Flight stays on channel 1 radio

So far I have completed missions 1-4 and the radio seems odd to me. To give commands to rooster, it works if I am on ch 1 or 2, but to give commands to my flight (my wingmen) I have to switch to ch1 to reach them. I thought they would be on ch 2 according to briefing. Reflected, what radio channels are the two flights on? Thanks

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

I'm gonna let you in on a secret :)

Both channels are set to the same frequency, so that you can communicate with your flight no matter which one your radio is set to. It's a workaround, I could have made my flight switch frequencies, but that is more prone to break if something is changed in an update.

Are you sure you are turning the channel selector the correct way? Maybe you are setting it to channel 0 instead of 2?

Edited by Reflected

It starts on channel 1, if I am in Ch1 or G I can connect to crew chief. If I am on Ch1 then I can communicate with everyone and hear the custom sounds, If I am on Ch2 I can still hear custom sounds, and can contact the second flight using the f10 menu, but if I contact my immediate flight, not the f10 menu but the flight menu, then it doesn't work on ch2 and I have to switch to ch1. Turning easy comms on to figure it out it automatically switches me from Ch2 to Ch1 to communicate with my flight. So going forward I will just stay on Ch1 which goes against the briefing.

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

Home base is on Ch1, using easy communication on and things work but I notice it automatically changes to Ch1, if I was on Ch2, after I select a radio communication option in F10