the reason? It’s hard to do a2a with that :)

Hm... Yes, that might be it.

The R7 2xRb24J was purely a defensive load and if you wanted to use the AJS for offensive AA, you only used the V7 and S7 pylons?

Could be!

Good find! :)