DCS: Syria Map - Helipad Locations

Bailey

14 hours ago, shu77 said:

I noticed ALT was absent as I was mapping the other day. Should this be the alt of the landing pad rather than the ground? 

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

Sounds reasonable, yes. 

Know what you're getting yourself into.

In DCS you'll only see the terrain elevations, so you'll have to make assumptions (or if you know another way, I'm curious how)

Anyways, I'll wait a bit with updating the .miz file until you've added info on helipad 50 to 80.

Happy to see that Ugra seems to focus on helo ops! :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

9 hours ago, sirrah said:

Know what you're getting yourself into.

In DCS you'll only see the terrain elevations, so you'll have to make assumptions (or if you know another way, I'm curious how)

Anyways, I'll wait a bit with updating the .miz file until you've added info on helipad 50 to 80.

Happy to see that Ugra seems to focus on helo ops! :thumbup:

I did see this, however I think if you list the terrain height it makes its pointless for any roof mounted fields.  if you place/land a helo on the pad would the external camera not give you an accurate altitude? Accepting of course that you cant spawn one with the current bug.  I did try doing a flyby in the freeview camera as I have a similar issue in trying to determine obstruction heights like the radio masts, but thats not very accurate. I think with the new clouds obstruction heights and Min safe altitude will start to play a much greater role in the sim

Edited by shu77

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Added about 50 more helipad locations. Check the link in the first post. Huge thanks to @Grimes too!
Don't stop looking though, there are more out there somewhere...

Also, we need to name a few dozen helipads. 
2021-04-20_14_27_10-Window.jpg

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

I am perhaps missing something as NDB is a little before my time for flight planning, but why is it listed in Km and the VOR in Nm? 

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Just now, shu77 said:

I am perhaps missing something as NDB is a little before my time for flight planning, but why is it listed in Km and the VOR in Nm? 

NDB is used more in the East, therefore km.
VOR is used more in the West, therefore nm.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Added about 50 more helipad locations. Check the link in the first post. Huge thanks to @Grimes too!
Don't stop looking though, there are more out there somewhere...

Also, we need to name a few dozen helipads. 
2021-04-20_14_27_10-Window.jpg

Wow! Great stuff guys!

I see you already updated your list. I'll try and update the .miz file today (if work allows me)

One question though, do you want me to add client helicopters to my mission? (similar like you've done in the screenshot above)

• Pro: One could easily select and fly around in each location (it seems that not everyone understands my .miz file and the absence of flyable units)
  • Con: It would be a lot of work deleting all of them when you want to create a mission.
  • Con: It would require me to add A LOT of clients. Each helipad x4 helo modules (soon to be more), which will make things messy and less readable

Please let me know what you think I should do.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

Wow! Great stuff guys!

I see you already updated your list. I'll try and update the .miz file today (if work allows me)

One question though, do you want me to add client helicopters to my mission? (similar like you've done in the screenshot above)

• Pro: One could easily select and fly around in each location (it seems that not everyone understands my .miz file and the absence of flyable units)
  • Con: It would be a lot of work deleting all of them when you want to create a mission.
  • Con: It would require me to add A LOT of clients. Each helipad x4 helo modules (soon to be more), which will make things messy and less readable

Please let me know what you think I should do.

I put in aircraft so that I could visualize, test the helipads, and look around. I wouldn't think that putting ~400 aircraft in the miz would be reasonable for the general populous. Plus 100 more for the next aircraft that comes out for DCS. I think that the method that you used previously was fine. 

• Like 1

Hatay 1 Worth noting 2,3,4 currently have trees spawning in the landing pads. 

hatay1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cw1.png

Hatay 2, more trees on landing pads, number 8 has an awesome view from the landing pad though.

hatay 2.png

Screen_210420_200736.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cw1.png

Dortyol Refinery, listed in the Chart as Karsi 1 and Karsi 2

dortyol.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cw1.png

Jaber Crossing Jordan Listed as Jaber North and Jaber South

Mafraq.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cw1.png

Updated the .miz file

Including markers on all 95 currently know helipad locations.

(for reference and until more accurate names are known, I used the exact names as in Bailey's list)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312093/

Screen_210421_120735_small.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

System specs:

2 hours ago, ArjenHVA said:

Thanks for the work @sirrah Noticed that you also marked a few potential future helispots around grid DT60. There is a bunch of them in the middle of the map as well. I marked them as red for reference and leave it up to you if you consider those valid or not 🙂 

DCS_Syria_Helipad_Locations_v1.4.1_add.miz 11.41 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks Arjen. I updated the .miz file and changed the color of possible future helipads to red (which was a good idea of you)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312093/

To bad that at the moment we can't place helo's directly on the ne platforms. You can land on them however. Fwiw, I just created a bug report

Edited by sirrah
  • Thanks 2

System specs:

I gave up posting updates last night, but have visited all of these now with the exception of the Kiryat/Rosh Pina pads to the east of the Sea of Galilee, which will be their own little effort over the next day or two as they outnumber the rest of the map.  Let me know if you'd like to Keep getting updates here as there are a couple I havent published, or would just like a link back to the updated documents when complete.

• Like 1

cw1.png

8 hours ago, shu77 said:

I gave up posting updates last night, but have visited all of these now with the exception of the Kiryat/Rosh Pina pads to the east of the Sea of Galilee, which will be their own little effort over the next day or two as they outnumber the rest of the map.  Let me know if you'd like to Keep getting updates here as there are a couple I havent published, or would just like a link back to the updated documents when complete.

I'm sure everybody will find their way through your document eventually to find whatever information they desire.

• Like 1

Finished my run through, Diagrams updated to include all current helipads. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

cw1.png

Found a new Helipad

image.png

Spawn Clips through the surface

Screen_210423_182726.png

Edited by shu77
  • Like 1

cw1.png

On 4/23/2021 at 5:30 PM, shu77 said:

Found a new Helipad

image.png

Spawn Clips through the surface

Screen_210423_182726.png

Added:
91-Haifa
Haifa Ministry of Interior
N 32°48.973' E 35°00.163'
131m / 429ft
112.4 MHz NAT 006 / 29nm
386 kHz RMD 316 / 24km
Spawns a meter in the ground

Changes:

All Haifa VORs have been changed to NAT

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

@BIGNEWY or @NineLine: Why on earth has this thread been moved to the wish-list section?

This is no wish, but a very helpful thread. It belongs under "DCS - Syria map"

In fact, imo it should be made a sticky there. Please move it back, because in the wish-list it'll get swallowed by all sorts of unrealistic wishes/requests.

• Like 3

System specs:

This means for example:  255 degrees for 31 NM from ROP VOR. So you can find them by navigating with your VOR needle (given that the helo you use is able to do so). The Huey has bearing but no distance measuring.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

• 3 weeks later...

@BIGNEWY and @NineLine
Bumping the question. Why is this suddenly a wishlist thread?

• Thanks 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |